Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cole Palmer

31 minutes ago, Sly said:

Burnley no longer play Dyche type football. 

But they also won't be dominating possession in the prem. They will have to play differently in the prem to how they played last season, Kompany alluded to this on the Overlap podcast. If Pep wants him to have a genuine experience to what it is like playing for Man City, albeit at a lower level, then maybe we are an option despite prem interest.

• Like 2

It’s an odd one. On the face it it you’d say we’ve no chance…. But, with Enzo at the helm is increases the potential of it happening somewhat.

It then boils down to what Man City want for him and his development. And if Burnley are genuinely interested you’d have to say they might see that as an opportunity for him to develop in the premier league. 

The risk is with Burnley is they will be embroiled in a relegation fight, which could be detrimental to his development. Imagine if he goes there and Kompany is gone by Christmas? 

But, I think the reason this wouldn’t come off, if because of Cole himself. Reading comments about him, he’s an extremely self confident lad who’s well aware of his own ability, I don’t think he would entertain the idea of playing at this level. 

Edited by Pliskin

4 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

or Sheff Utd or Luton

he'd be ideal for any of them imo

but there’s always the argument that man city want him learning the winning habit. Playing when a team has a low block. 

Id argue that a year with a strong championship team would better prepare him for life at man city than a year getting pummeled at luton or sheffield u 

• Like 2

Just now, Lambert09 said:

but there’s always the argument that man city want him learning the winning habit. Playing when a team has a low block. 

Id argue that a year with a strong championship team would better prepare him for life at man city than a year getting pummeled at luton or sheffield u 

good point, a year in the championship and regular football would do him good, 

but all depends on what man city think,

48 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

When Mahrez boards the plane to Saudi does this not open more opportunities for Palmer to play?

Depends on what Man City do after. They've only splashed out on one signing so far so they'll have cash to play with if they want a replacement for Mahrez (should he go).

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

When Mahrez boards the plane to Saudi does this not open more opportunities for Palmer to play?

They've got 100s of millions available to them, they'll find someone, especially if Bernardo Silva leaves as well. 

Edited by LFox99

6 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

We'll more likely end up with Cole Porter...

Or Carlton Palmer (one for our older readers). Was he the worst player ever to play for England, or was that Razor Ruddock?

Edited by FoxFossil

I do worry that just because Man City has - at great expense - assembled probably the best senior team in the world, people assume it means that their academy will consistently produce solid gold talent.

This logic doesn’t follow. I’m not sure their pedigree of developing top talent is particularly exceptional.

It’s all well and good us being linked with the entire Man City U21 squad, but I’m not sure it’s the guarantee of quality people think it is.

6 hours ago, He's_Magic said:

But they also won't be dominating possession in the prem. They will have to play differently in the prem to how they played last season, Kompany alluded to this on the Overlap podcast. If Pep wants him to have a genuine experience to what it is like playing for Man City, albeit at a lower level, then maybe we are an option despite prem interest.

Solid point to be fair. 

They’ve had some good players come through the youth team at Manchester City since the takeover. 

Trippier

Lavia

Charles

Bazunu

Palmer

McAtee

Trafford

Garcia

Doyle

Foden

Sancho

Camcho

Nmecha

Diaz

Muric

Brooks

Angelino

Iheanacho

Gunn

Denayer

Suarez

Karius

Boyota

Mee

Sturridge

Weiss

Richards

3 hours ago, Saxondale said:

I do worry that just because Man City has - at great expense - assembled probably the best senior team in the world, people assume it means that their academy will consistently produce solid gold talent.

This logic doesn’t follow. I’m not sure their pedigree of developing top talent is particularly exceptional.

It’s all well and good us being linked with the entire Man City U21 squad, but I’m not sure it’s the guarantee of quality people think it is.

I get your point but Doyle looked decent last season in a decent Cov side and Palmer already doesn't look too out of place in Man Citys 1st team. 

5 hours ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I agree. But there’s many Premiership clubs that still do. 

I don’t watch much PL football on tv, but who are the ‘many’ sides that play like Burnley used to ? 
l don’t doubt your opinion, I’m just interested. 

6 hours ago, Saxondale said:

they have invested heavily in their development squad/ system and  are consistently producing top exciting talent. Arguably the top 4 players in the championship last year were all young Man City loanees..