Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cole Palmer

1 minute ago, teblin said:

He'd have known that we needed to move players on, the way he spoke on his interview with Radio Leicester last week, it sounded like there would movement this week. He said something like "we will be almost with the squad we will have for the season"

I hope so, because we need to start the season with at least the right attacking personnel. As soon as Barnes left I was hoping we would have signed at least two - three players of decent quality at this level to replace him.

4 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Starting off with Mavididi, 5 more will come in once we start seeing players leave. 

Think there's a FoxesTalk WhatsApp group floating about where they plan on throwing rocks at me if we don't sign that many, currently pencilled in for Hull at home on 2nd September :thumbup:

That is misdirection, you will never make it out of Burton alive....  :ph34r:

But seriously, the top line is both expected and most concerning, as we seem to suck ass at shipping out players

• Like 1

In all seriousness though this is what I've been saying for a few weeks. Just because we've been relegated it doesn't magically fix things. News flash, it makes them worse. 

Yes a few people have left but two of them were our two top scorers and whilst a bit of deadwood has gone we've definitely got a lot of shit still here the reality is the manager probably doesn't want. 

They gotta go if we want to buy. We were fvcked last year because we couldn't get them out the club and we're still fvcked now. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The Premier League will be favoured over the Championship, the legend club captain hall of famer will be favoured over the coach that did a year or two there and 50 minutes up the M66 will be favoured over a two hour commute to Leicester. 

If Burnley are offering these guys half decent game time we don't have a look in. 

Unless you are one of the 2 'ITK's' fight fight fight,  people are spaffing over or the 'YouTube clip'  player analyst expert,  who's word so many hang off your opinion on here is baseless and futile! 

I will buck the trend here though , very good points and a personal opinion that I value the input on 👍😉🤣

Any concrete news on anything btw? 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

In all seriousness though this is what I've been saying for a few weeks. Just because we've been relegated it doesn't magically fix things. News flash, it makes them worse. 

Yes a few people have left but two of them were our two top scorers and whilst a bit of deadwood has gone we've definitely got a lot of shit still here the reality is the manager probably doesn't want. 

They gotta go if we want to buy. We were fvcked last year because we couldn't get them out the club and we're still fvcked now. 

Personally think it'll be towards the end of the window where we see more players leave and on loan for the majority.

Interesting that Kristensen and Faes didn't feature yesterday, would be 2 I wanted to keep but have mentioned before I wouldn't be surprised to see them go.

Faes doesn't want to be here I was told.

Just now, Sambiasso said:

Personally think it'll be towards the end of the window where we see more players leave and on loan for the majority.

Interesting that Kristensen and Faes didn't feature yesterday, would be 2 I wanted to keep but have mentioned before I wouldn't be surprised to see them go.

Faes doesn't want to be here I was told.

But this is exactly what happens, we can't get rid of the ones we want to sell so we sell the half decent ones instead. 

I dont doubt Faes wants to play top flight football but he also came here with a reputation as a fantastic professional and I'm sure he'll crack on if he has to stay. He's had a bumpy start but he's still twice the player Vestergaard is. 

But because we've paid him 70k a week the cvnts won't fvck off so we'll be lumped with that static crane and be forced to get Faes off the books for a deal that'll make almost no financial gain if any. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Starting off with Mavididi, 5 more will come in once we start seeing players leave. 

Think there's a FoxesTalk WhatsApp group floating about where they plan on throwing rocks at me if we don't sign that many, currently pencilled in for Hull at home on 2nd September :thumbup:

I'm just joking (though seriously, we don't move that quick).

I quite like hearing of the potential players we're linked with, gives an insight into what the club are looking at, and at least we know they are active, even if they decided to put everything on hold for a silly trip to Asia, which will have no effect on the club in terms of generating interest :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

The Premier League will be favoured over the Championship, the legend club captain hall of famer will be favoured over the coach that did a year or two there and 50 minutes up the M66 will be favoured over a two hour commute to Leicester. 

If Burnley are offering these guys half decent game time we don't have a look in. 

That's potentially a fairly big 'if' though.

Also, I doubt Man City players live at the ground. They probably all live in Cheshire, so they're halfway to Leicester anyway.

Otherwise I agree.

Feels similar to last summer. We needed new signings but apparently needed to clear players out of the squad and couldn't shift any of them. Have we recieved any interest in any of our players? Are we asking for too much? Are their wages too high for any potential suitors? Or a combination.

Take a few transfer windows for us to get the stench of Rodgers and Congerton out of the club! 

Edited by jayfox26

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Feels similar to last summer. We needed new signings but apparently needed to clear players out of the squad and couldn't shift any of them. Have we recieved any interest in any of our players? Are we asking for too much? Are their wages too high for any potential suitors? Or a combination.

Take a few transfer windows for us to get the stench of Rodgers and Congerton out of the club! 

At some point, we're just going to have to bite the bullet to get their wages off our books. 

The fact we had so many players who didn't want to be at the club was a major factor in the club's failure last season, destabilising the squad. 

Most of those players have now left but we still have a small group that give the impression they want to be elsewhere. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

So I'm reading that as 4 more after Mavididi.

Last part of the sentence is the issue of concern though. Clearly the implication here is the  need to shift out some before more can come in. Our squad is currently terribly imbalanced, especially in midfield and lacks any real quality in terms of creativity. Our centre halves must also be among the slowest in the division. Lots to do in a very short space of time really.

We are well and truly in the mire if we cannot bring in more players and other players have to leave first.

Honestly, I cannot wait till Rudkin and Top leave us. We need new and fresh impetus to run the club.

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We are well and truly in the mire if we cannot bring in more players and other players have to leave first.

Honestly, I cannot wait till Rudkin and Top leave us. We need new and fresh impetus to run the club.

I don't think it matters who is running the club.

Nobody is going to pay us money for players like Faes and Ndidi. 

We'll probably have to loan them out and still pay some of their wages! Or (gulp) use them this season.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Happy Fox is just getting through his daily minimum quota of Top Out posts. Don't mind him. 

How many am I aloud out of interest :D 

I have nothing against Top , but he’s trusting the wrong people… and clearly this job is too big for him as shown in the past season or two.

Honestly I would love for us to have some competent people that understand football and can run a club in a successful way.

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We're trying, nobody wants them. 

People keep coming out with this "just pay them off / buyout their contracts!" stuff. Even my old man keeps saying it. 

That doesn't work in the real world. In fact, it's worse than keeping them at the club. Taking Vestergaard as an example, currently we're paying his contract off over multiple years. If we just buy out his contract, we're taking the entire hit now and have to find room in this seasons budget for his entire contract at a time when we're probably already on somewhat dubious ground for FFP. 

Not to mention that if there's even a 5% chance that a club comes in and takes him on loan, even only paying 20% of his wages, that's still better than just sacking him off. 

The only way it'd ever work is by mutual termination and there's zero incentive for him to agree to a severely reduced payout. 

Just basing it on what some informed posters have said here that our asking prices have been too high.

Appreciate in some cases like Vestergaard, they just won't leave. 

23 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

How many am I aloud out of interest :D 

I have nothing against Top , but he’s trusting the wrong people… and clearly this job is too big for him as shown in the past season or two.

Honestly I would love for us to have some competent people that understand football and can run a club in a successful way.

Probably one for the unpopular opinions thread but I actually like the fact that, as an employer, we recruit from within, value loyalty, have patience with our staff and give them time to learn and grow. In any other environment these are all things that would be applauded.

I do think that Rudkin's race should probably about be run really and absolutely we did put far too much faith in Rodgers. 

You can obviously take these things to an extreme and it's important that the club learns lessons from this. But I'd still much rather be us than, on the other end of the spectrum, say Watford. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

When you buying the club.

Do you think there is a big queue of people wanting in on a club that has lost 120m in the last two season? 

image.png.2e89a46275331484b1cd893a4ce6dacf.png

We've got the same 'problem' we had last season - 10 players currently in their final year. (This image is from another comment I made. Orange = club would sell/player could want to leave)

People act as if it's easy to sell players. You can't make other clubs submit bids. Buyer has to make a bid they're happy with. Seller has to be happy with the bid. Player has to be happy with the buying club. Player has to be happy with new wages. 

Has the club perhaps been unrealistic with it's valuations of fringe players? Yes. 

But is this process simple? No. 

If the club wants to sell a player like Vestergaard, but only receives bids that are far below the cost to replace him, then why would they sell? 

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

We've got the same 'problem' we had last season - 10 players currently in their final year. (This image is from another comment I made. Orange = club would sell/player could want to leave)

People act as if it's easy to sell players. You can't make other clubs submit bids. Buyer has to make a bid they're happy with. Seller has to be happy with the bid. Player has to be happy with the buying club. Player has to be happy with new wages. 

Has the club perhaps been unrealistic with it's valuations of fringe players? Yes. 

If the club wants to sell a player like Vestergaard, but only receives bids that are far below the cost to replace him, then why would they sell? 

Because the wage turnover is such that his leaving essentially pays for itself in ffp benefits

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

You're right but the annoyance about Vestergaard is we actually did accept some offers for him but he rejected them. We faffed around on Soumare and Praet we've sadly not managed to coerce Torino in to better bids than £6m but I think our valuations might have to change a little or we face the same issues.