Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cole Palmer

Just now, KFS said:

Because the wage turnover is such that his leaving essentially pays for itself in ffp benefits

But you assume we can exit his entire wage turnover during a sale, this is highly unlikely. We would like being paying a percentage of his wage to the buying club

For some of the crap we are surely approaching the “just shift them for whatever is offered territory”. The stench of the likes of Praet/Soumare etc hanging around has already done us over, just cut out loses ffs.

If this was FM I’d have been lowering the offered to clubs amount to the point where I’d accept anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

image.png.2e89a46275331484b1cd893a4ce6dacf.png

We've got the same 'problem' we had last season - 10 players currently in their final year. (This image is from another comment I made. Orange = club would sell/player could want to leave)

People act as if it's easy to sell players. You can't make other clubs submit bids. Buyer has to make a bid they're happy with. Seller has to be happy with the bid. Player has to be happy with the buying club. Player has to be happy with new wages. 

Has the club perhaps been unrealistic with it's valuations of fringe players? Yes. 

But is this process simple? No. 

If the club wants to sell a player like Vestergaard, but only receives bids that are far below the cost to replace him, then why would they sell? 

So many players who aren't very good and don't really want to be here - Always a lovely combination.

As you say, the exact same problem we had last year and haven't been able to rectify.

Feel a bit bad for Enzo really - He will be the first casualty of this, almost to no fault of his own...

2 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Personally think it'll be towards the end of the window where we see more players leave and on loan for the majority.

Interesting that Kristensen and Faes didn't feature yesterday, would be 2 I wanted to keep but have mentioned before I wouldn't be surprised to see them go.

Faes doesn't want to be here I was told.

Wasn't there a story about faes and his missis crying with joy in the car when we came in for him? 

Just now, splinterdream said:

Wasn't there a story about faes and his missis crying with joy in the car when we came in for him? 

He's spent too long with other lads that think they are bigger and better than the club and has been infected with that same mentality.

3 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

So many players who aren't very good and don't really want to be here - Always a lovely combination.

As you say, the exact same problem we had last year and haven't been able to rectify.

Feel a bit bad for Enzo really - He will be the first casualty of this, almost to no fault of his own...

Bet he's laughing. He's been given one of the biggest jobs in English football outside of the PL, big transfer budget and a club that is supposedly expecting to get promotion at first time of asking - all while he's got basically no managerial experience - it's quite the job promotion!

• Like 2

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

Bet he's laughing. He's been given one of the biggest jobs in English football outside of the PL, big transfer budget and a club that is supposedly expecting to get promotion at first time of asking - all while he's got basically no managerial experience - it's quite the job promotion!

Didn't look to be laughing much to me. Looked a bit down and tired, as the full scale of the BR/Rudkin disaster dawns on him.

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

I know what you mean but;

If he lasts a similar amount of games here as he did in his Parma spell, his CV is going to be pretty shagged already.

If he has big aspirations in football management, it'll be a bit of a blow you'd think.

I would love to be sacked from a big club management gig though - Financial dream! lol

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

For some of the crap we are surely approaching the “just shift them for whatever is offered territory”. The stench of the likes of Praet/Soumare etc hanging around has already done us over, just cut out loses ffs.

If this was FM I’d have been lowering the offered to clubs amount to the point where I’d accept anything.

But this is the real world not FM, in the real world businesses have to make tough economic decisions, if we are being offered 25-50% of the market valuation of a player should we just cave in and accept it just to get rid. Whilst I agree some of our valuations are perhaps a little ambitious, on the other side of the coin, if we literally accepted a pittance for our players to get shut, many would use that as further opportunity to criticise the heirarchy. To a point they are pretty much damned if they do and damned if they don’t. 

3 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Interesting that Kristensen and Faes didn't feature yesterday, would be 2 I wanted to keep but have mentioned before I wouldn't be surprised to see them go.

...both players seems not to have bonded with the rest if the team!!!

Kristiansen seems to have had a torrid time with players he is playing with, especially the ones down the left side of the pitch, and as for Faes, I have never seen someone's personality turn so quickly.

He came in and was dynamic and  everywhere, leading and backing up Amartey and showing effective leadership in defence. Within a few months, he was playing second fiddle to Amartey and had become a liability. 

Faes wanting to leave is no surprise,  I just wonder what happened in the dressing room for him to have changed so much.

4 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Personally think it'll be towards the end of the window where we see more players leave and on loan for the majority.

Personally felt you could see this from his body language in the Northampton game, looked completely uninterested.

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The Premier League will be favoured over the Championship, the legend club captain hall of famer will be favoured over the coach that did a year or two there and 50 minutes up the M66 will be favoured over a two hour commute to Leicester. 

If Burnley are offering these guys half decent game time we don't have a look in. 

Was thinking the same thing. If Burnley are signing a few wingers though I would be looking at what wingers are available from last years squad. 

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

But this is the real world not FM, in the real world businesses have to make tough economic decisions, if we are being offered 25-50% of the market valuation of a player should we just cave in and accept it just to get rid. Whilst I agree some of our valuations are perhaps a little ambitious, on the other side of the coin, if we literally accepted a pittance for our players to get shut, many would use that as further opportunity to criticise the heirarchy. To a point they are pretty much damned if they do and damned if they don’t. 

The FM comment was tongue in cheek, im not expecting us to offer Danny Ward out on a free and keep rowing with him until he never returns, but **** we have been haggling over about a million for Dennis Praet for 2 summers and it’s crippling us.

By the team players like him leave and we can make signings, parachute payments will be done and then it’s a very bleak short/medium term future for this football club. Just cut out losses and move on.

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I heard VK and Thomas don't get on, I don't understand those not rating VK, I thought he was excellent, still had some stuff to learn, but then again so does Thomas and they're both young. VK was the first to come out and say he wanted to stay, so I wonder what gone wrong 

...VK appears brash and outspoken!!!

In a dressing room of larger personalities that could be seen as confrontational, he seems to have ruffled a few feathers, as he also had on pitch moments with Barnes. 

4 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Surely the job of a coach is to make players better. He only has to make 3-5 of the squad individually better for us to stand a chance of competing.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...both players seems not to have bonded with the rest if the team!!!

Kristiansen seems to have had a torrid time with players he is playing with, especially the ones down the left side of the pitch, and as for Faes, I have never seen someone's personality turn so quickly.

He came in and was dynamic and  everywhere, leading and backing up Amartey and showing effective leadership in defence. Within a few months, he was playing second fiddle to Amartey and had become a liability. 

Faes wanting to leave is no surprise,  I just wonder what happened in the dressing room for him to have changed so much.

He scored two own goals on his debut lol