Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cole Palmer

If Palmer did sign for us(not implying he is before anyone jumps to conclusions) and didn't perform to expectations, would it damage his prospects at Man City moving forward? 

Think it's safer for him to go to a premier league club where he won't be expected to smash it. 

Just now, Sambiasso said:

If Palmer did sign for us(not implying he is before anyone jumps to conclusions) and didn't perform to expectations, would it damage his prospects at Man City moving forward? 

Think it's safer for him to go to a premier league club where he won't be expected to smash it. 

I agree with you.

If I’m Palmer, I’m wanting reassurances on other recruitment before I agree to join. 

I’d also be talking with Doyle and Maresca to get their actually opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

I definitely get this argument, it's valid BUT thong a little more optimistically, I think it would be easier to smash it here than it would be at a Prem club which would help his case for a Man City place more...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

If he's reasonable he would look at Mcatee who seems to have overtaken him in the standings at Man City and would want to follow a similar trajectory. Sadly most footballers dont think that logically.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

I think he's done either way tbh.

Man City will hope wherever he goes they can sell him.

20 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think he's done either way tbh.

Man City will hope wherever he goes they can sell him.

This! He looks like a decent prospect but you’ve got to be Foden levels of talented to make the grade at Man City… I imagine they’ll just be waiting until they’ve brought in a Mahrez replacement before they farm him out on loan before cashing in on him next summer

39 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

If they, or he, is worried about not performing in the championship. He probably won't make it regardless. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

image.png.8e496d2baa1b40317414e86998632002.png

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We're trying, nobody wants them. 

People keep coming out with this "just pay them off / buyout their contracts!" stuff. Even my old man keeps saying it. 

That doesn't work in the real world. In fact, it's worse than keeping them at the club. Taking Vestergaard as an example, currently we're paying his contract off over multiple years. If we just buy out his contract, we're taking the entire hit now and have to find room in this seasons budget for his entire contract at a time when we're probably already on somewhat dubious ground for FFP. 

Not to mention that if there's even a 5% chance that a club comes in and takes him on loan, even only paying 20% of his wages, that's still better than just sacking him off. 

The only way it'd ever work is by mutual termination and there's zero incentive for him to agree to a severely reduced payout. 

I don't think (at least i hope not) that it's a case of 'nobody wanting them' - but rather down to money.  We know the club play hard ball and try to get as much as possible, so no smart club will be in a hurry, they'll prefer to leave it til the last minute in the hope that we'll be prepared to accept offers.  Certainly, that's what @Sambiasso hinted at, timewise-

4 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Surely there’s going to be more incoming from Man City than just Doyle, though?

The positives for loans from Man City are:

- Man City know that if they loan us players, they will get game time (if in positions which we have to fill I.e. attacking mid & rhs attack)

- Man City know and trust Maresca to coach them in the Man City patterns of play

- Man City will know of our excellent facilities 

it bodes well

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Man City will know of our excellent facilities 

Well if they've had a look on FT they'll have learned that Seagrave is a vanity project and a total waste of time, and that our entire club is a hopeless basket case from top to bottom, staffed entirely by clueless morons, so...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Well if they've had a look on FT they'll have learned that Seagrave is a vanity project and a total waste of time, and that our entire club is a hopeless basket case from top to bottom, staffed entirely by clueless morons, so...

Yeah, I’m sure Pep and his staff often frequent the pages of FT to view the irrelevant opinions of us foxes faithful.

1 hour ago, Phil Bowman said:

There is that..

10 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

image.png.2e89a46275331484b1cd893a4ce6dacf.png

We've got the same 'problem' we had last season - 10 players currently in their final year. (This image is from another comment I made. Orange = club would sell/player could want to leave)

People act as if it's easy to sell players. You can't make other clubs submit bids. Buyer has to make a bid they're happy with. Seller has to be happy with the bid. Player has to be happy with the buying club. Player has to be happy with new wages. 

Has the club perhaps been unrealistic with it's valuations of fringe players? Yes. 

But is this process simple? No. 

If the club wants to sell a player like Vestergaard, but only receives bids that are far below the cost to replace him, then why would they sell? 

Do Praet and Vestergaard need replacing?

For the half arsed effort that especially Praet will put in, i'd just take what happened last season as a given with most of them and cut our losses. 

Yet again though some bizarre decisions are happening and i'm worried as ****

2 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

It’s great to read that things are picking up after the last couple of seasons 👍

• Haha 1