Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Cole Palmer

It depends what Man City want from the loan in terms of development for him, a season of playing for a team at the top end of championship and mos likely to play a style very similar to how they play, or whether they want him to play in the premier league but albeit in a team that will struggle to dominate possession and most likely be in and around the relegation battle. 

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Not if we're in "the chase" with a Premier League side. I mean, if Burnley are also after him then it's a non-starter.

I Doubt he will come to us as I’m sure another prem team will go in for him,  but there’s a lot more that goes into a loan… like style of football, will the club be in a relegation battle and will they guarantee to play him regularly 

Realistically, I can't see it at all. But what a signing if he did. 

I suppose the question for Man City is, which club would be best for his development. I personally think he can play premier league, crystal Palace etc type of team. 

If we do by some miracle get him...oh my days!

Edited by fox_favourite

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Can we get excited? 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/burnley-and-leicester-city-hold-strong-interest-in-man-city-attacker/

Burnley and Leicester City are leading the chase for the Man City attacker.

Not only do Manchester City possess a first-team that is unrivalled in world football but they also have an academy full of exciting talent and are continuing to produce stars of the game. 

Footballleagueworld video of the day

Of course, the Premier League champions will be looking to continue strengthening and improving the squad, whilst they will be looking at loan destinations for some of their rising talents, in order to continue individual development.

Seeing lots of their players shine last season whilst on temporary spells, in the likes of James Trafford, Taylor Harwood-Bellis, Tommy Doyle and James McAtee, amongst others, it remains to be seen which youngsters are tasked with gaining EFL experience this time around. 

Which Man City player are Burnley and Leicester City leading the chase for? 

According to a Patreon report from journalist Alan Nixon, Man City winger Cole Palmer, who has decent exposure to the Premier League, is the player that is being considered by Burnley and Leicester City, with it being that pair who have the best chance of landing the 21-year-old.

Palmer played an important role during England U21s Eruopean Championship-winning campaign and is a very exciting prospect who will have extremely high personal ambitions. 

Of course, Burnley are led by former Man City centre-back Vincent Kompany, whilst the new Leicester boss is Enzo Maresca, a coach who thrived under Pep Guardiola's leadership, making this race to sign Palmer rather interesting. 

Kompany is a huge admirer of Palmer but it has been detailed in the report that assurances would have to be made to ensure that Palmer gets significant game time at Turf Moor and it remains to be seen if that would be possible when considering the talent out wide that the Clarets already possess. 

The report has also labelled a stumbling block in Leicester's push for Palmer, in that City believe he will be 'too good' for the Championship, although the possibility of moving to the second tier has not been completely ruled out.

Palmer has been given some time off after his time with England's U21s earlier in the month and will soon return to discuss what the next best move will be with next season in mind. 

What else is going on at Leicester City during this summer transfer window?

Like the other two relegated teams, Leicester face a real battle to keep hold of some of their star performers, with James Maddison already heading for pastures new at Tottenham Hotspur, whilst Caglar Soyuncu and Youri Tielemans have also left the club. 

Harvey Barnes could be the next player to follow the aforementioned departed trio, with an exclusive write-up from transfer guru Fabrizio Romano suggesting that the winger is closing in on a move to Newcastle United.

In a bid to strengthen their midfield for the upcoming campaign, a report from The Telegraph has revealed that the Foxes are working on a move that would see exciting Chelsea starlet Cesare Casadei arrive at the King Power Stadium on loan, with the 20-year-old impressing with Italy's U21s earlier in the summer.

I can see this happening for us. It’s a loan deal and he will play pretty much every game for us which will be ideal for Man City, anywhere else he’ll likely just be part of the squad.

As much as I’d love him, I don’t know why he’d pick us over Burnley for a 1 year loan. The Premier League is where you want to play and Kompany will be trusted to manage him. 

Hoping though that Burnley sign Tella, that opens the door for us. He’s too good for the Championship. I love his arrogance on the pitch, it reminds me of Maddison when he was at it. 

Edited by Levi Port

Man City have sent us Doyle.

Seagrave is one of the best facilities in the world. 

That has to be considered. 

Hopefully we’re in this league for one season only and we’re not being talked about as losing players to Luton, Burnley and Forest! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Plastik Man said:

We'll more likely end up with Cole Porter...

31 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Or the two Carlton’s - Cole and Palmer

Cole Palmer -> Cole Porter -> Carlton Cole & Carlton Palmer -> Old King Cole, Arnold Palmer and a kitchen porter from the Carlton Club

Edited by Alf Bentley

To be fair we were being told there was no chance of us getting Casadei with interest from the prem/Italy in him… I get Palmer is slightly different having notched up quite a few appearances for the first team but I still wouldn’t say the us or Burnley debate is quite as cut and dry as folk make out

Lads due a premier league loan. A year under Kompany should get him enough experience to be more involved the year after at Man city or increase his sell on value next summer. Don't think we have a hope to be honest 

41 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Ta - so him & Casedei forward of Winks & Ricardo? Two or three wingers still needed then!

Can also be used on the wing

Played on the right for England Under 21s in the Euros recently, whilst he also mostly played off the left in the Prem for Man City last season

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

He would be better off with us than a team down the bottom of the premier league.

hopefully the likes of Brighton have other ideas and we can pick him up 

No chance Brighton go for him, he's not from Venezuela 

8 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I imagine a key factor for Man City is ensuring any interested club holds a similar footballing philosophy. No use in sending him to a Premiership club who will constantly  hoof the ball up to him with the hope of him flicking it on  or holding it up. 

Burnley no longer play Dyche type football. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1