Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Amad Diallo

• 2 weeks later...

Knew he was on his way to us so got injured to save us all the trouble of getting him and then losing him through injury.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Shame -  As Bertrand´s bed will be freed up, once Coady has recovered from his foot transplant.

a foot transplant?  Nailed on that was recommended by our club Dr..

• 4 months later...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-leicester-city-and-sunderland-ready-moves-for-man-united-star-diallo/

By Pete O'Rourke, Transfer Correspondent

12th Dec, 2023 | 1:00pm
Sources: Leicester City and Sunderland ready moves for Man United star Diallo

Leicester City and Sunderland are ready to take Man United winger Amad Diallo on loan for the second half of the 2023-24 campaign, sources have told Football Insider.

Football Insider revealed on Monday (11 December) that Erik ten Hag is keen to take a look at Diallo in action for his side in the coming weeks after he returned from a serious knee injury.

But it is believed that if he cannot make an impression before the end of January, Man United will sanction another loan exit for the Ivory Coast international.

Leicester
Championship leaders Leicester and sixth-place Sunderland are ready to swoop for the 21-year-old if he is made available next month.

It is believed Premier League sides as well as clubs in Europe are also monitoring his situation ahead of a potential battle for his signature.

Diallo notched 14 goals and four assists in 43 appearances across all competitions on loan at the Stadium of Light last season.

He helped Sunderland reach the semi-finals of the playoffs, where Luton beat them across two legs.

Diallo has only just returned to senior training at United after suffering a serious knee injury in pre-season.

He has played nine times for United’s first team since signing from Atalanta in 2021, notching one goal and one assist.

The winger’s contract at Old Trafford is set to expire in June 2025 – but United have the option to extend it by a further year.

Leicester
Leicester are keen to add attacking reinforcements to Enzo Maresca’s side despite them sitting eight points clear of Leeds in third place.

Sunderland want to bring Diallo back to the club in January as they eye another push for promotion in the remainder of this season.

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Am I right in saying that he can play centrally too?

image.png.31a0d398bd209b2ee40b373b766483cb.png

In fairness, 9 of those CF games were playing for Atalanta's U17s.

He's played seven senior games as a central striker, once for United in a Europa League game and 6 times for Sunderland (once in the FA Cup) scoring 1 goal in total.

• 4 weeks later...

We were after him in the summer, but his injury scuppered any move to either us or Sunderland.

His best foot is his left, but he's not too bad with his right either, so in theory could provide competition for both sides. The player we signed instead of Diallo worked out massively in Fatawu, but for the Premier League we need competition for both Fatawu and Mavididi. Yunus seems better as CAM, McAteer might end up being loaned again to the Championship next season.

It's an easy yes from me, he's a great player. Might have even more potential than Fatawu!

• Like 2

I expect wherever he goes he is going to be wanting to start most games which unfortunately he isn’t going to get for us as a winger

If we get him with the idea of trying him in the middle, like what we have basically done with Yunus, I would just rather go for an actual central player

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I expect wherever he goes he is going to be wanting to start most games which unfortunately he isn’t going to get for us as a winger

If we get him with the idea of trying him in the middle, like what we have basically done with Yunus, I would just rather go for an actual central player

I think Diallo would start, even over Fatawu. He's seriously good!

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Would be quite harsh to do to Fatawu after how well he has been doing recently and giving up AFCON to stay!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

If he scored the amount of goals he got at Sunderland last season then I suspect you'd be right. I almost wouldn't want Fatawu's progress stunted here by a player that is likely to outshine him, however stupid that sounds. I've no doubt Abdul is going right to the top and like when we had Mahrez and then Barnes, you almost don't want any other serious option to get in their way.

Would love to know if the club rate Fatawu's output ad highly ad the fans have so far, maybe they think he should be doing better already.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If he scored the amount of goals he got at Sunderland last season then I suspect you'd be right. I almost wouldn't want Fatawu's progress stunted here by a player that is likely to outshine him, however stupid that sounds. I've no doubt Abdul is going right to the top and like when we had Mahrez and then Barnes, you almost don't want any other serious option to get in their way.

Would love to know if the club rate Fatawu's output ad highly ad the fans have so far, maybe they think he should be doing better already.

Maresca wants 2 players for every position. By the start of next season we will have 2 sets of high quality wingers for each side!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

In terms of output Fatawu isnt even that far off, he has 2 goals 7 assists in 1400 minutes, Amad had 14 goals 3 assists in 2750 minutes.

It's not like Fatawu cant score goals either, it's just his finishing is 5% off, i think he could easily start scoring goals regularly like Amad did whilst also being more creative.

Also if you value rating websites like sofascore or whoscored then Fatawu is having the better season than Amad did last year.

• Like 3