Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Amad Diallo

Wouldn't surprise me if Man U sold him.

They have a massive rebuild to do under Jim Ratcliffe, there squad is unbalanced and has a lot of dead would.

This season they cashed in on Elanga and Henderson, both academy products. 

The season before Garner and Chong.

Big clubs sell academy products because they are great for the balance sheet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If he scored the amount of goals he got at Sunderland last season then I suspect you'd be right. I almost wouldn't want Fatawu's progress stunted here by a player that is likely to outshine him, however stupid that sounds. I've no doubt Abdul is going right to the top and like when we had Mahrez and then Barnes, you almost don't want any other serious option to get in their way.

Would love to know if the club rate Fatawu's output ad highly ad the fans have so far, maybe they think he should be doing better already.

Diallo can play in the middle as well as up front.

When Fatawu needs a rest we're looking towards a seemingly injury prone McAteer, Wanya or Albrighton.

Can't see it hurting to get some competition.

• Like 3

I could see him playing in a central position. I think that’s the area we want to look at. I imagine Diallo is number one target, Manhoef 2nd and Carvalho on loan 3rd. 

We need a versatile forward, which appears to be what we’re looking at. After Fatawu and Mavididi were actually struggling. Albrighton will do a job of sorts if needed, Akgun I think is a bit hit and miss, and McAteer seems injury prone. 

Could you imagine a forward line with Mavadidi, KDH, Fatawu and one from the three mentioned? 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

Would love for this one to happen, ideally, a loan with an option to buy.

We were quite clearly after 2 left footed wingers in the summer, hence both Fatawu and Akgün coming in on loan. With Akgün seemingly more suited centrally, a further wide option that would allow us to rotate and provide injury cover makes sense. 

If we could secure a loan with an option to buy we'd be set up with a very promising set of wingers going in to the PL next year, we're going to lose Albrighton at the end of the season which would leave us with just Mavididi, Fatawu, McAteer and Marcal as wide options going in to next year, and whilst both Marcal and McAteer had some nice moments early in the season, they are still massively unproven and this guy looked several levels above in the Championship last year.

• Like 1

There’s talk that he could be available on a permanent. Now that they are out of the champions league and the carabao cup apparently ETH isn’t worried about anymore fixture congestion and has sanctioned the exit of players. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

There’s talk that he could be available on a permanent. Now that they are out of the champions league and the carabao cup apparently ETH isn’t worried about anymore fixture congestion and has sanctioned the exit of players. 

Best we could hope for would be a loan with a summer obligation surely ? We don't have anything in the kitty do we?

• Like 1

On 04/01/2024 at 10:44, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

I'm sure he's a good player, but unless we have a permanent option I'd have no desire to reduce our players' minutes to help improve a Manchester United player.

People do realise we benefit from having quality players on loan right?

Every single time we’re linked with a loan player I’m constantly hearing ‘don’t want to develop other teams players’ like we’re a charity case and getting nothing in return.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Best we could hope for would be a loan with a summer obligation surely ? We don't have anything in the kitty do we?

it’s the best we can hope for but unlikely in this scenario. 

Obligations only happen when a club is desperate to get someone off the books. Man u will have plenty of interest in him so there would be no motivation to let us try before we buy. We’d have to commit on this one 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

it’s the best we can hope for but unlikely in this scenario. 

Obligations only happen when a club is desperate to get someone off the books. Man u will have plenty of interest in him so there would be no motivation to let us try before we buy. We’d have to commit on this one 

I'm not so sure, I don't think he'd be getting much interest from clubs above us in the pecking order and the player has to want the move as well. So relegation fighting sides probably aren't all that attractive. He's also coming in off the back of half a season laid up through injury, which could make prospective buyers skeptical. He's not moving to one of the bigger clubs, he won't want to be in danger of relegation (though if it's a loan, maybe not bothered) and a lot of the middle pack are well stocked there (West Ham/Bowen, Palace/Olise etc). Could get a loan abroad. Bigger risk though.

Also, he's just publicly shut down a site saying he's going to a Championship club on loan.

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I don't think he will be going out on loan anywhere this season. My feeling is that he is going to get a chance to play at United.

If that was the case surely he would have been in their squad last night?

34 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He was out with illness last night. He also seems pretty certain he won't be leaving Man Utd this January, judging from his social media activity. 

• Like 1

We don’t need any players right now, unless they are premier league signings. We should focus on getting rid of the surplus keepers, which has already started and working with the highly talented group we have. If we can raise cash from Soumare to sign Doyle or Fatawu, that would be ideal

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, David Hiorns said:

We don’t need any players right now, unless they are premier league signings. We should focus on getting rid of the surplus keepers, which has already started and working with the highly talented group we have. If we can raise cash from Soumare to sign Doyle or Fatawu, that would be ideal

Tend to agree. Any signings this month would be overkill imo unless we're confident they'd make the step up to the Premier league 

28 minutes ago, David Hiorns said:

I'd sign up Fatawu in a heartbeat but I'm not yet sold on Doyle. Great on the ball but his positioning isn't brilliant and teams tend to target his side.

I'd wait until summer and see how he is until end of season before trying to  make it permanent 

1 hour ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

I'd sign up Fatawu in a heartbeat but I'm not yet sold on Doyle. Great on the ball but his positioning isn't brilliant and teams tend to target his side.

I'd wait until summer and see how he is until end of season before trying to  make it permanent 

Fatawu is a no-brainer.

You're not wrong on Doyle, but he's still only 20 and learning his trade. Given that most of his appearances for us were in a side which was still very new to this system with everyone struggling at times, I'm optimistic he'll start to look a lot more comfortable in this system as many others have done. Besides, we'll need some consistency going into next season and I'm not convinced we'll be seeing much of Coady or Vestergaard in the prem which leaves us quite light at the back. If there are better options available then great, but otherwise Doyle certainly wouldn't be a bad pickup in the summer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Apparently according to MUFC he was out due to illness  !!

2 hours ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

By the time he picked up his injury earlier this season I was already sold on him. He's got all the potential to improve on positioning, he's still learning and is only 20 years old. If we don't get him this summer he will go on to play at a high level I'm convinced.

17 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

People do realise we benefit from having quality players on loan right?

Every single time we’re linked with a loan player I’m constantly hearing ‘don’t want to develop other teams players’ like we’re a charity case and getting nothing in return.

Potentially, but but we're doing very well with the current players! So well that young wingers like McAteer, Marcal and Maswanhise are already struggling to get minutes they'd really benefit from.

I'd also like to avoid an even bigger turnover of players this summer. We've already got 4 in on loan and about 8 out of contract in the summer. Another summer rebuild would be tricky - especially if it's for the Prem (fingers crossed!).

I'd like to see all efforts put into a no8 on a permanent deal. Barring that, unless there are exits I don't think we need to bring players in during this window.

• Like 1