Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Iversen/Ward

15 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

This is such terrible logic. 

Every team in the league would be fine with Ward not playing. In fact, on your logic,  you or me would be fine as a number 2. The problem is if we inadvertently ended up as number 1.

What do you suggest we do, spend good money on a new No2?

Ward will probably be behind Iversen anyway but if we can sell Iversen we may as well utilise Ward as a reasonable No2 for a Championship club. Stolarczyk seems to be one of those that people overrate him because they haven't seen him play and he would be much better off on loan than staying here not getting games.

What do people want us to do with Ward, we probably won't get a buyer so we're stuck with him?

2 minutes ago, Viva said:

Ward is good enough for a Championship No.2. Iversen can't kick the ball and we would get some  money for him, so would be fine with that. 

Iverson can kick it into the crowd, seems really good at it to be fair

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

This is such terrible logic. 

Every team in the league would be fine with Ward not playing. In fact, on your logic,  you or me would be fine as a number 2. The problem is if we inadvertently ended up as number 1.

Let's not pretend Danny Ward is no better than you or I, he's still had nearly 130 games at international, SPL, PL and Championship level.

I don't rate him at all but to say he's not capable of being a Championship No2 GK is absurd, what other Championship clubs have a GK No2 clearly with a better pedigree as Ward? He's not my ideal No2 by a long chalk but if it came to having Ward as No2 or spending £2-3m on a No2 I'll keep my money and Ward. He did play for Huddersfield in the Championship as a No1 and helped get them promoted.

Ward - Can’t catch or parry a football. His positioning is terrible. Looks like we’ve just dragged an outfield player to play in sticks as we’ve used all of our subs. At times may actually look like he’s allergic to a football, as he does his best to get out of its way.

Iversen - component at catching and producing saves. Must have grown up egg chasing though, as loves to kick it out of touch. 

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Let's not pretend Danny Ward is no better than you or I, he's still had nearly 130 games at international, SPL, PL and Championship level.

I don't rate him at all but to say he's not capable of being a Championship No2 GK is absurd, what other Championship clubs have a GK No2 clearly with a better pedigree as Ward? He's not my ideal No2 by a long chalk but if it came to having Ward as No2 or spending £2-3m on a No2 I'll keep my money and Ward. He did play for Huddersfield in the Championship as a No1 and helped get them promoted.

Ward is the worst keeper I've even seen at this level, there's just no way he should be our no2. I genuinely think he's below league two level.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Who do you suggest, Stolarczyk who couldn't get a game for Fleetwood last season?

What level do you think Danny Ward is if he's not good enough to be a No2 for a Championship team?

Maybe a struggling League One team’s No2.  At a push.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Does 'mutual termination' still exist as a thing in football? Can we do it with Ward? 

It wouldn’t happen, he’s too happy to sit on the bench or stand and pick up a decent wage. No championship or lower league club would match his wage and no Premier league team will pay his wages after watching last seasons disaster. Think we’re stuck with him unfortunately 

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Does 'mutual termination' still exist as a thing in football? Can we do it with Ward? 

I'm guessing you mean we pay up his contract, rather than a suicide pact?

We could pay up his remaining two years tomorrow (which is what I'd do) and release his registration. Sometimes in life you just gotta accept a mistake and pay. 

I actually feel sorry for him a bit. I know we can all say he's a millionaire which will soften the blow, but I don't think anyone takes any joy from being so poor at their job. He isn't fit to be a pro, let alone a millionaire playing elite level sport. The lad must have horrific imposter syndrome

52 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Iversen kicked the ball out that many times, I’m surprised he hasn’t been investigated in a betting scam. 
Do they still do those bets?

not when Iversen's playing they don't

7 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Do have concerns about Stolarczyk should he be needed for a long run during the season.

I think the general standard of goal keeping in the EFL (based purely on watching the highlights show) is pretty mediocre, so he wouldn't be alone, i mean, let's not forget, Iversen was a god at this level!

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Posts like this are hilarious, you go and write off a player you’ve never seen live before. lol 

4 hours ago, Fansincethe80s said:

We signed a Goalkeeper with Champions League experience and has been called up for his country! What more do you want! 

I was referring to Iversen / Ward / Stolarczyk as a number 2, not Harmensen! He’ll clearly be number 1. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

Ward is the worst keeper I've even seen at this level, there's just no way he should be our no2. I genuinely think he's below league two level.

This is a massive overreaction. I want him gone as much as anyone, his performances for us last season were beyond awful and sometimes you can see that it will never recover for a player at a particular club due to how much water has passed under the bridge and how the fans perceive them. So yes he needs to go and not play for us again not even at no2.

But of course he’d do fine at EFL level in a new environment. He’s proven that before at Huddersfield. His problem has been the willingness to sit on his ass on the bench for too long. Again, not necessarily even top end Championship but if he actually wanted to play (doubtful) and was willing to be paid less (more doubtful), lower Championship/League 1 is probably his level.

10 hours ago, Viva said:

Ward is good enough for a Championship No.2. Iversen can't kick the ball and we would get some  money for him, so would be fine with that. 

You say that, but what if there is a injury to Hermansen, who by the way, we still haven't seen play, and may also be shite, and need to be replaced at some point. 

Hopefully not, but we just don't know yet.

Ward is not good enough at any level in my opinion, and any length time he is playing in our first team, would put the kybosh on any chance of promotion.

He really is that bad!!

Even if we can't get rid of him, I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team squad, I'd rather have Smithies as number 2 keeper, if Iversen leaves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

This is a massive overreaction. I want him gone as much as anyone, his performances for us last season were beyond awful and sometimes you can see that it will never recover for a player at a particular club due to how much water has passed under the bridge and how the fans perceive them. So yes he needs to go and not play for us again not even at no2.

But of course he’d do fine at EFL level in a new environment. He’s proven that before at Huddersfield. His problem has been the willingness to sit on his ass on the bench for too long. Again, not necessarily even top end Championship but if he actually wanted to play (doubtful) and was willing to be paid less (more doubtful), lower Championship/League 1 is probably his level.

It was also the first time a team gained promotion with a negative goal score - coincidence?

You have to hope that our new keeper is better than both of them.

Iverson won’t want to sit on the bench, he’ll want to develop - I don’t see how he stays at the club as surely he doesn’t want to be a #2.  I can see Ward running down his contract, hopefully his PL wage reduction was significant!