Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Iversen/Ward

Don’t really care if we sell Ward or not but would rather keep Iversen. He was our best player in a few matches during his run in the team (i.e. vs Everton) and was great while out on loan. Think it’s harsh on him to not at least give him a chance. £5m is sod all. 

19 minutes ago, adam said:

I think we should definitely keep hold of iverson just incase this new guy turns out to be the next danny ward.

well in one pre season game hes already shown hes better than Ward, just from that one headed save, ward would have not got near it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We have a major problem that I don't now see where Iversen ends up for £4-5m. Ward is a lost cause, got to hope we can at least get him away on loan.

I'm terrified of Ward being the back up keeper. Hopefully some club will take him on loan but I'm assuming we will have pick up part of his wages.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Iversen go abroad or possibly end up being signed as a low risk back up upgrade by a mid- lower prem team. If Raya leaves Brentford I could see him joining Brentford and being a very capable back up keeper who plays 15 or so games a season in cups etc. At around £5m I think a few clubs would view that as tidy business to secure a more than competent keeper. 

As for Ward I think the best we can hope for is a loan or we make him available on a free with a club prepared to cover his wages. I would assume from FFP purposes given his time at the club, that we would have amortised his fee by now, so if we did get any kind of fee now matter how small would show as profit.

Also I would assume same with Iversen any fee generated would show as pure profit. 

31 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Iversen go abroad or possibly end up being signed as a low risk back up upgrade by a mid- lower prem team. If Raya leaves Brentford I could see him joining Brentford and being a very capable back up keeper who plays 15 or so games a season in cups etc. At around £5m I think a few clubs would view that as tidy business to secure a more than competent keeper. 

As for Ward I think the best we can hope for is a loan or we make him available on a free with a club prepared to cover his wages. I would assume from FFP purposes given his time at the club, that we would have amortised his fee by now, so if we did get any kind of fee now matter how small would show as profit.

Also I would assume same with Iversen any fee generated would show as pure profit. 

I don't think anybody abroad pays £5mil. This is the problem you have with the PL having this much more money than every other league is that £5mil is quite a chunk for lots of clubs on the continent to pay. It's another reason we really need to lower some of our asking prices although I can forgive this one maybe a touch more than some of the others (£20mil for Ndidi FFS)

• Like 1

The first requirement of any Goalkeeper is to save Goals. Anything else is a bonus.

I know he's not on big money so I fail to see the urgency to remove him from the Squad.

Iversen has proved himself a top class shot stopper. So we're shafting him because of his footwork.

He's certainly worth more than 5 million pds.

While the new lad may have better feet, I just hope he's as good a shot stopper and at taking crosses.

Otherwise we'll be in for a very long season.

42 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The first requirement of any Goalkeeper is to save Goals. Anything else is a bonus.

I know he's not on big money so I fail to see the urgency to remove him from the Squad.

Iversen has proved himself a top class shot stopper. So we're shafting him because of his footwork.

He's certainly worth more than 5 million pds.

While the new lad may have better feet, I just hope he's as good a shot stopper and at taking crosses.

Otherwise we'll be in for a very long season.

I agree, we must keep him until we're sure we've upgraded or we could end up panic buying before the end of the window.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

I agree, we must keep him until we're sure we've upgraded or we could end up panic buying before the end of the window.

That's exactly how I see it. 

Hermansen is unproven at this level. He could freeze under the pressure then where would we be if we let Iversen go.

I'd let Ward, Smithies, Go and keep Iversen, Expecially if we are only asking for 5 million 

Rudkin really is out of his dept when it comes to transfer business.

17 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That's exactly how I see it. 

Hermansen is unproven at this level. He could freeze under the pressure then where would we be if we let Iversen go.

I'd let Ward, Smithies, Go and keep Iversen, Expecially if we are only asking for 5 million 

Rudkin really is out of his dept when it comes to transfer business.

Realistically none of those three are going to be playing much, if any, football and though Iversen is the best of them, he's also the only one likely to attract any interest. It's alright saying let Ward and Smithies go but nobody is going to buy either of them.

7 minutes ago, Guest said:

Realistically none of those three are going to be playing much, if any, football and though Iversen is the best of them, he's also the only one likely to attract any interest. It's alright saying let Ward and Smithies go but nobody is going to buy either of them.

I understand what you're saying but it's business. Other Clubs find a way to make it happen.

It's just more evidence that the people at the top lack the Football business skills needed while they learn on the job.

Except for the fact that the Team and Squad are suffering because of it.

• Like 1

On 02/08/2023 at 22:29, FrankieADZ said:

well in one pre season game hes already shown hes better than Ward, just from that one headed save, ward would have not got near it

Thought Hermansen's shot stopping was very poor in the Leicester Liverpool game. Maybe not Ward level but i am worried about whether he will be good enough at keeping the ball out of the net going forwards.