Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Iversen/Ward

6 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

He came back low on confidence cause he’d ****ed Wales chances of progression by conceding 5 goals with about 0.3xg in about 100 mins of game time, something he was more than used to for us. I jest about the xg stats but he was horrid. Also worth mentioning he was 2nd choice behind Nottingham forests 3rd choice goalkeeper despite playing every minute for us in the league. 
Yes he was okay in that 6 game spell but he contributed to what? 1 decent save? I’m not sure what ability you have seen in him but I’ve not seen much, awful at shot stopping, awful at commanding his area and awful at kicking. I suppose you could say he’s got the full package in fairness. 
You mention nobody was bothered about him being 2nd choice before last season but there was a lot of people confused about why we’d paid 12.5m for a back up that oversaw a negative gd for a promoted team, especially considering he outdid his xG again by 9 goals as someone posted earlier. It’s also harder to get upset at him when he’s only got to play teams around his level in the 3rd and 4th rounds of the league and Fa cup, playing the likes of Fleetwood and Wigan, although a howler at Burton that wasn’t 12.5m standard or part of the side that bombed out at Newport or Zorya Luhansk raised eyebrows. Although I will admit it did seem a decent bit of business after his heroics at Wolves.
We don’t need to bring anyone else in, we’ve got Smithies who can play second choice, someone who’d probably equalled Wardens career apps by the time he was 21. Instead of retiring himself and happy to sit on a bench for the rest of his career at 25. 
He will for me go down as our pound for pound worst ever goalkeeper, and mention your Kevin Pressmans, Rab Douglas’ and Ron Robert Zielers all you like but at least they had a decent career before or after they left us, it’s a bit of a grandfather paradox but I’m convinced if you lined up the worst ever goalkeepers to play for Leicester be it Paul Henderson or Jimmy Nielsen they’d have done no worse than what Danny Ward did last season.

The point is, the fee is completely irrelevant now. It doesn’t matter what we paid, he is currently our keeper. Unless somebody wants to buy him and pay him the wages we are paying him, we will still have him this season. 

So people suggesting we buy another keeper from anywhere that will do a similar job as back up, to me is pointless. We will still be paying Ward. 

By the way, he did far more than one good save in that six match spell. He looked very solid. I found it interesting looking back at the comments on here just before the World Cup. 

Edited by Viva
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/newsletters/football/305488/transfer-confidential-tottenham-eye-brennan-johnson-if-kane-completes-bayern-move?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MN-MP-FootballNewsletter-230731_Football_NEWSLETTER&signin=none

Iversen can leave Leicester for £5m

LEICESTER are asking £5million for goalkeeper DANIEL IVERSEN. The Danish keeper is surplus to requirements after the signing of Mads Hermansen but the price is proving prohibitive for some. Stoke enquired about a loan but were rebuffed and they have since signed Mark Travers on loan from Bournemouth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/newsletters/football/305488/transfer-confidential-tottenham-eye-brennan-johnson-if-kane-completes-bayern-move?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MN-MP-FootballNewsletter-230731_Football_NEWSLETTER&signin=none

Iversen can leave Leicester for £5m

LEICESTER are asking £5million for goalkeeper DANIEL IVERSEN. The Danish keeper is surplus to requirements after the signing of Mads Hermansen but the price is proving prohibitive for some. Stoke enquired about a loan but were rebuffed and they have since signed Mark Travers on loan from Bournemouth.

Would rather ward leave, but for his own career I’d say he needs to leave if he isn’t first choice here. £5 mill we will struggle to get I reckon. Any top flight teams need a keeper? 

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Would rather ward leave, but for his own career I’d say he needs to leave if he isn’t first choice here. £5 mill we will struggle to get I reckon. Any top flight teams need a keeper? 

Luton do

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Luton seem to be really struggling to get a keeper in

Had 2 or 3 deals fall through already

Can't imagine they would need a keeper who can use their feet either

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

That would genuinely be a good move for Iversen. First team football, no expectation to play out from the back. He’d be extremely busy and would probably thrive as a pure shot stopper.

And go elsewhere for £25m the following summer 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sdb said:

So you think he will sit just outside the top 10 most expensive goalkeepers in a year of playing for Luton? Better put a sell on clause in then.

Ward doesn't come across as someone who is bothered whether he's playing or not. You could say it's professional of him, not kicking up a fuss, spending 10 days in Asia essentially carrying the bags. But you'd think he'd be forcing something. 

He's definitely waiting to be 3rd choice at a big club like Carson, Heaton and Co. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So you think he will sit just outside the top 10 most expensive goalkeepers in a year of playing for Luton? Better put a sell on clause in then.

Me too. I think his next move after us will be for a considerably higher fee. 

1 hour ago, sdb said:

I don't think any team in a position to pay that sort of money for a keeper is going to want one so shit with the ball, personally

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

wouldnt shock me to see Luton come in for him now, WBA have turned down Lutons final offer for Alex Palmer

and £5mil would be within their price range too

I would sell Iversen for £5m and a hefty sell on % just in case he has an amazing season and gets a decent move elsewhere. Has potential

but also limitations. Time to cash in now we have Mads. 

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Luton seem to be really struggling to get a keeper in

Had 2 or 3 deals fall through already

Can't imagine they would need a keeper who can use their feet either

Can we flog them Danny Ward? 

On 31/07/2023 at 13:06, RowlattsFox said:

Ward doesn't come across as someone who is bothered whether he's playing or not. You could say it's professional of him, not kicking up a fuss, spending 10 days in Asia essentially carrying the bags. But you'd think he'd be forcing something. 

He's definitely waiting to be 3rd choice at a big club like Carson, Heaton and Co. 

I think he must genuinely be amazed that he's playing professional football at all

33 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Just from ordering today, storlcyzk and mads were the first two on every drill, then iversen and wards turn I’d say they are 3rd and 4th choice now. 

We have a major problem that I don't now see where Iversen ends up for £4-5m. Ward is a lost cause, got to hope we can at least get him away on loan.

37 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Just from ordering today, storlcyzk and mads were the first two on every drill, then iversen and wards turn I’d say they are 3rd and 4th choice now. 

Has Smithes vanished lol