Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Iversen/Ward

Just now, FoxTimmy2 said:

I'd be very surprised if Iversen didn't leave. The club should actively try and get rid of Ward if they aren't already. Would Wrexham not be interested? Ward is from Wrexham and played for them in his youth. 

They’ve got a better Goalkepper in Foster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

How can he be a 'reasonable' number 2? His xG is amongst the worst in the world. Basically if it's on target, it's in. We may as well play an outfielder player as backup 

Short memories. He was okay as a number 2 for many years under Kasper playing the odd game here and there. Don't think it was a particular issue and was lauded by many on here.

The problem is he's not a number 1

Edited by HybridFox

36 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'd offload both if possible and probably go with Hermansen, Stolarczyk and Smithies. Iversen deserves to play for somebody and he's clearly not going to do that here now. Ward needs to just go.

Iversen deserves to be number one somewhere, sadly the fraud of a manger took so long to give him that opportunity here and now as a consequence of the way we'll play, will miss out. Ward another long line of players that needs to go to get that stench of failure out of the air. Although Stolarczyk perhaps needs to be getting actual game time to fufill his potential, maybe go with an U23 to fill the bench with Smithies - even after a game for the U23's.

5 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Short memories. He was okay as a number 2 for many years under Kasper playing the odd game here and there. Don't think it was a particular issue and was lauded by many on here.

The problem is he's not a number 1

Danny Ward would be fine as a No2. we are after all a Championship club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Big_Nige said:

Can I please stop seeing this Danny Ward would be fine as a number two. What happens if Hermansen breaks a leg first game of the season, we’re right back where we don’t want to be and that’s with Ward anywhere near nets. 

For our sake, and his, he needs to move on. Too much has happened and mentally he’s gone as a Leicester keeper, It’s a Loris Karius type situation

I would genuinely rather see Alex Smithies play every game in that scenario than Ward.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

Sell the both of them and have Stolarczyk as the number 2.

I think the real scenario is sell 1 and gift the other to anyone that wants him.

• Haha 1

On my FM game, Forest have took him, we are playing them after getting back to the EPL at the second attempt and he is keeping out everything - the fictional twat

• Haha 3

Surely Maresca's going to go for whoever's the best with the ball at their feet? I assume Hermansen's coming to be first choice on that basis, and the back up will be whoever's best with their feet. Neither Ward nor Iversen especially stand out as being much cop at that. I have no idea if Stolarczyk's any good at it, but if he is then might he not be second choice?

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I think the real scenario is sell 1 and gift the other to anyone that wants him.

The problem is that he would have to agree. I can't imagine a League Two or lower side being willing to offer a wage that Ward would accept.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BillyFOX12 said:

The problem is that he would have to agree. I can't imagine a League Two or lower side being willing to offer a wage that Ward would accept.

Agree. The past incompetence of the people dishing out contracts and agreeing fees is going to hinder us for next 1-2 years.  We will be stuck with some unwanted players.  Hope DoF has learned some lessons…….