Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Iversen/Ward

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think I would prefer Stolarczyk to go out on loan but if it means stopping us potentially having Ward as a number 2 then so be it!

Do have concerns about Stolarczyk should he be needed for a long run during the season.

9 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Neither featured again today, safe to say these 2 are firmly on the way out with Stolarczyk at no2 this season.

Any idea why Iversen isn't fancied? on the ball and distribution is poor but that aside he seems a more than capable championship keeper. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jabfox said:

Any idea why Iversen isn't fancied? on the ball and distribution is poor but that aside he seems a more than capable championship keeper. 

Probably answered your own question, that a GK with good distribution is a fundamental requirement for Maresca style of play 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Probably answered your own question, that a GK with good distribution is a fundamental requirement for Maresca style of play 

Just about to say the same thing.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think I would prefer Stolarczyk to go out on loan but if it means stopping us potentially having Ward as a number 2 then so be it!

If you look at the Ward transfer thread I was the harshest critic of us signing him but Ward as a No2 in the Championship is absolutely fine especially if we can't sell him and can give Stolarczyk the opportunity to go out on loan. Stolarczyk has only 28 professional games under his belt and was at a relegated 4th tier club last season.

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If you look at the Ward transfer thread I was the harshest critic of us signing him but Ward as a No2 in the Championship is absolutely fine especially if we can't sell him and can give Stolarczyk the opportunity to go out on loan. Stolarczyk has only 28 professional games under his belt and was at a relegated 4th tier club last season.

He might be but I don't think Enzo likes him at all

4th choice behind even Iversen who can't pass that well says everything

On 18/07/2023 at 13:03, HybridFox said:

Guessing one of the two if not both will leave now that we have Hermansen 

Understand the clamour for Ward but probably hard to shift and is reasonable as a number 2 in all honesty.

Surely makes sense to cash in on Iversen who I imagine will want/is good enough to play regularly somewhere 

Are you on glue?

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

And if Hermansen gets injured in early September and we have to play for three months of the season with Ward? What then?!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

This is such terrible logic. 

Every team in the league would be fine with Ward not playing. In fact, on your logic,  you or me would be fine as a number 2. The problem is if we inadvertently ended up as number 1.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I thought Iverson looked generally good when he played. Made infinitely more telling saves (wouldn't be hard) than Ward. He came in to a poor side defending abysmally. I'm surprised people want rid so easily.  

He’s bang average and if we want to make any steps forward to get promoted and establish ourselves in the prem again we need a rock solid keeper …..schmeichel was the base which we built and we need similar again….Iversen only looked average because ward was so woeful……get rid of both would be a perfect outcome 

Very harsh on Iversen but… it’s best for the club to sell him. I feel for him as I think he deserved a chance but I completely understand why we’ve got mads in to replace him 

ward…. Just get rid

52 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

And if Hermansen gets injured in early September and we have to play for three months of the season with Ward? What then?!

Who do you suggest, Stolarczyk who couldn't get a game for Fleetwood last season?

What level do you think Danny Ward is if he's not good enough to be a No2 for a Championship team?