Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Iversen/Ward

1 hour ago, Buzzell said:

Sell the both of them and have Stolarczyk as the number 2.

How has jukub faired in the last season? Was he on loan? I’ve lost track! Is he still Polish u23 national keeper?

3 hours ago, Gubbins said:

the risk is always there though that he has to go on to the pitch which can't be allowed to happen again

13 hours ago, Big_Nige said:

Can I please stop seeing this Danny Ward would be fine as a number two

I completely get why people feel this way, but he actually was our number two keeper for quite a while and was fine.

Is anybody good enough to be a first choice keeper going to agree to be a second choice one? I doubt it (maybe unless you're Man City or suchlike). So you're never going to have your sub keeper being as good as your first team keeper!

17 minutes ago, Nick said:

How has jukub faired in the last season? Was he on loan? I’ve lost track! Is he still Polish u23 national keeper?

He was on loan at Fleetwood in League One for the first half of the season but hardly played and then moved to Hartlepool in League Two for the second half of the season

Although they got relegated it sounds like he still played well for them, without him they would’ve been relegated earlier / lost games they drew etc.

I would prefer if he went out on loan again, hopefully in League One, rather than stay as our number 2/3, needs more first team experience

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Turtle27 said:

Will be surprised if anyone matches Wards wages. He strikes me as someone happy to sit on the bench and pick up a decent wage 

I'd imagine he will go on loan and we will likely still be paying a decent wedge. 

Telling that both not in squad today, they'll be off.

49 minutes ago, Turtle27 said:

Will be surprised if anyone matches Wards wages. He strikes me as someone happy to sit on the bench and pick up a decent wage 

He always looks like if you saw him in a pub you would just think he was a local and not a professional footballer. 

In another life, he's stacking shelves at Aldi.

On 19/07/2023 at 11:44, Phil Bowman said:

I completely get why people feel this way, but he actually was our number two keeper for quite a while and was fine.

Is anybody good enough to be a first choice keeper going to agree to be a second choice one? I doubt it (maybe unless you're Man City or suchlike). So you're never going to have your sub keeper being as good as your first team keeper!

He was only 'fine' as our number 2 keeper because he never played! In such circumstances even I'd be fine despite being fat and over 60!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

He was only 'fine' as our number 2 keeper because he never played! In such circumstances even I'd be fine despite being fat and over 60!!

He was involved in some horrendous results when playing for us whilst being our number 2 as well

2-1 loss to Newport

1-0 loss to Zorya

4-1 loss to Forest

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

He was involved in some horrendous results when playing for us whilst being our number 2 as well

2-1 loss to Newport

1-0 loss to Zorya

4-1 loss to Forest

Not ot mention his catastrophic world cup cameo...

I can genuinely see a scenario where Ward retires after us. He isn't going to want to play League One or lower because of wages more than anything else. His rep has taken enough of a battering without accepting football that low down. Not a chance anyone at this level goes near him. 

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Imagine Ward was our number two keeper and Hermansen got a long-term injury in the first week of September, meaning we’d have to play Ward until January. It doesn’t even bear thinking about…😳

That is my main concern as well. Having to play Ward could rule out promotion for us. I think he is a player that we need to bite the bullet on and take the loss. In all fairness to him, he deserves to get away as he will never recover his reputation at Leicester.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Imagine Ward was our number two keeper and Hermansen got a long-term injury in the first week of September, meaning we’d have to play Ward until January. It doesn’t even bear thinking about…😳

Feel sick

Get Rudkin on the blower to Ryan Reynolds FC and fleece 'em. They'd loved a Welsh international keeper over there!

I'd actually be happy if the club bought him out of his contract. I never want to see him in a City shirt ever again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

2-1 loss to Newport

1-0 loss to Zorya

4-1 loss to Forest

The Newport game was the one I mostly associated him with prior to last season, plenty more house of horror performances since then mind to add to his cv.

9 minutes ago, longy said:

Get Rudkin on the blower to Ryan Reynolds FC and fleece 'em. They'd loved a Welsh international keeper over there!

I'd actually be happy if the club bought him out of his contract. I never want to see him in a City shirt ever again.

They got go pro idiot Ben Foster in sticks.