Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Harry Souttar

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Not like Souttar is able to offer much of a solution to that issue either though, he isn't that much quicker and the moments where the striker has got in behind I don't think Souttar would have caught them either

Exactly, and i'd go even further - just look at liverpool who play a high line and even VVD get's caught sometimes.

1 hour ago, Weller Wing said:

He's maybe hit a couple of decent balls and some have gone for a throw in.

He's a woeful defender and we've been extremely lucky so far , to have 9 points on the board due to poor finishing from opposition players (their fault)

I trust Maresca and hope Coady comes back fully fit and does well as that will stop the argument. 

Nothing will change my mind,until I see otherwise,  that Vestergaard is absolutely bloody garbage in pretty much every part of being a central defender. 

Opposition managers will target him in every game he plays 

He has the second highest progressive passing distance in the league (2047yds) - compare that to Faes (1395) and Winks (1380) - I think you are grossly and flippantly underestimating his contribution.

Also, not every wasted chance the opposition has had has come from Vestergaards play - it's a team game.  technically he has not made any actual errors leading to an opponents shot.  

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at a lower prem team on loan on the last day of the transfer window. A desperate last minute signing for someone if you like.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Sorry. But I can't fathom selling Souttar and retaining Vestercrap. It makes no sense on either a footballing, economic or moral basis. I simply won't have it!

Vestergaard probably happy to be back up Souttar not so. If Enzo is happy then I’m happy 

7 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Sorry. But I can't fathom selling Souttar and retaining Vestercrap. It makes no sense on either a footballing, economic or moral basis. I simply won't have it!

Makes pretty simple economic sense. Souttar is worth a lot more money and nobody will buy Vestergaard considering the salary he is on.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Viva said:

Makes pretty simple economic sense. Souttar is worth a lot more money and nobody will buy Vestergaard considering the salary he is on.  

Souttar value will be even better at the end of the season once he helps us get promoted. Vester presence in the middle could undermine that promotion project. So in the long run. I still feel it's bad business to sell him for a reduced price and retain Vester. 

I’m not a fan of Vestegard but Souttar is hard to get that excited about.  Both will get murdered in the PL under our current system so neither are a solution both can probably do a job in this league.  

Would rather Vestegard went but that isn’t going to happen

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Souttar value will be even better at the end of the season once he helps us get promoted. Vester presence in the middle could undermine that promotion project. So in the long run. I still feel it's bad business to sell him for a reduced price and retain Vester. 

Hasn’t gaard been present in all of our 3/3 league run this far? Kinda debunks your point a little. Yes we’ve had some scares but it’s a whole new system and philosophy, gonna be challenges and bomb scare moments. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

He has the second highest progressive passing distance in the league (2047yds) - compare that to Faes (1395) and Winks (1380) - I think you are grossly and flippantly underestimating his contribution.

Also, not every wasted chance the opposition has had has come from Vestergaards play - it's a team game.  technically he has not made any actual errors leading to an opponents shot.  

That 2047 yards are mainly 5 yard passes that anyone can do.

Slow as anybody I've seen ,doesn't win many headers and gets knocked off the ball too easy.

Same as with Ward in goal, he creates uncertainty and panic across our back line.

He's in for now as Maresca likes him but like most of our fans, I hope someone better (Coady) is replacing him soon

Edited by Weller Wing

4 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Slow as anybody I've seen ,doesn't win many headers and gets knocked off the ball too easy.

Same as with Ward in goal, he creates uncertainty and panic across our back line.

He's in for now as Maresca likes him but like most of our fans, I hope someone better (Coady) is replacing him soon

In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

How will Souttar’s value go up if he doesn’t play? The manager obviously doesn’t want him in the team and when Coady is back, he’ll be even further down the pecking order. 
You mention retaining Vestergaard again. Like I said before, you need a buyer before you can get rid of a player. You can’t just get rid of players that are on very high salaries.

26 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Hasn’t gaard been present in all of our 3/3 league run this far? Kinda debunks your point a little. Yes we’ve had some scares but it’s a whole new system and philosophy, gonna be challenges and bomb scare moments. 

Gaard has skinned alive on the transition / fast break. And only poor finishing has masked it. Borrowed time I'd say!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Viva said:

How will Souttar’s value go up if he doesn’t play? The manager obviously doesn’t want him in the team and when Coady is back, he’ll be even further down the pecking order. 
You mention retaining Vestergaard again. Like I said before, you need a buyer before you can get rid of a player. You can’t just get rid of players that are on very high salaries.

I'm just working off the principal that Souttar would hopefully work his way into the team. Solidify his spot. We get promoted and his value is increased. 

Anyway, clearly Enzo knows best. And if Souttar has said he doesn't fancy slumming it in the Champ. He can feck right off!!

6 hours ago, Viva said:

Exactly - seems we're stuck with vestergaard, and resigned to losing him for free at the end of his contract - so we might as well get some use out of him.

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Exactly - seems we're stuck with vestergaard, and resigned to losing him for free at the end of his contract - so we might as well get some use out of him.

He could cut the grass I spose or take the bins out 

6 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Would be interesting to see what would happen if Vestergaard got injured. Would EM then play Souttar or would Doyle move across to centre half? Nelson also appears to be ahead of Souttar at the moment. 

Faes has played the centre CB role when vestergaard didn't play in the cup.

6 hours ago, Weller Wing said:

Simply not true - this distance is purely progressive passes, so yes it will include passes to winks and ricardo, but his average pass is 17.25 yards.

Yes there have been moments when we've been caught high, but the repsonse to these situations is not 'panic', generally our recovery has been decent - the fact that he's had more touches than anyone in the team suggest that the players have total trust in him