Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Harry Souttar

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I imagine Coady, Faes, and Doyle are Enzo's first choice back 3, I assume Souttar doesn't fancy being back up. 

Maybe Vesty is happy to be just that. 

Problem I have with this is; having just one back up in this league isn't good enough. the season is just too long and gruelling. 

And before anyone starts saying 'yeah but Ndidi, Justin, Kristiensen can play CB' etc etc. please don't. Square pegs in round holes is the route of footballing evil. If we haven't learnt that lesson over the past three years, god help us!

• Like 1

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Problem I have with this is; having just one back up in this league isn't good enough. the season is just too long and gruelling. 

And before anyone starts saying 'yeah but Ndidi, Justin, Kristiensen can play CB' etc etc. please don't. Square pegs in round holes is the route of footballing evil. If we haven't learnt that lesson over the past three years, god help us!

Doyle -> Kristiansen 

Coady -> Vestergaard 

Faes -> New signing 

Ricardo -> Justin 

Souttar too similar to Vestergaard, imagine once he leaves we bring in someone to cover Faes who is more in that mould of being able to play the RCB role. 

Was dismissed by Beale 

Beale was quizzed on those reports and also rumours that Ridvan Yilmaz could leave the club following tonight's win over Servette.

He said: "There's nothing in either of those to report this evening. Ridvan is very, very happy. He's lost his best mate in Fashion Sakala, but outside that, he's very happy and will return to training next week.

"Harry Souttar, there might be a bit of lazy stuff around that because his brother players for us and I believe he follows our club. If there's any news on that, you'll be the first to know

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Celtic take a look at Harry now they have lost their main CB pairing for a number of weeks (months depending)? if any truth to Rangers reports to steal a march on them & obviously links with Rodgers.

I guess for the player it's which side you fall on & obviously with his brother at Rangers you'd expect him to be that side so would he even go Celtic if they offered him something?

6 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I wonder if Celtic take a look at Harry now they have lost their main CB pairing for a number of weeks (months depending)? if any truth to Rangers reports to steal a march on them & obviously links with Rodgers.

I guess for the player it's which side you fall on & obviously with his brother at Rangers you'd expect him to be that side so would he even go Celtic if they offered him something?

Yeah Harry is a Rangers fan, seen in their kits.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Notting your mums forest said:

Souttar to Rangers is all dependent on Rangers qualifying for the Champions League. Finely poised at present with Rangers drawing 2-2 with PSV at Ibrox. Fully expect a souttar bid IF Rangers get a result away in Eindhoven

So he won’t be going there then ……

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, David Hiorns said:

A donkey who happens to be an experienced international who has played well under Maresca and who has the ability on the ball which sets him apart from Harry. The lazy hatred of Vestegaard is bordering on toxic and has no basis in the current reality

Hes shit mate, we all have eyes. He hasnt got hate for the last two years because of his personality

Edited by South Shire Fox

9 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hes shit mate, we all have eyes. He hasnt got hate for the last two years because of his personality

How many games has he played over the last two years for you to have used your eyes and drawn a conclusion?

Be honest, most fans don’t like him because he turned down moves not because of his game play.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

How many games has he played over the last two years for you to have used your eyes and drawn a conclusion?

Be honest, most fans don’t like him because he turned down moves not because of his game play.

Theres a reason he hasnt played that many games.. If Daniel Amartey starts over you then theres something seriously wrong. A defender that cant defend or win a header even though hes 6ft 7. Denmark are hardly blessed with CBs for him to be an international so its not exactly a display of his quality

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

If you trust Maresca then you have to assume that maybe Souttar is just as crap or worse than the Danish lump don't you? Logically if they were equals anybody would pick Souttar as he's younger and on a longer contract and lower wage, so he won't need replacing anytime soon. So if he's not getting the nod then obviously the coach thinks he's ass.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

His 10 games under Rodgers were in an underperforming defensive unit, he was poor, so were the other 4. He was badly suited to Rodgers system and a lot of careers nose dived during that period. 

He has however got 30+ caps for a decent national team and some good coaches have had faith in him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Someone tell me here why won't our manager's play Soutter......he can't be that bad! 

Plus we did pay around 15m for him aswell and he's still only 24 year's old

If you have time read today's press conference in the Rotherham match thread. Enzo gives an insight as to why he plays Vestergaard, but also acknowledges he has limitations with a lack of pace.

• Like 2

Just now, MGLCFC said:

If you have time read today's press conference in the Rotherham match thread. Enzo gives an insight as to why he plays Vestergaard, but also acknowledges he has limitations with a lack of pace.

Think its going to take a striker to run rings around him and put 2/3 past for Enzo to realise the error of his ways

• Like 1

On 22/08/2023 at 07:31, BKLFox said:

His Brother plays for Rangers. I don't imagine you would have one brother at Rangers and another at Celtic..

24 minutes ago, David Hiorns said:

A donkey who happens to be an experienced international who has played well under Maresca and who has the ability on the ball which sets him apart from Harry. The lazy hatred of Vestegaard is bordering on toxic and has no basis in the current reality

lol I'd say the opposite. Defending him is bizarre. He's been much better this year and being fair you'd still say he's been poor overall.

He's also crap on the ball. Gives it away loads when under pressure. Just because he looks comfortable with it, doesn't disguise his actual ability. Spraying a pass with all the time in the world is easy, making the right decision in a split second isn't.

• Like 1