Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Harry Souttar

Even when Coady is back, we will still need a rapid RCB to play the 3241 effectively; otherwise, we'll be wrecked on the break. If we could find a buyer for Souttar then I'm sure that his replacement will fit that profile.  

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe

Buy if he poor in Scotland he value just drops even more.

No one is going to buy him anyway, he’s contracted here until 2028 likewise Kristensen, and can’t imagine either getting a better wage elsewhere. The club has been so amateur with contracts and transfers for years and are paying the price.

19 minutes ago, Mark said:

No one is going to buy him anyway, he’s contracted here until 2028 likewise Kristensen, and can’t imagine either getting a better wage elsewhere. The club has been so amateur with contracts and transfers for years and are paying the price.

The list of clubs that will pay Vestergaad, Souttar, Praet , Daka , Castagne etc.etc. the same as us is vanishingly small. Even if we accept nominal fees for them , few clubs will want to pay them at the risk of upsetting their own salary regimes.

37 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The list of clubs that will pay Vestergaad, Souttar, Praet , Daka , Castagne etc.etc. the same as us is vanishingly small. Even if we accept nominal fees for them , few clubs will want to pay them at the risk of upsetting their own salary regimes.

There are clubs which will have them, but we won't clear out the 'unwanted', cos guess what, clubs know they are unwanted. They will hold out to make offers til the last minute to scoop up bargains. It's a buyers market. We do not hold the cards. We can try to hold our nerve, but we're going to need to take a loss on a fair few of them, and probably end up supplementing loan wages on a couple.

Decent loan fee (£3m) and cover his wage 100% is not a bad deal for us this season and hope this time next season we are offered £10-12m for him, should work from an FFP perspective. 

if we can get a deal like that agreed probably allows us to then bring in a replacement centre back on loan for instance THB. 

When we went down I thought he would be integral in our attempt to come back up. Obviously, our manager doesn't fancy him. He's a decent defender and will do well elsewhere. I am actually quite happy hat we have a manager that is so clear on how he wants to play that he can make these decisions. 

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

Yes he looked good for Australia and put in some cracking tackles. Not the fastest but still a better bet than Vesty in my opinion.

I imagine Coady, Faes, and Doyle are Enzo's first choice back 3, I assume Souttar doesn't fancy being back up. 

Maybe Vesty is happy to be just that. 

• Like 1