Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Harry Souttar

Looking bad it's mad to think we paid £15m for a one dimensional centre half with clear flaws to his game.

Top end Championship players go for that sort of money. I don't think Souttar can claim he's one of them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Rangers drop into the Europa League group stage as a result of last nights elimination. Confirmed on both Sky Sports and BBC. I’m not sure if this does scupper the Souttar deal, if anything I would think it makes it more likely, as Rangers may have had other targets if they secured Champions League football. 

Nothing screams out more the need for defensive reinforcements than an early season 5-1 hammering. 

Reckon this will be done by tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Any other suitors? Or is it just Rangers? 

Rangers have never been interested. Confirmed by Beale in a press conference. The fact Souttar brother is there is where the link comes from. 2+2=5. 

14 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Rangers have never been interested. Confirmed by Beale in a press conference. The fact Souttar brother is there is where the link comes from. 2+2=5. 

So does he come back into the fold, once the window closes then? 

I guess that’s the question everyone is asking. 

I never saw anything I'm Souttar to suggest he was actually any good. Apart from being a giant of a man he was well off what we needed, and still do. It seems like Rodgers parting gift to us was to really make sure he fluffed up and entire transfer window 

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Disastrous January recruitment, Tete useless, Kristiansen loaned out after being discarded, Souttar discarded.

I raised this a week or so back, I wonder how much Glover has been allowed to do this summer, i'd say 90% of signings so far look like ones Enzo has specifically asked for. AFI looks like a Glover job... Hermansen clearly a glover signing and signs look good so far, so i'm not giving him 100% stick, but it's not looking great for him so far. 

27 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I mean, I found Beale's comment to be a bit strange. 

He did say that it was lazy journalism but he ended by saying something along the lines of "if there's any movement on it, you (meaning the journo who asked the question) will be the first to know" which I find to be an odd comment if there was absolutely zero interest. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Rodgers obsession with lanky centre half in an attempt to cover for his inability to set the team up at corners. What a god awful manager that bloke is. 

Kinda but in fairness, one or two players with a significant aerial duels won % is fairly mandatory for success at defending set pieces anyway. 

I don't question his poor defensive organisation but you do still need the personnel. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Rodgers obsession with lanky centre half in an attempt to cover for his inability to set the team up at corners. What a god awful manager that bloke is. 

Agree entirely it felt to me that the signings of both Kristiansen and Souttar was more related to their physical and aggression profiles as we were struggling at set pieces and needed more physicality, clearly the focus on these characteristics came at a cost as both did struggle to adapt to the speed, movement and technical demands of the Premier League. 

@Ashley appreciate your insight regarding the alleged Rangers interest, is there any possibility he could move elsewhere by close of play tomorrow or is it becoming apparent that he will have to be reintegrated due to a lack of interest. 

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Kinda but in fairness, one or two players with a significant aerial duels won % is fairly mandatory for success at defending set pieces anyway. 

I don't question his poor defensive organisation but you do still need the personnel. 

Indeed... but perhaps buy ones that aren't lumbering Ox's to play in your high line. 

They stank of "we can't defend, buy someone huge".

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Simmo86 said:

I want him to fail so much at Celtic so the world can see he’s a busted flush and silly little Leicester were right to sack him.

He'll ride the crest of Postecoglu's wave this year. I can't see Rangers challenging much under Beale who is a shite manager. Outside of that Celtic won't be challenged.

Longer term it'll be interesting to see how he manages the change in make-up of the squad. Celtic have a massive East Asia influence in their squad from Postecoglu's time in Japan. I can't see Rodgers going with that long term (ofc he'll want to put his stamp on it) which means he'll likely have to manage a squad overhaul. We know better than most his weaknesses in the transfer market if Celtic don't have the right backroom staff around him. That combined with Rangers getting stronger again and early European exits could be enough to see him fail.

They've already been dumped out of the Scottish League Cup at Kilmarnock so the treble is off already, and he dropped points at home to St Johnstone in the league in a poor performance. A few more stodgy results and getting dumped out of Europe in the groups will see a fanbase that is already split on him due to his exit to us turn quite quickly I suspect.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I never saw anything I'm Souttar to suggest he was actually any good. Apart from being a giant of a man he was well off what we needed, and still do. It seems like Rodgers parting gift to us was to really make sure he fluffed up and entire transfer window 

If you are indeed Harry, why are you so hard on yourself? It’s probably this negativity that’s affecting your performances in training and putting Enzo off you buddy. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

I thought he was pretty good on the ball when he played last season and isn't massively slow so surely he'd do ok for the way we play now as a backup for Faes. I wonder if the club made their minds up early we'd sell him over Vestergaard as they knew he'd fetch more money so Enzo hasn't bothered to use him. I'm pretty sure he'll be reintegrated and on the bench over Nelson soon.

On 31/08/2023 at 11:53, Spudulike said:

Perhaps this is another Daka situation in that another appearance triggers a payment to Stoke with the club not wanting to take the hit whilst the window is still open? 

He's made 12 appearances for us. I'm not convinced we'd agree to a payment trigger at 13 appearances...

• Like 1