Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei

It beggars belief how much money Chelsea are spending. How can they in any way shape or form get passed FFP rules with this? They are closing in on £1bn spent in the last 2 years. Now, i’m not  an accountant,  but that’s a lot of money..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MPH said:

It beggars belief how much money Chelsea are spending. How can they in any way shape or form get passed FFP rules with this? They are closing in on £1bn spent in the last 2 years. Now, i’m not  an accountant,  but that’s a lot of money..

Factor in that most of them are on 6-8 year contracts (meaning they don’t necessarily need to spend after this window for a while) and most of the transfers will be under a payment structure, they’ve been on an embargo for a while, the money they’ve made from player sales. (Havertz, Mount, Mendy, Koulibaly to name a few)  It has to balance out over a 3 year period, not a yearly one. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

FFP doesn't matter to big clubs like Chelsea - they pay clever accountants to look like they balance the book. The gamble with having these long contracts for massive money, is that it won't take much to create a big hole.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Factor in that most of them are on 6-8 year contracts (meaning they don’t necessarily need to spend after this window for a while) and most of the transfers will be under a payment structure, they’ve been on an embargo for a while, the money they’ve made from player sales. (Havertz, Mount, Mendy, Koulibaly to name a few)  It has to balance out over a 3 year period, not a yearly one. 

Yes - they're hoping spend big now, and then less longer term. The reality is, clubs like Chelsea need new players and a freshen up every season - their owner doesn't seem to understand that!

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

I do get what you are saying  about it balancing out over a 3 year period… I’d say this is the second one of the extravagant spending… I’d say a team  ALWAYS needs to sign players no matter how good your team is -  part of it is about freshening up the squad not saying we were of Chelsea’s standard of course but I’d say part of our undoing was not  spending 2 summers ago… when you factor in the wages on top of all these transfer fees then I don’t see how it’s sustainable in anyway…

I think the long contracts could  be just as much  of a a curse as positive .. if they have someone who  becomes unhappy ( inevitable) they’ll be hard to shift.

• Like 1

I did say several days ago that this clearly wasn't happening.

Ridiculous that we've wasted such a lot of energy on a player in a critical role to Enzo's system who clearly isn't up for it.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Sadly worked for Forest last season in the end!

but now it seems like Forest have dug themselves such a whole, that they can’t possibly risk relegation so will have to keep spending to stay up. That bubble will burst too, it seems..

1 minute ago, MPH said:

but now it seems like Forest have dug themselves such a whole, that they can’t possibly risk relegation so will have to keep spending to stay up. That bubble will burst too, it seems..

Let's hope so for them, the whole thing stinks. 

Edited by lcfc_forever