Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

2 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

He's obviously a candidate for player of the season & has been excellent.

If & probably when we're in the Premier League next season, surely his lack of pace will be exposed, won't it ?

When we have 70% of the ball, he is strolling through games.......next season will surely be very different. 

People keep saying that, it’s like they don’t really read other posts. There are plenty of posters in this thread arguing why his lack of pace might not be that big a problem in the PL - there are and have been other not too fast cb’s, we can play a low block in some games, pair him with a fast cb etc. It all depends…

3 hours ago, glasgowfox said:

Hate to be cynical but.....yes he has played really well this season against Championship sides where half of  the forwards couldn't hit a barn door.  He was crap in the premier league because he is as fast as a sloth with arthritis.  He is not premier league class and if we get promoted then he needs replaced...opinion.

I don’t think you’re cynical, just stubborn. It’s called cognitive dissonance when reality proves you wrong and you’d rather deny reality than adjust your world view. It seems that might be what you’re experiencing… opinion.

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox
2 minutes ago, Foxy DK said:

I don’t think you’re cynical, just stubborn. It’s called cognitive dissonance when reality proves you wrong and you’d rather deny reality than adjust your world view. It seems that might be what you’re experiencing… opinion.

Pfff....you swallowed a dictionary...how am I stubborn to have an opinion???  How has reality proven me wrong in the premier league??  Adjust my world view???  You been on the sauce??  I am 58 and could probably beet him in a foot race even with my zimmer!! :wub::dunno:

3 hours ago, glasgowfox said:

Pfff....you swallowed a dictionary...how am I stubborn to have an opinion???  How has reality proven me wrong in the premier league??  Adjust my world view???  You been on the sauce??  I am 58 and could probably beet him in a foot race even with my zimmer!! :wub::dunno:

I’m not arguing against him being slow, just that it necessarily makes him “crap” in the pl. As I’ve said before he might not be good enough for us in the PL, but he’s done nothing to suggest that he’s not this season.

Fact is he’s played very well this season, and now he’s also been MOTM vs a PL-opponent. That, and the fact that he has had a fine career until he crashed into Brendan, should at least make us willing to try him in the PL.

He reads the game very well and his positioning is excellent. He will get burnt for speed occasionally but I feel that he can play at the premier league level. I was initially a non believer but he has converted me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ithuriel said:

When he runs he reminds me of The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, where the Ents charge at Isengard.

Creased me up how he outpaced Bournemouths backline.

Genuinely lol moment. I am high as kite but dig the reference 

• Haha 2

Guest glasgowfox
39 minutes ago, Foxy DK said:

I’m not arguing against him being slow, just that it necessarily makes him “crap” in the pl. As I’ve said before he might not be good enough for us in the PL, but he’s done nothing to suggest that he’s not this season.

Fact is he’s played very well this season, and now he’s also been MOTM vs a PL-opponent. That, and the fact that he has had a fine career until he crashed into Brendan, should at least make us willing to try him in the PL.

Read my response to your initial reply and also reflect on what I percieve as a bang out of order comment on your response to my post. I think you were bang out of order with your response...if you cannot see that then it is very disappointing.  My opinion, which I should be allowed to voice, is my opinion, if you disagreed with it then just say so, but to be so disrespectful is not acceptable and not needed.  We should be allowed to voice our opinions without you trying to humiliate me with, what you may think, are clever words which are not understandable. If you do not agree with my opinion then either say so in a polite way or do not comment at all. I wish u well.

3 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

Read my response to your initial reply and also reflect on what I percieve as a bang out of order comment on your response to my post. I think you were bang out of order with your response...if you cannot see that then it is very disappointing.  My opinion, which I should be allowed to voice, is my opinion, if you disagreed with it then just say so, but to be so disrespectful is not acceptable and not needed.  We should be allowed to voice our opinions without you trying to humiliate me with, what you may think, are clever words which are not understandable. If you do not agree with my opinion then either say so in a polite way or do not comment at all. I wish u well.

I understood his every word.

43 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He reads the game very well and his positioning is excellent. He will get burnt for speed occasionally but I feel that he can play at the premier league level. I was initially a non believer but he has converted me.

I want to agree with you but I'm still sitting on the fence. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, glasgowfox said:

Hate to be cynical but.....yes he has played really well this season against Championship sides where half of  the forwards couldn't hit a barn door.  He was crap in the premier league because he is as fast as a sloth with arthritis.  He is not premier league class and if we get promoted then he needs replaced...opinion.

Looking at the bottom half of the Premier League but above the drop zone, which is where we would be aiming first season back. Are any of the below considerably quicker than Vestergaard for it to be a factor? (and none are as good on the ball)

Felipe

Mee

Ajer

Dawson

Tarkowski

Andersen

Ream

I'm not worried about whether he will get torn to shreds by Haaland, every centre half in the world bar the very elite are week in week out. Its whether he can deal with the likes Calvert Lewin, Awoniyi, Solanke, Jiminez, Mateta etc which will be the difference between him being good enough or not. To get an upgrade that will be significantly better than him you're talking a 20 million plus player, of which we have other positions that need filling with that money other than centre half.

You also casually forget that before joining us he played for Southampton almost every week where they finished 16th, 11th and 15th all of which would be acceptable finishing positions for us next year, as well as being successful relative to club size for 3 clubs in the Bundesliga, and having near on 40 caps for Denmark including a Euros Semi Final to his name.

I think the fella who responded to you summed it up perfectly,  you have already formed an opinion despite the evidence pointing to contrary for the majority of the season, but you don't want to admit your opinion is proving a bit dicey so are doubling down. Its the classic Brexit argument, ignore what's in front of your eyes and stick to your opinion of nearly a decade ago.

5 hours ago, Foxy DK said:

People keep saying that, it’s like they don’t really read other posts. There are plenty of posters in this thread arguing why his lack of pace might not be that big a problem in the PL - there are and have been other not too fast cb’s, we can play a low block in some games, pair him with a fast cb etc. It all depends…

What I find funny is since start of season.

.posters try to  force any issue and then creating agendas

On predictions, and presumptions. AND on one of their own players.

Its fking mad…
Yesterday according to all scenarios, he held back some of the fastest

forwards and the tide….of a PL squad team players…and burst through

their own Backline 3-4 times…One match is never defining,but like Enzo

whatever naysayers throw down,the challenges have been met and

so far,answered and quite often defused and worries erased….

If He delivers such performances against 40% of the PLteams

40% average and decent..20% he’s  bossed. He’s done his job..

sitting there waiting to mark down every slip up,

that’s sick and a problem on the posters side..

Right of opinion accepted,but must be fair and balanced..

27 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Love to see this in slo-mo with the theme from Chariots of Fire playing.

Someone must pick out the other times he did the same in the last 3rd,

wheere he suddenly turned up,then 1-2 times “ quickly” retired back.

Chariots of fire would be a brilliant edit into those moments…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Faes is not fast. Soyuncu was fast but he was inconsistent. 

Faes is neither fast or consistent though 😜

Imagine how much Cags would have developed under Enzo, he had every attribute to be a beast under Enzo ball.

• Like 1