Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

I'm not one for hyperbole but he is genuinely one of the worst players I have ever seen play for us. Utterly woeful. I know players can have hot spells and dip off just as much but I genuinely don't understand how he has ever played top flight football, let alone so many caps for a decent international team. Crazy.

• Like 3

I can't believe Souttar is seemingly behind him in the pecking order.

I've read a lot about people saying Souttar doesn't have the passing range that Vestergaard has but it's not like we asked him to be Pirlo and he is an absolute liability. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nettle said:

Souttar all the way whilst Coady is injured. Vesty is going to cost us loads of goals, is he good at anything? No pace, can head or tackle just plain shite.

He can pass?  

But we need a defender who can tackle, head a ball, run....i mean....defend.

• Like 2

He's just too slow, and doesn't attack the ball enough when defending set pieces - their best chances outside of set pieces came from paces counterattacks. If we lose the ball in central midfield, it's far too easy to play that through ball when Vestergaard is playing. He also played deeper knowing his lack of pace so kept the opponents onside. 

Thing is we've got a lot of solutions - as well as playing Souttar, you could play Doyle inside and put Justin/Kristiansen/Thomas at LB. And Thomas and Justin have played in a defensive 3 before as well.