Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

Vesty or not we were massively exposed today. Faes was much worse as was Doyle and Choudhury. Would have been much closer had we Ricardo and Justin starting.

Unless we can spend millions IF we go up we will be straight back down. 2-2 at 90 minutes flattered us massively. We were well beaten today.

Very good day out though. Fell asleep on the train on the way home and now have to get from Chalkwell to Pitsea. 

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Still can't get why people can't separate promotion campaign and if were promoted premier league level. Two very different experiences.  Vesty will be enough for the former but will be massively exposed in this system in the Prem. 

spelt Enzo wrong

I love what he's done for us this season, and credit to him for wanting to rebuild some sort of career here.

But yesterday was horrific, back to a level he just cannot cope at. At fault for 2 goals, at fault for the sending off ultimately too. 

The mistakes were even more annoying as actually only 1 was down to being outpaced. Flying in for the tackle and getting done leaving Doyle as last man.... then the one where he comes flying for a header that was already being covered by other defenders and wasn't in a threatening area! 

Fine to have him around as a squad player and someone to come on to switch to a back 5 but my god.... we have to scrape every penny together if we go up to get a CB or two

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I liked him playing striker for the last 10 mins. Could have done with him being up top for our league games when we couldn’t score, not vs Chelsea with 10 men hehe.

Did we even pump any balls long 

43 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Found it bizarre to put the least mobile player up front when we needed something. 

Enzo probably had visions of Vesters getting the ball, mugging off 1-2 players with a bit of skill and slipping Daka in behind

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, FLAN said:

Found it bizarre to put the least mobile player up front when we needed something. 

Whilst we still had subs available and two strikers on the bench lol 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yesterday was an eye-opener on him. He will get shredded again in the PL I think.

the evidence is all there. Got shredded last season in the prem,  got shredded at the weekend.. why on earth people think it would  work with him in the prem next year I’ll never know..

I get  that money is tight, but my answer to that is that CBs have to be the absolute priority..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

the evidence is all there. Got shredded last season in the prem,  got shredded at the weekend.. why on earth people think it would  work with him in the prem next year I’ll never know..

I get  that money is tight, but my answer to that is that CBs have to be the absolute priority..

Absolutely the rest of our squad is good enough to compete and survive in the Premier League but if we dont sort the defence out theres no point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He is our best progressive passer at the club, the position needs improving along with others, but I highly doubt the club has that much money and we may need to work with what we have in some positions. 

51 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yesterday was an eye-opener on him. He will get shredded again in the PL I think.

If we play as now, with the same personnel, he will be exposed, but we won’t, so it’s hard to tell.

It’s also no good focusing on what he is crap at (moving :P) without acknowledging what we would lose without him.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I couldn't agree more . Vesty just isn't mobile enough for the premier & I personally don't feel that Doyle is either. I see us needing 2 CB's this Summer & that is going to be expensive !!

His only asset is his passing range & having the occasional marauding gallop into the opponents half.

He literally strolls through games.......but that's easy in The Championship when we have 75% possession & teams don't want to cross the halfway line.

If we go up, we won't have such dominance & he will struggle. 

Edited by STEVIE B

Put anyone in that system with no cover from either full back, playing on the half way line and you're centre back partner being anywhere but where he is needed and you will get the same result. Do you think 85 million pound Harry Maguire would have done any better basically 1 on 1 with Jackson for 90 minutes? Would Johnny Evans? 

Think things needs to be put into perspective, if we play that style against any of the big teams we will get ripped to shreds unless we sign 2 Fofana type centre halves who are rapid. But you also need him to be the ball player, so unless the scouting team unearth some gem from nowhere then we're stuck with what we have as those type of players a) won't come to Leicester b) would cost 50 million + of money we don't have. As I have said earlier in the thread, it's really not how we do (should we actually go up) against the big 6, it's if he and the defensive line up can handle the bottom half attacking line ups, your Brentford, Bournemouth, Everton, Forest, etc which would be the decision as if to whether we keep him or not.

Personally think we have much bigger issues to fill, we're likely going to sell KDH for a wedge to fund any incomings, Wilf will walk to a European team on a free so outside of Winks we're going to have to find an entirely new midfield. We also have 4 forwards, 1 of which may retire, 1 in Nacho will 100% walk which would leave you with Cannon and Daka, they ain't getting the goals to keep you up. Then you have the wing options, assuming we're going to cough up the fee to keep Abdul (and not Yunus) we're left with 2 options plus 2 kids in Kasey and Wanya. 

Personally think centre half is just about the position we might be okay in with young Nelson also showing promise so if we can keep Vesty and not pay him a shed load of cash then I think his positives outweigh his negatives. 

• Like 2