Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

11 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Might not be a bad shout. Doyle was decent tonight but with Hull being strong and quick in the wide areas, I'm not sure if Justin would be better suited. I don't trust Doyle defensively, especially against pace.

Yep suspect he will play Justin instead of Doyle but will play him on the right against Carvalho and then inverted the full back from the left hand side or push a CB forward if Hamza is injured. 

Similar system to how we marked Jack Clarke out of the game when we played Sunderland at home.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Absolutely horrendous today. 

Horrendous anyway. I can’t watch him and Faes at the back if we get promoted. They get away with it in the Championship but won’t in the PL.

2 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Thought he was let down by the full backs not covering in behind personally. It was criminal how much space Cucerella had to run into for the first 

It’s a good point. With the tactics we play most defenders would look crap and exposed. However my issue with Vesty is he has no pace and looks like a school ball defender anytime he plays against players who are above average

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Guest said:

Can I ask why today is the definitive proof and not e.g. the Bournemouth game?

Well for starters Bournemouth were resting Solanke who is their best and only properly recognised striker.

Bournemouth’s form before going into our match was horrendous.

Even Jannik’s biggest fans surely could see that his limitations were on full show today (1st goal and Doyle sending off) as two prime examples.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Well for starters Bournemouth were resting Solanke who is their best and only properly recognised striker.

Bournemouth’s form before going into our match was horrendous.

Even Jannik’s biggest fans surely could see that his limitations were on full show today (1st goal and Doyle sending off) as two prime examples.

Yeah they definitely were and I agree 100% with the sentiment that this back line as it is would struggle big time but I don't think that's a Vestergaard specific issue. Him, Coady, Faes and Doyle all have little to no pace and they are all going to be exposed by good opposition unless we get some around them.

I don't think Vestergaard or Coady are brilliant players by any means but I think either of them flanked by a couple of defenders who can actually run would be perfectly adequate for a bottom half Premier League team.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Guest said:

Yeah they definitely were and I agree 100% with the sentiment that this back line as it is would struggle big time but I don't think that's a Vestergaard specific issue. Him, Coady, Faes and Doyle all have little to no pace and they are all going to be exposed by good opposition unless we get some around them.

I don't think Vestergaard or Coady are brilliant players by any means but I think either of them flanked by a couple of defenders who can actually run would be perfectly adequate for a bottom half Premier League team.

To be fair that’s possibly the best reply that I’ve seen for a while to a differing opinion.

I still worry about any of our existing CB’s in a higher league bar Nelson for potential but I am on a downer towards all thing Leicester recently so might be writing off Jannik based on this seasons form - my worry will always remain with how good a defender he actually is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Horrendous anyway. I can’t watch him and Faes at the back if we get promoted. They get away with it in the Championship but won’t in the PL.

They’ve barely been getting away with it lately either. 

Despite the love in on here we should not be looking to extend his deal. Let him go on somewhat of a positive note because on today’s showing he will get absolutely destroyed week in week out in the Prem. 

• Like 1

I’m not having that he’s much good. You can’t be a top level defender these days and be so slow.

Jackson isn’t particularly quick but had Vestie on toast.

Imagine him v the quick Premiership strikers. This is why Rodgers binned him. He reads the game pretty well, is good in the air but his lack of pace is just not acceptable at the top level.