Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

For Yellows. Not for Reds. 

I may be wrong but a couple of others put the same on here also. The only other thing I could think of is if they only commence after a certain period of time in order for an appeal of some kind? It was yellow totting up anyway wasn't it? 

13 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Will be so glad to see him back against Hull. I think he's been a big miss these last two games, he's a crucial part of the spine of the team right now. He'll steady the defence and give us impetus going forward.

Who'd have thought 12 months ago?

I completely agree. In fact, I think he's the most important player in Enzo's system, as evidenced by the games we've played without him. It's not just how well he fits into the system; it's also the fact that he's been our most consistent player so far this season.

• Like 4

Just thinking how many times opponents had their strikers pin our CBs

Way easier to do with Wout or Coady, we saw it today, saw it much to our demise against QPR

Can't pin Jannik when a 6'1 striker barely reaches Vesty's chin and he just heads clear

Edited by LFox99

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I may be wrong but a couple of others put the same on here also. The only other thing I could think of is if they only commence after a certain period of time in order for an appeal of some kind? It was yellow totting up anyway wasn't it? 

I’m not sure what the confusion is. I think it’s all been cleared up? 

initially I was surprised to see Vestergaard suspended but able to play in the cup, because I remembered earlier in the season one game of Fatawu’s 3 match ban being used up by a cup game. 

the answer is that Red card bans apply to all competitions and yellow card bans only apply to the competition in which they were accrued 

• Like 2

Desperately need him back. Its not even for his defending we need him, its getting the ball forward quicker and breaking the lines. We always seem more calm and composed when he plays. Real lack of control in the last 2 games when he was unavailable 

• Like 4

Just now, jayfox26 said:

Desperately need him back. Its not even for his defending we need him, its getting the ball forward quicker and breaking the lines. We always seem more calm and composed when he plays. Real lack of control in the last 2 games when he was unavailable 

Would play him and Coady from here on. Faes head has completely gone. Flaps his hands around more than defending at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Would play him and Coady from here on. Faes head has completely gone. Flaps his hands around more than defending at the moment. 

Might not be a bad shout. Doyle was decent tonight but with Hull being strong and quick in the wide areas, I'm not sure if Justin would be better suited. I don't trust Doyle defensively, especially against pace.

• Like 1

Oh Brendan, how the tides have turned. Fans are now eagerly awaiting Vestergaard's return, recognizing his absence makes us a much weaker team. Who would have thought this just a year ago?

Another Brendan masterclass. :brendan_still:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

These last 2 games have shown how vital he’s become, Winks has struggled without him.

Winks has struggled more with Ricardo being out IMO. He's that link man in midfield, buzzes round a lot more, covers in behind him and is always one pass away from him. Hamza can break up play but he's rarely within twenty yards of Winks when he's drifting back into the RB slot all the time. The only pressing Sunderland did today was when Winks had the ball, it was like a trigger for them. Let the defenders carry it as far as they want, especially first half and then as soon as the midfielders have the ball, move in.

6 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Might not be a bad shout. Doyle was decent tonight but with Hull being strong and quick in the wide areas, I'm not sure if Justin would be better suited. I don't trust Doyle defensively, especially against pace.

The trouble with JJ is that he may be faster but is forever giving the ball to the opposition. More comfortable on the right too.

5 hours ago, East Langton Fox said:

He played at  Bournemouth and was excellent and didn't play against QPR and we were well short at the back when it mattered.

QED

And struggled to get any pace into our attack.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Thing is Coady has also played I'm the last two clean sheets. Enzo needs to drop Faes.

That's about as likely as subbing Stephy isn't it? lol 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

More so since Winks’ effectiveness pretty much depends on Vesty providing him service.

Of all the right and wrong decisions Enzo has made, realizing how crucial Vestergaard could be to his scheme was probably the most visionary.  It would have been so easy to write him off as a lost cause, but Enzo realized that Vesty could potentially be the lynchpin of our attack when most teams would be ceding us 70% of the ball.

Vestergaard has always been a good ball playing centre half, it wouldn’t take a genius to utilise him in a system that requires someone of his ability.

With the amount of work that goes into observing the opposition, Maresca would’ve done the same with us. He’ll have known Vestergaard was going to be one of his linchpins before he took the job.