Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

13 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

When we have 70% of the ball, he is strolling through games.......next season will surely be very different. 

Different, like yesterday against a PL opponent who had half the possession when he was the best player on the pitch different?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Different, like yesterday against a PL opponent who had half the possession when he was the best player on the pitch different?

Different, like we won't be playing 27 shots/only 4 on target Bournemouth every week, yes. 

Edited by STEVIE B

Guest glasgowfox
8 hours ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Looking at the bottom half of the Premier League but above the drop zone, which is where we would be aiming first season back. Are any of the below considerably quicker than Vestergaard for it to be a factor? (and none are as good on the ball)

Felipe

Mee

Ajer

Dawson

Tarkowski

Andersen

Ream

I'm not worried about whether he will get torn to shreds by Haaland, every centre half in the world bar the very elite are week in week out. Its whether he can deal with the likes Calvert Lewin, Awoniyi, Solanke, Jiminez, Mateta etc which will be the difference between him being good enough or not. To get an upgrade that will be significantly better than him you're talking a 20 million plus player, of which we have other positions that need filling with that money other than centre half.

You also casually forget that before joining us he played for Southampton almost every week where they finished 16th, 11th and 15th all of which would be acceptable finishing positions for us next year, as well as being successful relative to club size for 3 clubs in the Bundesliga, and having near on 40 caps for Denmark including a Euros Semi Final to his name.

I think the fella who responded to you summed it up perfectly,  you have already formed an opinion despite the evidence pointing to contrary for the majority of the season, but you don't want to admit your opinion is proving a bit dicey so are doubling down. Its the classic Brexit argument, ignore what's in front of your eyes and stick to your opinion of nearly a decade ago.

Oh dear another person who does not accept an individuals opinion so makes a lame attempt to disagree and undermine.  ll will address your points accordingly.

Firstly no we should not be aiming for bottom of the league.  The centre halves you have mentioned would imo ( which should be allowed) probably all beat vesty in a zimmer race and also maybe they are the reason the teams are at the bottom of the league??? As for Calvert Lewin, who I admit is not having a good season, he could probably walk faster than vesty can run.

Totally disagree we have positions needing filling more.  I would imagine any decent manager would agree with the philosophy that you  build a good team from the back.  If rodgers had followed this by not persevering with ward in goal and freezing out Cags then imo (which should be allowed)  we would not even be in the championship!

Your argument about when he played for Southampton is very lame.  How many years ago???  He last played for us in the premier league NOT Southampton and he simply could not cut it....its like saying let's buy Lingard because he was great at Manchester United!

As for your final comment. YES I have formed an opinion.....its allowed and we all have them....is that not what this forum is all about???  There is no evidence pointing to the contrary this season, which is relevant to the premier league, my opinion that he is good enough for the championship but not the premier league stands.  At no point have I said he has not had a great season in the championship!

Wtf has brexit got to do with it even though I voted to stay :dunno:

Finally just in case you did not grasp it...my opinion is not dicey and I stick by it. It is an OPINION not a fact :wub:

9 hours ago, glasgowfox said:

Read my response to your initial reply and also reflect on what I percieve as a bang out of order comment on your response to my post. I think you were bang out of order with your response...if you cannot see that then it is very disappointing.  My opinion, which I should be allowed to voice, is my opinion, if you disagreed with it then just say so, but to be so disrespectful is not acceptable and not needed.  We should be allowed to voice our opinions without you trying to humiliate me with, what you may think, are clever words which are not understandable. If you do not agree with my opinion then either say so in a polite way or do not comment at all. I wish u well.

I never tried to humiliate you, but I can see that my answer might look arrogant - not because of the words I use, but because I try to analyze your motives. I’m sorry about that.

Even if it doesn’t apply to you, I do think it’s a widespread phenomenon everywhere that people stick with their opinions instead of correcting them according to reality, though. 

Guest glasgowfox
20 minutes ago, Foxy DK said:

I never tried to humiliate you, but I can see that my answer might look arrogant - not because of the words I use, but because I try to analyze your motives. I’m sorry about that.

Even if it doesn’t apply to you, I do think it’s a widespread phenomenon everywhere that people stick with their opinions instead of correcting them according to reality, though. 

It did irritate me a bit tbh but your explanation is welcomed thank you.

57 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Let’s keep it in perspective, against Bournemouth under no pressure against their reserve attack he looked good.

Last ten minutes against Leeds, when he needed to stand up in huge moments, he crumbled !

It wasn’t their reserve attack

Across the 120 minutes the only Bournemouth attacker he didn’t play against was Solanke (yes he is their best attacker but it still wasn’t just a reserve attack he played against)

16 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Oh weird, I also thought suspensions applied across League and Cup. Didn't Fatawu's red earlier in the season apply to cup and league? 

I’m pretty sure they did too and wondered whether the rules were changed . Also I thought it was a one match ban . 

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

I’m pretty sure they did too and wondered whether the rules were changed . Also I thought it was a one match ban . 

Fatawu got sent off vs Cov.

We then had 

Ipswich 

Birmingham (FA Cup)

Swansea

Stoke

He played in the Stoke game, so served his 3 match ban across the other 3 games, including the cup game. 

Now I'm confused!

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Fatawu got sent off vs Cov.

We then had 

Ipswich 

Birmingham (FA Cup)

Swansea

Stoke

He played in the Stoke game, so served his 3 match ban across the other 3 games, including the cup game. 

Now I'm confused!

Yellow card suspensions are competition specific

Red cards go across all domestic competitions

I think lol

https://theathletic.com/4901178/2023/09/27/yellow-red-cards-suspensions-premier-league-fa-carabao-cup/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will be so glad to see him back against Hull. I think he's been a big miss these last two games, he's a crucial part of the spine of the team right now. He'll steady the defence and give us impetus going forward.

Who'd have thought 12 months ago?

• Like 4