Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Taylor Harwood-Bellis

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

10m with a 30m-35m buyback would be my guess, seems to be a new strategy by such clubs

thats basically the sort of thing we had when we brought Kel from them, the buyback would have a set amount of time it could be used by Man City

• Like 1

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

thats basically the sort of thing we had when we brought Kel from them, the buyback would have a set amount of time it could be used by Man City

yeah, Man City with Kel like you say, Chelsea with Olise, the new way to control the market on potential young talent 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

yeah, Man City with Kel like you say, Chelsea with Olise, the new way to control the market on potential young talent 

no Olise didnt have one, as he went Palace from Reading(was at chelsea before reading), and theres a release clause in his contract; so thats how Chelsea are getting him

Man City have done it with loads of their youth player, many of the ones who've left the past x years have had them

• Like 1

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

no Olise didnt have one, as he went Palace from Reading(was at chelsea before reading), and theres a release clause in his contract; so thats how Chelsea are getting him

Man City have done it with loads of their youth player, many of the ones who've left the past x years have had them

My bad - right you are, just assume the worst of such clubs!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadsEmil said:

Skimmed through this thread and saw quite a few people mention how Soton are favourites for him because of all the money they've got.

Excuse me for being ignorant but we've sold £80m worth (excluding addons) and signed, what, £25m worth?

If we want this lad we can buy him 

A lot of the transfer fees coming in will be covering the massive wage bill that we have this year with so many staying on, so we don’t have as much to spend this year as it would seem. 

Edited by Levi Port

18 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

10m with a 30m-35m buyback would be my guess, seems to be a new strategy by such clubs

I agree that this is probably how it would look (maybe £25m), but this does make me wonder if MCFC would also go back and negotiate with Burnley.

1 minute ago, Levi Port said:

A lot of the transfer fees coming in will be covering the massage wage bill that we have this year with so many staying on, so we don’t have as much to spend this year as it would seem. 

Got their work cut out!

Screenshot_20230816_111744_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 4

Guest Sideshow Faes
16 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Got their work cut out!

Screenshot_20230816_111744_Samsung Internet.jpg

Tbf Rob and Reuben probably have quite easy jobs 

Guest Sideshow Faes
3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Does he play in the centre or left or right of the back three?

Yes, one of those 

You'd hope our relationship with City, plus our stronger looking squad, could sway this in our direction. Soton have the money but the squad has been significantly weakened, for now. You'd hope shifting 4-5 of our big earners would fund this and a RW.

Loan with obligation to buy upon promotion might be acceptable to Man City. I'd have thought the Enzo factor will mean we're first choice for the player, it's just convincing Man City that our offer is the best.

Leeds and, to a larger extent, Southampton might be more able to offer a permanent transfer right now which Man City might be more amenable to.

If we can quickly line up a deal for Faes, Soumare, Castagne, Daka or Souttar then maybe we can be persuaded to cough up now as well.

1 minute ago, ALC Fox said:

Loan with obligation to buy upon promotion might be acceptable to Man City. I'd have thought the Enzo factor will mean we're first choice for the player, it's just convincing Man City that our offer is the best.

Leeds and, to a larger extent, Southampton might be more able to offer a permanent transfer right now which Man City might be more amenable to.

If we can quickly line up a deal for Faes, Soumare, Castagne, Daka or Souttar then maybe we can be persuaded to cough up now as well.

i think Vestergaard will be the one to go, not so much Faes

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Can't we offer that lot of cr*p in a bundle.. Buy 5 for the price of 2 or something?.. 

Car boot sale perhaps? 

• Haha 1

Are buy back clauses beneficial to anybody but the selling club & If they were banned would it be bad for football? 

I feel like they really shouldn't be a thing but I might be missing something that actually makes them beneficial to the game rather than just convenient for Premier League / Richer teams

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

I'd be surprised as he can play with ball at feet despite his wages and turning circle... and as a result can play Enzo-ball... Souttar it appears doesn't really fit this criteria so will be out the door first perhaps?

10 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

I'd prefer it that way but Faes does have a suitor in Galatasaray who are trying to get him. Vestegaard, meanwhile, seems fated to remain here until his contract expires.

12 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

Are buy back clauses beneficial to anybody but the selling club & If they were banned would it be bad for football? 

Apparently Southampton insisted on Never Buy Back clauses in the Bertrand and Vestergaard's deals.

• Like 1