Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Taylor Harwood-Bellis

Just now, 21st Century Fox said:

I mean they also sold Salisu as well but it doesn't get around the fact they spent £100m last season. Much like us, I doubt all these sales will be going straight into their war chest

Yes, no idea of the reality of our own financial situation, let alone another club!!  lol

Yes please, we need to be looking beyond this 8ths and if we can then secure a deal for Doyle after this season we would be looking good at CB for years to come along with Nelson and Coady fathering them until he can’t do it anymore 👍 

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's a very good player, was in the team that got promoted last year. But I feel like this is a "nice to have" signing instead of a must-have. How are we going into game 3 of the league campaign with only one winger signed? Mavididi has looked pretty good so far, but what if he gets injured? I feel like we are at least 2 short in the wide areas.  

It's not really a surprise that the loan deals would be done towards the end of the window. 

I can see us picking up another defender and another winger on loan on top of what's likely to be Yunus or whoever. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Have I missed something? Where are leeds getting a chest full of cash from? Everyone that seems to be leaving are leaving on loan lol Southampton on the other hand I can see lobbing a few quid about but even then I don’t see them bringing in much more than we will (in terms of cash sales)… are they in a much healthier position financially than us? 

Leeds haven’t spent a penny and  have reduced wage bill. They are are also going to get money for their wingers and Tyler Adams. I would expect them to spend a little yes, more than is from this point. Are Southampton in better position than us financially? Yes I would say so in terms of FFP. The have sold more than us, have a smaller wage budget and haven’t splashed out yet. How many Southampton players are are on Jamie Vardy wages in the championship, none. The fact we can’t shift one of their rejects who is on 70k a week tells you what position we are in in comparison. I would say yes,  we will lose targets to Southampton as they will have more money to spend and wages to play with at this point. Hope I’m wrong 😀

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nalis said:

What are the loan rules? Is it 2 max from a club? Whats the max in total?

8 loans in total a season… maximum of 5 loan players allowed in a match day squad and a maximum of 4 players loaned in from 1 club 

Edited by dbtcity
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Player profile is exactly the reason we went for Coady. 

Enzo has empathised leadership and experience in almost every interview he's done, he clearly values it and Coady ticked that box. 

There has to be a balance. A back 4 of Doyle, Coady, THB, Ricardo provides that. Young, older, young, older. 

You are right as to why we signed him of course, I just don't think it was a necessary trade off personally. Coady wasn't wanted by TWO bottom half PL teams, which at least suggests his ceiling and resale value is pretty low. Surely we should be giving a little thought to next season and possible promotion?

If you assemble a squad that is exceptional at this level, you shouldn't need 'leaders'. Players like Faes, Dewsbury-Hall and Winks should be able to provide some of this anyway.

Honestly feel like we are a RW away from a very good team at this level.

Don't get me wrong though, I like Coady, I am only talking about if we can/could only sign one of the two.

2 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Is Ruben Neves still the record championship signing? Surely this has to get close to that for it to be permanent? 

Not with 1 year left on his contract surely.. or is it only us that get arse bummed with that?

I know it was said another 4 (?) signings after Casadei, but I think it’ll be 3. A CB (hopefully Harwood-Bellis) and two wingers… looking entirely possible that all 3 will be loans. Obviously that’s pending departures too - but it’s not looking like there will be loads of those as it stands.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

This has got permanent deal with buyback clause written all over it.

If I remember correctly, and I probably don't, the reason he didn't end up at Burnley was because they wanted £15mill for him and a buyback around £35mill and Burnley decided that was too rich for a guy with one year on his contract.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Southampton??? Why not offer Vesty back??

This makes a lot of sense, can someone infiltrate the Southampton forum and start the hashtag #BringingVestyBack

I'm bringin' Vesty back (yeah)
Them other boys don't know how to act (yeah)
I think it's special, what's behind your back (the opposition forward) (yeah)
So turn around (like an oil tanker) and I'll pick up the slack (yeah)

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Is Ruben Neves still the record championship signing? Surely this has to get close to that for it to be permanent? 

According to Transfermarkt, yes at £15.3m

Edit, actually take this with a pinch of salt because their list is definitely not right lol 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transferrekordehistorie/wettbewerb/GB2/plus/1/galerie/0?land_id=alle&ausrichtung=&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=&w_s=&zuab=zu

Edited by AKCJ

Skimmed through this thread and saw quite a few people mention how Soton are favourites for him because of all the money they've got.

Excuse me for being ignorant but we've sold £80m worth (excluding addons) and signed, what, £25m worth?

If we want this lad we can buy him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1