Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Taylor Harwood-Bellis

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

I imagine it will be a loan with option to buy. I’d be surprised if we have the cash to go for it this summer considering we still want a RW and striker situation sorting

That can only happen if Man City extend his contract, which is feasible ofcourse. 

Edited by Scotch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

You are right as to why we signed him of course, I just don't think it was a necessary trade off personally. Coady wasn't wanted by TWO bottom half PL teams, which at least suggests his ceiling and resale value is pretty low. Surely we should be giving a little thought to next season and possible promotion?

If you assemble a squad that is exceptional at this level, you shouldn't need 'leaders'. Players like Faes, Dewsbury-Hall and Winks should be able to provide some of this anyway.

Honestly feel like we are a RW away from a very good team at this level.

Don't get me wrong though, I like Coady, I am only talking about if we can/could only sign one of the two.

Bit of a pointless discussion as we didn't know that THB would be availabl for loan let alone to purhase when we signed Coady.

Guest Sideshow Faes
1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

Loan with obligation to buy upon promotion might be acceptable to Man City. I'd have thought the Enzo factor will mean we're first choice for the player, it's just convincing Man City that our offer is the best.

Leeds and, to a larger extent, Southampton might be more able to offer a permanent transfer right now which Man City might be more amenable to.

If we can quickly line up a deal for Faes, Soumare, Castagne, Daka or Souttar then maybe we can be persuaded to cough up now as well.

Not Faes. Why would we want to sell the division's best defender?

21 minutes ago, Kent-Fox said:

Why haven’t Burnley gone in for him if he is that good?

He only has a year left on his Man City contract and believe they still wanted around £15-20 mill to sign him which presumably put Burnley off

50 minutes ago, Kent-Fox said:

Why haven’t Burnley gone in for him if he is that good?

Burnley gambled last year, and they’re still a fairly modest club so they have to be careful. Unfortunately for them, as soon as Kompany shows an ability to manage in the PL, he will be gone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sideshow Faes said:

Not Faes. Why would we want to sell the division's best defender?

I wouldn't want us to lose him. I only included his name in that list because there are rumours that Galatasaray want him. If he kicks up a fuss and leaves then that could be one way of being able to put in a bid for Harwood-Bellis.