Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Taylor Harwood-Bellis

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't see how we get him. We haven't got the money to buy him out right and his contract is up in the summer so a loan only happens if he signs a new deal. 

Before any of you say we'll have money when Castagne, Soumare, Daka etc go. Say it out loud and see if it sounds silly and unlikely.

Focus has to be on a right winger and then maybe a CB if Souttar and/or Vestergaard go.

What’s happened to the money generated from Barnes and Maddison? 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Agree

But moyes may feel that it’s a gamble for him to go straight into PL football 

(remember Man City are trying to sign paqueta)

Surely they’d be trying to get some1 like Laporte in a deal or 1 of their other 25 established cbs lol… I do find it weird that Burnley haven’t been in the mix for him opting to go for Dara O’Shea instead (could’ve been a cheaper option) 

if we are selling Soumare, Daka, Souttar, Kristiansen and Castagne (cumulative value has to be £50-60m) and have already shifted 12 players for £85m and £30m wages) we HAVE to have the power to be able to sign someone like a Harwood Bellis. Only issue might be that the board could say 'you've got coady back in September, so it's either a centre half or  a striker' and in that case Enzo would choose a striker you'd have thought .

harwood - bellis is a solid player who did great for Burnley last year, but I think we should keep hold of Souttar on the bench as adequate back up until Coady is back and concentrate on attacking options in the August window.

Just now, LVFox said:

No, and I suppose that raises the question of do we play a back 3 or a back 4. Which we could all argue an analyse for days 

Yes fundamentally whatever we play we know that the centre back/quarter back that Enzo likes to play is exposed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

if we are selling Soumare, Daka, Souttar, Kristiansen and Castagne (cumulative value has to be £50-60m) and have already shifted 12 players for £85m and £30m wages) we HAVE to have the power to be able to sign someone like a Harwood Bellis. Only issue might be that the board could say 'you've got coady back in September, so it's either a centre half or  a striker' and in that case Enzo would choose a striker you'd have thought .

harwood - bellis is a solid player who did great for Burnley last year, but I think we should keep hold of Souttar on the bench as adequate back up until Coady is back and concentrate on attacking options in the August window.

I think it all falls down with the IF… we’re not renowned for being the best in shifting dead wood… I mean we probably would’ve dipped into the transfer market last summer IF we’d sold Vestergaard, Soumare, Praet etc etc

i guess it comes down to squad size again as at the minute we’ve got 27 first team players on the books with 4 of them being under 21 along with 4 keepers… we need players out the door asap

Edited by dbtcity

My concern is that he’s not the speediest. It’s not like we have any CBs that are particularly nippy which was almost our undoing against Huddersfield. I know you could use Justin as a de facto CB to help deal with this but our defence does seem a bit slow.

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

What’s happened to the money generated from Barnes and Maddison? 

I suspect unless we start selling some additional players, it'll be used to fund a very bloated squad and plug the huge losses from relegation.

7 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Ffp

soumare - 12m o/s

daka - 15m o/s  

krirtiansen - pretty much all o/s

castagne -  8m o/s 

souttar - as per VK 

selling all those players would not bring in anything like the amount of spend you think 

selling players we just bought is of no benefit unless we make a profit on them 

I'm not sure Southampton have the liquidity that everyone thinks. They spent close to £100m last season with only Romeu moving the other way for a fairly nominal fee. Also Lavia and Livramento will have fairly hefty sell-on clauses. It'll all boil down to how badly their owners want to gamble on promotion.

2 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

I'm not sure Southampton have the liquidity that everyone thinks. They spent close to £100m last season with only Romeu moving the other way for a fairly nominal fee. Also Lavia and Livramento will have fairly hefty sell-on clauses. It'll all boil down to how badly their owners want to gamble on promotion.

They also sold JWP

Imagine the ‘it’s not just fair’ Cov fan and Neil ‘they’ve got two squads capable of promotion’ Warnock if we get this lad

Mads

Ricardo THB Coady Doyle 

Winks

Casadei       KDH

Rak-Sakyi           Mavididi

Iheanacho 

That genuinely is HMS PTL lol 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Should have spent the Coady money on him if he is available.

...and no, not because Coady is injured or not a decent player. It's just the sort of player profile we should be looking to invest in.

Coady was signed not just for being a good Championship centre back but also for leadership. It's been recognised that we have no leaders since Kasper left. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

...and no, not because Coady is injured or not a decent player. It's just the sort of player profile we should be looking to invest in.

Player profile is exactly the reason we went for Coady. 

Enzo has empathised leadership and experience in almost every interview he's done, he clearly values it and Coady ticked that box. 

There has to be a balance. A back 4 of Doyle, Coady, THB, Ricardo provides that. Young, older, young, older. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

No chance, we needed leaders in this squad and he's just that.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I suspect unless we start selling some additional players, it'll be used to fund a very bloated squad and plug the huge losses from relegation.

True, you can’t have players like Timmy Chestnuts sat on the bench earning silly money. I think we will a couple of those players out, but we have to get deals in place for the players we want along side this, otherwise we run the risk of thinning the squad and not replenishing. 

One of the many reasons Rudkin has to be sacked……. And the board need a reality check, you’d think relegation would wake them up, but seemingly it appears it hasn’t.