Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

Thought he has been poor ( had a good 20 minutes in a couple of games) he will probably warm the bench for Chelsea for a few weeks then be shipped out to some foreign land never to be heard of again 

Guest glasgowfox
21 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

Thought he has been poor ( had a good 20 minutes in a couple of games) he will probably warm the bench for Chelsea for a few weeks then be shipped out to some foreign land never to be heard of again 

More likely to challenge for top ball boy :scarf:

36 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Just been added to the online shop. Sales of a shirt with a Chelsea player on it could rival Danny Ward’s signed shirt from last season. Absolute bargain at just £400. 

IMG_8231.jpeg

Be worth ten times that when he scores the winner for Italy in a world cup final

16 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Be worth ten times that when he scores the winner for Italy in a world cup final

Yeh, course. I’ve already ordered 4 of them - absolutely guaranteed to pay out £4K per top as the 25 games he played for us will be pivotal to the inevitable World Cup win. 

30 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh, course. I’ve already ordered 4 of them - absolutely guaranteed to pay out £4K per top as the 25 games he played for us will be pivotal to the inevitable World Cup win. 

Mock me now and I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine 

A few posters are being harsh on his potential here. He was Player of the Tournament and Top Scorer in the U-20 World Cup for Italy. He is simply just young and still learning. I predict that he will go on to have a great career (possibly in Europe) and make at least 20 appearances for Italy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, adamkhalifa said:

When he signed. I thought the YT made him look like the 2nd coming of Xavi. 

He is slow of mind and body. I will be surprised if he is a Prem success. More suited to Italian game. 

Youri is no longer flavour of the month, but that's way too harsh.

13 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Just been added to the online shop. Sales of a shirt with a Chelsea player on it could rival Danny Ward’s signed shirt from last season. Absolute bargain at just £400. 

IMG_8231.jpeg

The club would sell you bag fulls of the air from Roman Bednar's locker if they thought for a single second you'd buy it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

A few posters are being harsh on his potential here. He was Player of the Tournament and Top Scorer in the U-20 World Cup for Italy. He is simply just young and still learning. I predict that he will go on to have a great career (possibly in Europe) and make at least 20 appearances for Italy.

Quite agree. He just seems a bit aimless and not quite sure what to do. I've seen him run himself into trouble when an old, smarter player would make the pass. 

If he was from our academy he'd get much more leeway but the Chelsea label doesn't help

On 19/01/2024 at 17:37, Fox85 said:

He was a 50/50 player.

Outstanding one game

Garbage the next 

I must have missed those "outstanding" games.

I've never once seen him on the pitch and thought he looked the best player or a cut above the rest. I could say that about 6-8 of our players at some point this season but not Casadei. Bad timing but not a huge loss, he was the player I wanted most this summer as he looked to have excellent pedigree but he's been a real disappointment considering he's just won the Golden Ball and Boot in the recent U20 World Cup. I'm quite happy to say he'll peak as an adequate PL player and no more and you'll be able to count on one hand how many Italy caps he wins if he ever gets capped at all.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

Or probably he never really wanted to come here in the first place. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Not a great sign for Chelsea recalling a player like Casadei. 

Mixed feelings on his early departure. He certainly was the weak link in a handful of games, but he was showing signs of making an impact for us. 

Unfortunately, despite his physical attributes, he always seemed a step or two slow, physically and mentally when reading the game. 

I do think we will miss his aerial ability, especially with Ndidi out. 

Overall, I didn't think he would be worth keeping after the end of his loan, but this is not great timing for us. Hopefully, we have one or two coming in.  

I just can’t believe a club that has spent in Excess of over £1B in transfer fees and can’t put a team together without having to recall loan players back they have spent so much you thought they’d walk this league but what with overpaying for mediocre players and just buying overpriced ordinary players I know one thing I’m so glad we don’t have a DOF who has spent over £1B and just wasted it, I really hope City get a refund on the loan fee they paid for Cas would probably pay for Sensi 😉?

Edited by justfoxes

3 hours ago, JimJams said:

As can a leprechaun, a unicorn or a bridge troll. But this is the real world.

Nah...

Leprechauns are too small; they get outmuscled, especially in midfield.

You can't rely on unicorns, they're too flighty.

And bridge trolls did well as defenders in the sixties and seventies (Norman Hunter, Chopper Harris, Tommy Smith...), but they're just red card magnets in the modern game.

We need a loan player for an instant improvement, not to slowly bed him in and let him make mistakes so he can learn from them.

I think Enzo would have been happy for him to remain as squad rotation but now Ndidi is sidelined he has to make a decision.

Sensi is obviously a better option than Casadei but only if fit which is a big gamble.

• Like 1

John Percy reporting the recall happened after Casadei missed the agreed number of appearances:

"There was also widespread surprise when Chelsea exercised the recall of Cesare Casadei from his loan on Friday, after the midfielder missed an agreed number of appearances."

Explains why he kept being played even though he was underperforming. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/01/22/enzo-maresca-methods-leicester-premier-league-return/

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

John Percy reporting the recall happened after Casadei missed the agreed number of appearances:

"There was also widespread surprise when Chelsea exercised the recall of Cesare Casadei from his loan on Friday, after the midfielder missed an agreed number of appearances."

Explains why he kept being played even though he was underperforming. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/01/22/enzo-maresca-methods-leicester-premier-league-return/

Surely it's the opposite? He was recalled because he wasn't getting enough appearances, which is what Chelsea thought we had agreed to? 

13 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Surely it's the opposite? He was recalled because he wasn't getting enough appearances, which is what Chelsea thought we had agreed to? 

The implication is that we were playing him when he wasn't good enough to try and meet the agreed appearances. Even in doing so, we didn't play him enough.

Hate Chelsea. All they had to do is watch him to understand there were times he wasn't up to speed, and others where he was showing promise. A 2nd half season for him chasing a Championship title would have been the best development for him.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

The implication is that we were playing him when he wasn't good enough to try and meet the agreed appearances. Even in doing so, we didn't play him enough.

Hate Chelsea. All they had to do is watch him to understand there were times he wasn't up to speed, and others where he was showing promise. A 2nd half season for him chasing a Championship title would have been the best development for him.

Especially with Ndidi injured. Hmm. Seems like we're still not clear whether Chelsea unilaterally recalled him or whether we sent him back or if it was more of a mutual thing. Either way it's not good for us, unless we bring someone in and even then we're at a net gain of zero players