Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

42 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Why would we send him back two days before a big game when we have 2 first team players in his position out injured? That makes no sense at all.

He's been largely garbage for us. At best he's been quiet and average..wtf would Chelsea want him back? 

He'll be loaned out to a middle ranked championship or European club within weeks 

He’s been shit overall but I just know this will be another Kane, Lingard, Kramaric - wrong for us in the moment but given the right time and space to grow he’ll be good 

• Like 3

Blew hot and cold for me.  Played well against Milwall in the cup was largely anonymous in a lot of championship games and missed a sitter against Coventry last week.

My Chelsea supporting mate raved about him in the Summer when we got him in on loan.  Personally, I dont know what he saw.  Will Alves has more potential.

• Like 1

Only a loss on the timing of it. Dudes obviously got some ability about him, but currently he's not at the level we need, and not being our player permanently, there's not the patience that there would be for a Braybrooke or Alves, people we bring in on loan should strengthen us in the here and now, not have potential to be good for the parent club in the future.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sionnach gorm said:

To those People who are happy he’s gone; I suggest taking up tiddlywinks (and start a forum too)  because you know nothing about football. :thumbdown:

I'm glad he has gone because he has looked ordinary for us, if he has potential, there is no long term gain to playing him because he is not our player and ihis leaving frees up a space to bring in Sensi who could potentially be more effective.  

So what am I missing ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sionnach gorm said:

To those People who are happy he’s gone; I suggest taking up tiddlywinks (and start a forum too)  because you know nothing about football. :thumbdown:

😂 

What are you talking about? 

He was average at best in almost every game he played for us! 

More bad games than good but ‘average’ overall would be fair.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, murphy said:

I'm glad he has gone because he has looked ordinary for us, if he has potential, there is no long term gain to playing him because he is not our player and ihis leaving frees up a space to bring in Sensi who could potentially be more effective.  

So what am I missing ?

In my mind only the timing is poor. 

If Ndidi and KDH were available we probably wouldn’t blink. I can’t think, once KDH is back, that a midfield of Praet, KDH and Winks is any worse than one with Casadei. Not withstanding whether Praet actually wants to play for us. 

If we can get someone in this window then I think Butch will be quickly forgotten 

Now Casadei is on his way back to that horrible place down south, Maybe it’s time for Enzo to bring young Will Alves into the first team the lad has promise I’m sure he’ll do a great job for us ?

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 2

Not a great sign for Chelsea recalling a player like Casadei. 

Mixed feelings on his early departure. He certainly was the weak link in a handful of games, but he was showing signs of making an impact for us. 

Unfortunately, despite his physical attributes, he always seemed a step or two slow, physically and mentally when reading the game. 

I do think we will miss his aerial ability, especially with Ndidi out. 

Overall, I didn't think he would be worth keeping after the end of his loan, but this is not great timing for us. Hopefully, we have one or two coming in.  

Not fussed. He was noticeably one of our worst performers in several games. 

Yes, the timing isn't ideal, but for me Hamza can slot in and do a better job. As can a fit Praet. 

Bring Alves up to the senior team too, I'd rather develop our youngster than a Chelsea one. 

I was dreading watching him get overran by Ipswich tbh.

Edited by DennisNedry
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, TheStig said:

Strange recall by Chelsea. He has blown hot and cold here and if he is inconsistent in the Championship does Pochettino expect him to strengthen Chelsea?

I don't think they expect Him to strengthen Chelsea, more an acknowledgement that he hasn't fit in amazingly with us, and the Chelsea loan department, will probably have some ideas for a better fit for him.