Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cesare Casadei

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Because we are full to the brim of midfielders right now?. Enzo wanted this guy, and although he wasn't top tier we could do with him right now.

Easy Tiger.

I'm purely referring to what possibly happened at the time. Maybe FFP was an issue, who knows ? Maybe you know far more. 

I'm not ITK either, or a soothsayer.

Enjoy your evening.

Edited by STEVIE B

28 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I wondered at the time if this was an attempt to get some wages off the bill for Sensei.

Was there any credence to that?

To be fair, we missed out – could've done with his 'no mercy' backbone in our last three games. 

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 21.38.57.png

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Chelsea recalling him and not then playing him seems like the definition of a lose-lose-lose deal. 

What possessed them to do it?? 

Think we’ve done something similar before? Can’t remember who it was.

4 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Chelsea recalling him and not then playing him seems like the definition of a lose-lose-lose deal. 

Their own midfield had taken a bunch of injuries….

6 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

well now they’ve seen him play lol

42 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

We're not suddenly losing games because we don't have him, he was pony. Would be nice to have the depth, but can't say we're missing him in particular. 

While I agree he was underwhelming, he was someone Enzo desperately pushed for so without a doubt it was Chelsea's decision to recall which makes it even more of a blow that he's not playing there when we're so light.

But whether he was that good or not is kinda irrelevant when we now have less midfielders than we started the window so naturally some of them are going to be playing more minutes than they were planned to throughout the remainder of games which in turn will probably lead to injuries from fatigue. He was good to have as an option to mix it up, unique stature to the rest of the lads.

Exiting the window weaker than we started was never ever going to be a positive and we're seeing the results of that now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheGoldenGod said:

While I agree he was underwhelming, he was someone Enzo desperately pushed for so without a doubt it was Chelsea's decision to recall which makes it even more of a blow that he's not playing there when we're so light.

But whether he was that good or not is kinda irrelevant when we now have less midfielders than we started the window so naturally some of them are going to be playing more minutes than they were planned to throughout the remainder of games which in turn will probably lead to injuries from fatigue. He was good to have as an option to mix it up, unique stature to the rest of the lads.

Exiting the window weaker than we started was never ever going to be a positive and we're seeing the results of that now.

No I completely agree, just think it's fortunate for us that he wasn't an integral player to the side. And of course, there's the depth issue. Hopefully Ndidi is back soon.

I actually looked at him almost as our Lampard, or McTominay, a deep lying striker who was dangerous around the box and at corners but didn’t offer much as an all round midfielder. He’ll probably go on to be a more complete midfielder but he was already offering us that effective alternative option. He has definitely been a loss and he’s now wasting away on the bench. I’m sure he’ll get loaned out again next season. 

40 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I actually looked at him almost as our Lampard, or McTominay, a deep lying striker who was dangerous around the box and at corners but didn’t offer much as an all round midfielder. He’ll probably go on to be a more complete midfielder but he was already offering us that effective alternative option. He has definitely been a loss and he’s now wasting away on the bench. I’m sure he’ll get loaned out again next season. 

With all the crosses that we put in he could have been a useful tool against low blocks in the second half of the season.

• Like 1