Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Tom Cannon

12 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Really? I don’t think you can blame FTers for being underwhelmed when we’re linked with  a name most of us (me for one) have never heard of and who’s not good enough for a place among a really poor club’s even poorer attacking options

Because he’s young, did well at Championship level last season and is probably going to be a better option than Patson as a 3rd choice striker in this system as he can seemingly control a ball. 

Everton are hardly going to hinge their Premier League future on an unproven youth player with all the money they’ve ploughed into their forward line.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Poor replacement for Iheanacho but if Daka goes out for 20+5 saved from bonuses + wages and this kid comes in for 7 then he'd be a pretty reasonable Championship replacement.

Majority of his 8 goals for Preston last year were what you'd call "Daka-esque" I guess. In behind.

I have to be honest and say I don't really know much about the player at all. Several Championship podcasts were really bigging him up. The Second Tier were discussing him moving to Norwich who have lost Josh Sargent until next year and thought he would be a great replacement. Sargent was poor in the Premier League, but leads the press for Norwich really well to get the whole team playing, and they felt Cannon showed that at Preston, plus bagged some good goals.

If he's being signed to be the main man, that is a bit scary. If he's coming in for rotation, he seems like a good player to have.

At the moment, I have a lot of faith in the manager. Even if individual players haven't been quite as good as I thought they would be (Mavididi for me regressed just a little bit after his goal), I can see what the team is doing and what roles the players are supposed to play. We are super early on in his tenure, and everything will get better. With 5 subs allowed per game, we can do a Man City to this division and bully teams by tiring them out and then putting on fresh quality to make the difference. That is why we've got two players for every position, and likely why we will go up. It is frankly unfair for the other teams.

ccvzrbwha9tx.jpg

32 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I don’t think you can blame FTers for being underwhelmed when we’re linked with  a name most of us (me for one) have never heard of

A bit like when we signed Stevie Earle from Fulham in 1973. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, enmac said:

If you read the comments from Everton fans, most don't want to sell him. 

Will he get first team football here? 

Enzo seems to favour 1 striker and Nacho and Vardy will be ahead of Cannon surely. 

I think he would be a good addition though, so we should probably fib to him. 

5 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

Fox I hope not if he had half a talent he would be starting in that Everton squad they are absolutely piss poor he ain’t getting in our first team 

That's not how football works though is it, they've just signed a new striker and have 2 more senior strikers on the books, whether it's the right or wrong decision they'd be selling Cannon for pure profit in terms of the books. Seeing it more and more with Man City selling their youth products, see Cole palmer. Its a good way of balancing the books with incoming transfers being amortised over contract length vs a pure profit sale of a youth player.

1 minute ago, Safestandingfox said:

Not sure why some people are crying about this, he's got 8 goals in 20 in his first half season of senior football, at championship level, that's a fair return in my opinion. 

Probably haven't watched any championship football since we were last in it