Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Tom Cannon

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's got a very impressive all-round range of finishing. Initially I was surprised that Everton were getting rid of hm, but then I remember their precarious financial situation, plus him not fitting the Dyche blueprint at all.

He's the sort of player I could see struggling in the Premier League, but I think it would be quite easy to sell him to another Championship club if that was ever the case. It's quite likely we end up with a few players who live in the "Dwight Gayle Zone" of being too good for the Championship, but not quite good enough for the Premier League. But those players still do alright, they just transfer to whichever club got relegated that season, pickup another signing on fee and become a hero for a new club!

I was hoping for a better quality striker but his last 12 games for Preston and his age means there is some resale value there if we outgrow him. There's also the possibility he takes his last 12 form and kicks on from that.

It's a concern about his ability that Everton are willing to sell but there are mitigating circumstances.

• Like 1

We love to mock Everton for their incompetence but as soon as it’s a chance to slag off a potential addition, they’re infallible talent evaluators.lol

Maybe the message isn’t “If he can’t get into Everton’s side he must really suck”, but “Everton sucks at evaluating players”.

• Like 1

I will keep saying this until I am blue in the face, if we sign this lad we have got ourselves a very good player, he is only 20 and has proved he can score goals at this level and in a side who are not known for playing expansive attacking football. 

Why wouldn’t he want to come here, most likely chance of being back in the top flight, the chance to work with a top coach and learn from Vardy. Plus he is backing himself to come in and make an impact, I like that. 

If we replace Daka with Cannon I will be delighted, this lad has a bright future ahead and I could see him doing very well for us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I love how, for the last couple of years, all we've had on here is "we need to go back to our old recruitment model of younger players with high potential and low fees" yet as soon as there is talk about a younger player with potential and a low fee.... disappointment! 

• Haha 2

This signing has a bit of a Pearson / Walsh vibe to it.

Everton are a basket case of a club, so I'm not too concerned about their judgement of a player. Had a look at their forum and a lot of their fans can't believe he hasn't been given a chance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

I love how, for the last couple of years, all we've had on here is "we need to go back to our old recruitment model of younger players with high potential and low fees" yet as soon as there is talk about a younger player with potential and a low fee.... disappointment! 

I think it's just that there's something inherently unclean about going and getting Everton's cast offs, of all the clubs, it feels offensive. 

Not only because of the shit we've been through with them in the last two years but just, they produce some absolute crap. 

And all jokes aside, I mean this seriously, Neal Maupay and DCL are hot garbage. It is a bit concerning this kid can't get anywhere near their squad even as a rotation option. Especially given Dyche is a notorious penny pincher that loves em White British. 

It will make me absolutely desperate for him to succeed though if he signs. The absolute memes when we go back up and he outscores anyone they've bought for their hundreds of millions outlay. 

• Like 2

i just don’t understand how people are turning their noses up to this. Even more so if it’s to replace daka. 

If we had a striker half as good as this in our youth team, we would be frothing at the mouth about them 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anyone getting David Nugent vibes? Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Funnily enough, I was watching a few compilations this morning and that's the thought that popped into my head. 

• Like 1