Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Tom Cannon

The lad is only 20 something. He got 8 goals in something like the last 12 games of last season. His first professional loan. That’s pretty impressive if you ask me. Everton fans don’t seem to impressed if it’s on a permanent. Could do a lot worse. 

if this is replacing Daka… no nacho then I think it’s decent business  

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes

This is a really enjoyable window.

Absolutely no idea who half the signings or potential signings are but I'm far more confident of our loan or £5m-£10m signings that I ever was our £20m+ buys.

We ain't gonna know until we've got hindsight if this is a good window, there's potential for it to be disastrous and potential for it to be miraculous.

Edited by Sideshow Faes

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Player Comparison versus Kelechi and Piroe:

Euzq4Qw.png

YmQLjHj.png

Shows you just how much more quality Ihenacho has, but to be fair, Cannon looks like a striker that can lead the press, and that is clearly the reason why he's in the conversation. He's also proven at this level.

He will likely be 3rd choice behind Nacho and Vardy, so not too concerned about those comparisons. 

Obviously hope he can improve with us though and no better mentor than Vardy

• Like 1

Just now, Simmo86 said:

Same. Tidy little move this

Really? I don’t think you can blame FTers for being underwhelmed when we’re linked with  a name most of us (me for one) have never heard of and who’s not good enough for a place among a really poor club’s even poorer attacking options

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

It’s strange as you’d think Everton would use him if he’s any good. They’re short of quality strikers and can’t score for toffee :mellow:

Are we now onto confectionary puns? I can't keep up. 

Just have to suck it and see. 

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Really? I don’t think you can blame FTers for being underwhelmed when we’re linked with  a name most of us (me for one) have never heard of and who’s not good enough for a place among a really poor club’s even poorer attacking options

We are a championship club, signing one of the most inform strikers after Christmas in the championship last season. Who do you want us to sign?  People forget we are in the championship 😂😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

That's because most FTers got far too used to being in the premier league and became a typical premier League club fan and forgot that football exists outside of the premier league.

Everton have just signed a couple of strikers and this lad had his 1st proper taste of the senior game last season, maybe he's the one pushing for a move?

Edited by Jimbo

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Euzq4Qw.png

YmQLjHj.png

Shows you just how much more quality Ihenacho has, but to be fair, Cannon looks like a striker that can lead the press, and that is clearly the reason why he's in the conversation. He's also proven at this level.

image.png.e6fcb86fa6d748406766d0c0e9c39fb0.png

is he Canadian? Looks like a bad attempt at a maple leaf 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Euzq4Qw.png

YmQLjHj.png

Poor replacement for Iheanacho but if Daka goes out for 20+5 saved from bonuses + wages and this kid comes in for 7 then he'd be a pretty reasonable Championship replacement.

Majority of his 8 goals for Preston last year were what you'd call "Daka-esque" I guess. In behind.

• Like 1

It's worth mentioning that PL managers under pressure are more likely to go down the 'tried and tested' or expensive signing from abroad with a burgeoning reputation rather than risk pinning their PL status and their jobs on a young academy prospect.

It's also worth mentioning that - as we so often hear - selling academy players is 'pure profit' from an accounting point of view. They can amortise Beto's £30m fee over the four years of his contract (£7.5m per season) and can sell Cannon for, say, the £7m Norwich apparently bid and they're then only £500k down for this season when comparing the two deals.