Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

So a poor purchase then? Doesn't look like someone who is going to improve ready for the PL imo.

I don't think they'd say that, he does have five goals.  Rutter might get sold, injuries and rotation will happen, and he'll probably be more productive when he is playing as a 9.  They could also add a #10 in January and start playing Rutter and Piroe together up top.

As for Cannon, I think he has a real opportunity.  Vardy and Kelechi aren't performing at a level that would keep Cannon off the pitch if he shows he's ready to be a difference-maker.

Edited by Deeg67

26 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

I want to see this lad as soon as possible. He might not be the answer but then Vards and Kels aren't either.

Yeah Vardy isn’t the player he once was and age does that… the GOAT but he doesn’t offer what we need, I would like to see Daka more but that isn’t happening 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Enzo says he's ready to be included in the squad - could see a run out tomorrow.

As a Maresca signing I'm really keen to see how he approaches the role, whether he plays as deep as we've seen Vards and Kelechi so far and what he does when he's there.

...can't see the point of getting in a striker who will replicate the movements of our existing number one and number two strikers!!!

The biggest thing about him is that he can head a ball, as opposed to putting his head in the way of the flight of the ball and hoping it goes in the direction he needs it to do. I would suspect that he will be further up the field with hold-up play and good movement off the ball. With all the balls we keep putting into the box, there will be someone competent to utilise the service.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...can't see the point of getting in a striker who will replicate the movements of our existing number one and number two strikers!!!

The biggest thing about him is that he can head a ball, as opposed to putting his head in the way of the flight of the ball and hoping it goes in the direction he needs it to do. I would suspect that he will be further up the field with hold-up play and good movement off the ball. With all the balls we keep putting into the box, there will be someone competent to utilise the service.

You reckon the penalty box has looked a bit tame because Enzo's compromised his system to fit Vardy and Nacho, or because Vardy and Nacho haven't been playing well enough within the system?

I'd love Cannon to be an effective bit of the jigsaw - threats down both sides and a fox in the box would be amazing.

27 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

You reckon the penalty box has looked a bit tame because Enzo's compromised his system to fit Vardy and Nacho, or because Vardy and Nacho haven't been playing well enough within the system?

I'd love Cannon to be an effective bit of the jigsaw - threats down both sides and a fox in the box would be amazing.

...the latter...!!!

It is pointless for them to play so deep, it is not Vardy's game, it should be Nacho's but he has not got the hang of what is needed from him. As you said, a fox in the box is what we need, we have had breakaways and the striker is not where he needs to be, let us hope Cannon stays high enough to get on the end of crosses and can hold up the ball for support from the midfield.

• Like 2