Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Buying him now means that he will be watching us play and train and be up to speed with Enzoball by January when he's needed.

Which rumours? The ones on here from our brigade of junior doctors who have mentioned everything from six weeks to a year?

Hopefully you haven't heard something more serious and reliable.

Yea good point. 

I'm just going off what Enzo said about similar to praet by assuming this means his period of time out which they'd said 12 to 14 weeks. Hopefully I've misunderstood 

If he's as good as what I've seen of him (which is minimal) then it's a cracking signing

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Break in vertebrae very painful , min 6 weeks plus rehab  so 12 weeks min. Imo. Does depend when he did it; transfer took ages (now understandable), so may be a little less.

the healing of the stress fracture is the easy so to speak, that is the easiest sort of time frame to predict(usually 6/8 weeks for it to heal), training part which we cant predict as easy, since too soon will cause a set back and too late will hinder the team and player, 

can imagine if anything at the start is will be light train in the pool or something, so as to not put massive pressure on the back, then build it up

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

So many doctors and medical experts in this thread! We’re lucky to have them, along with the clairvoyants who also know the exact nature of the injury itself  

Don't mock.  With all the current NHS strikes we need as many medical experts as we can get :)

38 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Any news on the lad?

We've signed a player for the future so that other teams didn't get there first

He happens to be injured at the minute

Despite these two clear points lots of people are having a meltdown about us signing an injured player... despite the fact we don't currently need him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We've got three strikers other than Cannon and I imagine we could play a  false 9 formation if we really wanted to with the likes of Casadei, Mavididi, Akgun and Fatawu probably capable of doing a job for 1 game or 2 if given the right support.

So hopefully we can wait for the lad to get fit, and him and Praet will be like 2 new signings in and around January. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

I can’t believe any club would spend a few million on a player with a stress fracture to the back. I’m assuming it was missed during the medical and this ‘one for the future’ was to save face. Let’s be honest he was bought for the championship. 

No Enzo said they knew about it. It's not like it's a career ending injury. Didn't Gazza sign for Lazio after he'd done his knee for Spurs? Pretty sure there's other examples of it through the years too.

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

No Enzo said they knew about it. It's not like it's a career ending injury. Didn't Gazza sign for Lazio after he'd done his knee for Spurs? Pretty sure there's other examples of it through the years too.

We signed Maddison whilst he had a knee ligament injury

• Like 1

Cannon & ball will be just fine regarding the fracture. I’ve had a few over the years mostly in my foot and they all heal 100% just gotta give it time.

now it’s what he does next after as he will be unfit, no match sharpness, re training all over again. He will get back to his best but how long it takes is upto him and his body.

this one has to be managed very very carefully at seagrave.