Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 minute ago, shen said:

I'm amazed at how many have so quickly thrown in the towel. It's like our fate is already sealed even when it's still in our hands.

If the team lacks spine, then parts of our fanbase are doing their best to mirror them.

All the teams near the top have had bad spells. Even when we were working things out, we were winning matches but you can't go through a 46-game season and not have a blip. And having a blip in this season, unfortunately, means that three other excellent teams will challenge you.

All the others (with Southampton now dropping off slightly) have come through and are charging again. We need to do the same. If we can't, we don't deserve to win the league in this extraordinary season.

Even during this bad spell, we've been creating chances AND we beat a Premier League team and gave another one a decent game.

We can come through this playing the Enzo way. It isn't all doom and gloom. It's more nervy than we'd have hoped, but hopefully the fire is lit in the players now and we can kick on and finish the job.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shen said:

I'm amazed at how many have so quickly thrown in the towel. It's like our fate is already sealed even when it's still in our hands.

If the team lacks spine, then parts of our fanbase are doing their best to mirror them.

You can't really lack spine over something you have no control over. You can have confidence or a lack of confidence in someone to do a job. 

I wonder if our Rudders have a similar philosophy.

Financial director: "You're spending far too much money and the club is going to fail to comply with FFP/PSR."

Rudkin and Whelan: "Ohhh you've not got any bottle lad. If you just believe in us then maybe we'll be fine"

• Like 2

So now he's saying Doyle and Coady aren't quick so that's why they Rent playing as much. Jesus Christ we might recruit in alignment with our coaches tactics one day. How much must Coady be on and he's not being picked because of a flaw we knew he had when we signed him.

Beggars belief. 

12 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

So now he's saying Doyle and Coady aren't quick so that's why they Rent playing as much. Jesus Christ we might recruit in alignment with our coaches tactics one day. How much must Coady be on and he's not being picked because of a flaw we knew he had when we signed him.

Beggars belief. 

Nothing really beggars belief. You can see with your own eyes how slow Doyle is, so JJ gets the nod if the oppo has pacy attacks. Coady isn't playing because Vestergaard is a better player. Coady and Vestergaard are seen as the player in the same position really, and to counter act them both being slow one of the faster options is picked to cover.

I think the club genuinely had no idea how Vesty was going to turn out this year. Did you?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Nothing really beggars belief. You can see with your own eyes how slow Doyle is, so JJ gets the nod if the oppo has pacy attacks. Coady isn't playing because Vestergaard is a better player. Coady and Vestergaard are seen as the player in the same position really, and to counter act them both being slow one of the faster options is picked to cover.

I think the club genuinely had no idea how Vesty was going to turn out this year. Did you?

Fancy a job alongside Rudkin? You'd fit in well.

19 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Beggars belief. 

This also cannot be the reason when continuing to play Vestegaard..? Life sentences go quicker than Jannik. 

Edited by CaliFOXnia
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I suspect Coady gets his place back next year where we need a better defender and not an extra midfielder trying to break down a low block.

Its possible that Vesty doesn't even get a new contract despite being one of our best players this year, though I suspect we will try and re-sign him on lower wages than he is currently on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

Fancy a job alongside Rudkin? You'd fit in well.

Oh behave! I just dont think this one is particularly difficult.  Have you seen how slow Doyle is?! He excels in games where teams sit back, and against Norwich he was superb. But even after we scored to go 2-1 Norwich targeted his side and you could even see his stuggling for pace a little bit. I think he will start against Brum, because what he offers in transition is brilliant compared to JJ. But if we are facing a team with fast wing threats, its likely going to be JJ starting.

Seriously, after being ostracised by Rodgers, being made to train on his own, then getting injured in an under 23s match the Dean Smith was watching where the U23;s got hammered, did you ever think that Vestergaard would end up being one of the players of the season? I don't blame the club for recruiting Coady, but he is kept out by the better player. The thing for Coady, is that better player likely wont be here next year, and we are a club who probably wont be able to buy anyone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kenny said:

I suspect Coady gets his place back next year where we need a better defender and not an extra midfielder trying to break down a low block.

Its possible that Vesty doesn't even get a new contract despite being one of our best players this year, though I suspect we will try and re-sign him on lower wages than he is currently on.

Just replied the same. Coady could well come into his own next season and form a good partnership with Ben Nelson along the way.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kenny said:

If you're wanting a better defender then Coady isn't your man. If he gets any significan game time I can guarantee the tune will change on him pretty quickly.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Oh behave! I just dont think this one is particularly difficult.  Have you seen how slow Doyle is?! He excels in games where teams sit back, and against Norwich he was superb. But even after we scored to go 2-1 Norwich targeted his side and you could even see his stuggling for pace a little bit. I think he will start against Brum, because what he offers in transition is brilliant compared to JJ. But if we are facing a team with fast wing threats, its likely going to be JJ starting.

Seriously, after being ostracised by Rodgers, being made to train on his own, then getting injured in an under 23s match the Dean Smith was watching where the U23;s got hammered, did you ever think that Vestergaard would end up being one of the players of the season? I don't blame the club for recruiting Coady, but he is kept out by the better player. The thing for Coady, is that better player likely wont be here next year, and we are a club who probably wont be able to buy anyone. 

He's an Enzo signing! He knows how quick he is! We have had a huge issue in recent weeks with him not only sticking by a select 12/13 but running then into the ground by giving them all 90 minutes. 

He's not managing Rotherham. He's managing to make it look like he's the worst treated manager in football. I would accept it if he'd come in last minute but I'm sick of the excuses. 

This week we announce these losses and we can add Enzo signings to the waste because he's signed them and realised they're slow?

It's infuriating to me. 

4 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

He's an Enzo signing! He knows how quick he is! We have had a huge issue in recent weeks with him not only sticking by a select 12/13 but running then into the ground by giving them all 90 minutes. 

He's not managing Rotherham. He's managing to make it look like he's the worst treated manager in football. I would accept it if he'd come in last minute but I'm sick of the excuses. 

This week we announce these losses and we can add Enzo signings to the waste because he's signed them and realised they're slow?

It's infuriating to me. 

Ranting doesnt make anything clearer. 

We signed Coady a few weeks after Enzo arrived. I don't think its hard to imagine that under the clubs advice, it was probably agreed that an alternative to Vestergaard was needed following all the issues previous management had with the player.  During pre season Coady got injured, Vesty stepped up and proved he was the better player. Vestergaard has had the nod ever since. 

Thats not to say that when Vestergaards contract is up and he goes on a free xfer to Man City (joking!) that Coady then doesn't step up himself. 

21 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Ranting doesnt make anything clearer. 

We signed Coady a few weeks after Enzo arrived. I don't think its hard to imagine that under the clubs advice, it was probably agreed that an alternative to Vestergaard was needed following all the issues previous management had with the player.  During pre season Coady got injured, Vesty stepped up and proved he was the better player. Vestergaard has had the nod ever since. 

Thats not to say that when Vestergaards contract is up and he goes on a free xfer to Man City (joking!) that Coady then doesn't step up himself. 

Would you use him once after his displays against Sunderland and Bournemouth and then talk about pace when you're playing Vesty?

I get what you're saying but none of them are too slow to play at home against teams who are sat deep. Then to blame tiredness as well. 

It's straight out the Pep handbook of having the best resources and still pretending the whole worlds against you. 

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Beggars belief. 

Matt Piper said Coady was shocked at how much we offered him and he doesn't play. Signed Cannon when we don't play the strikers on massive money we have. No wonder we are in debt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Claridge said:

Matt Piper said Coady was shocked at how much we offered him and he doesn't play. Signed Cannon when we don't play the strikers on massive money we have. No wonder we are in debt

Thank you. Felt like I was going mad for bringing this up. @Chelmofox you usually talk sense but I'm not having you on this one.