Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

7 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Not necessarily the style that's the problem, it's how he implements it and how he fails to adapt or change it when isn't it working. Either very stubborn or doesn't know how.

As i put in a previous post, when asked where it went wrong after the game, he said "i dont know, i'll need to look back and analyse the game as we had many chances", he also thought wilf, stephy and abdul played well.

I thought bristol cancelled out our wingers, stephy looked lazy and leggy at times, wilf was missing in big parts of the game, KDH was struggling to ind pockets and we needed a different approach. Perhaps Enzo doesnt read the game well

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Fox92 said:

All this “I will walk” vibes he gave off months ago when talking about getting criticised, I said back then I wasn’t bothered if he walked. Still not bothered. 

He’s inherited a good squad, good facilities and a good budget. Other teams would love to be able to spend £10m on an ex England international. Any half decent manager would have us top 3 anyway.

Reminds me of somebody else that does. Are Top's pants being pulled down again by any chance? 

The other thing that gets me is what are his coaching staff doing /thinking before and during these games.

I'm sure they get paid very well and must have an opinion on what's happening and how to rectify it as it will reflect badly on them as well for their own careers.

They must get or have an idea of the feelings of fans during games and after via social media and hear our concerns about how all this is panning out.

You imagine if you were Bristol City manager or a defender yesterday. You’d be thinking all the way through the second half he’s going to change it, he’s got to put a second striker on, he’s got to start overlapping with the wingers. 

Nothing. You’d come away thinking he’s only got where he has because of the Man City link. 

20 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Awful from Vardy but the manager ultimately has to take responsibility. We're so toothless and it was hardly like those chances were created as a result of our great play was it?

Why didn't he make more subs?

Why didn't he change the system?

What style of play are we actually trying to play at the moment?

He's culpable for all the above. We're completely directionless at the moment

Honestly did you see Leeds and Ipswich yesterday? Both of them look as ragged as we are, Leeds were completely out of ideas (for about the 10th time this season) and ended up getting an equaliser from 6 yard box ping-pong. Ipswich clung on to a one goal lead and got battered in the 2nd half.

Nobody is putting in vintage displays. One of the reasons I was dreading relegation is because it's always like this, God awful football in a bun fight of a division with teams dragging you down to their level. You get stuck in this league it's like quicksand. That's why we were here for a decade last time. It's why it took Leeds 14 years and Forest 23 years to get back out again. Clubs like Sheff Wed and Ipswich have rotted down here. People, including me, girly totally carried away with our massive points lead. Yes we shouldn't have lost it not even half of it but that's this division. It's not "competitive" it's just horrible.

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Honestly did you see Leeds and Ipswich yesterday? Both of them look as ragged as we are, Leeds were completely out of ideas (for about the 10th time this season) and ended up getting an equaliser from 6 yard box ping-pong. Ipswich clung on to a one goal lead and got battered in the 2nd half.

Nobody is putting in vintage displays. One of the reasons I was dreading relegation is because it's always like this, God awful football in a bun fight of a division with teams dragging you down to their level. You get stuck in this league it's like quicksand. That's why we were here for a decade last time. It's why it took Leeds 14 years and Forest 23 years to get back out again. Clubs like Sheff Wed and Ipswich have rotted down here. People, including me, girly totally carried away with our massive points lead. Yes we shouldn't have lost it not even half of it but that's this division. It's not "competitive" it's just horrible.

You’re right, neither of them played well and were as ragged as us. They did seem to edge it on desire though.

On 30/03/2024 at 11:05, iancognito said:

Leeds were way more intense pressing to regain possession than we were 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Leeds were way more intense pressing to regain possession than we were 

I wouldn’t say Leeds have been fantastic to be honest, but what they have done is show a lot more desire then our lot at the moment 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I wouldn’t say Leeds have been fantastic to be honest, but what they have done is show a lot more desire then our lot at the moment 

Intensity doesn’t necessarily equal success or good performances 

but it does reflect desire 

are we just too controlled ?  

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

We are trying to be too controlled but unable to manage it and teams just find it easy against us. You are right we have gone a little more direct but it isn’t being done with any hope or desire though. It’s a mixture of things, but mentality and having that composure on the ball are the biggest issue 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

We are trying to be too controlled but unable to manage it and teams just find it easy against us. You are right we have gone a little more direct but it isn’t being done with any hope or desire though. It’s a mixture of things, but mentality and having that composure on the ball are the biggest issue 

We make mistakes or get hit on the break... one or two goals a game 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

We make mistakes or get hit on the break... one or two goals a game 

Yeah it is frustrating and we know we can do better. Why are the mistakes happening and why do I feel we need to score 3 goals just to win a game at the moment. It’s even more annoying because I have to watch similar with Southgate and England so can’t catch a break lol 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes, definitely, more risk should equal more reward.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I don’t sense urgency in the team, when we go a goal down you just feel we aren’t getting anything. 

That was palpable on Friday. Bristol, with nothing to play for, were more urgent than us. That’s baffling and hugely problematic.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I don’t sense urgency in the team, when we go a goal down you just feel we aren’t getting anything. 

The urgency has been coached out. You okay this way and that’s it at all times. No panic. No drama. No drive. Pass pass pass lose it. There is no place for urgency. 

The more I think about it with him the more I think he's reigned it in like Rodgers did and it just waiting to be booted. I think our players and coaches start well and collapse because the summer approaches and they have their motivation taken away.

The performance served up on Friday was resembling of a team and manager who really don't care. They want to jump this ship.

I'll believe this until I'm presented with a reaction on the pitch to the contrary.

2 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

There is a common denominator in all of this, the owner and his sidekicks, I have little or no time for Rodgers, but the more you hear, it is highly likely that both Rodgers and Enzo were not made fully aware of the financial issues and constraints and both appear to have had the rug pulled from

beneath them. 

Communication and trust is critical and yet it would appear that the clubs hierarchy deem that the manager is not worthy of being fully updated on the financial situation. 

its is all well and good having champagne ambitions and selling the dream to potential managers and head coaches but not if you support them with lemonade senior execs and don’t have the respect to be open and honest in your dialogue with them. 

It appears to me we have made certain promises and commitments, Rodgers Refresh and I am fairly sure in the discussions with Enzo there was no hint of us breaching PSR, points deductions, embargo’s and fire sales. And yet here we are with a 2nd manager in little over 2 years being left to feel let down and another group of players looking for the exit door. 

I cannot believe how poorly mismanaged we have become, fans complain about lack of engagement from the clubs hierarchy and yet it appears this extends to the managers of our football club. If I were Enzo I would regroup with the players and literally say 8 games to go, let’s do this for ourselves and give us all a chance of securing decent moves away in the summer.

The project has died, there is no project that can be used as motivation. It has to be professional pride, desire to succeed and the opportunity to secure the best move and deal in the summer. 

What an utterly horrible and horrendous situation we find ourselves in and I have no doubt that come what may, we will start again in June with Rudkin and co still in place and our pool of potential managers and players continuing to diminish with each passing season. 

Rodgers rightly gets absolute pelters for taking us down, but this is beyond this now and all I see is the common denominators of Top, Rudkin and Whelan, something has to give and change immediately before this club is literally run into the ground. 

Managers take the fall for performances on the pitch yet why is it when our performance off the pitch is so horrific and is clearly affecting performance on the pitch, the owners are so reluctant to make the necessary changes. 

if the financial results are as bad as being reported and potentially we are on the verge of announcing the worst breach of PSR reported to date then surely Top cannot just sit back and ignore this and heads have to roll. Massive few days ahead in my opinion. 

I completely agree with all of this. I have come to no other conclusion now than we need a change of ownership. There is no more benefit of the doubt. The common denominator is the ownership, the culture of unaccountability, the loyalty to demonstrably inept, out of their depth, self-serving people. You can wince about it being a shame when it's costing you pushing bigger and better teams, but it's beyond that now. We are in terminal freefall. We are Portsmouth, Derby but behind their schedule.

Rodgers genuinely was not the main problem. He was a ****ing big one, but the longer time passes, the longer it's hard to not see him and his attitude as another symptom of what's above him. This season is playing out the same as the previous in almost eerie circumstances.

I would take protests at every game over promotion this season - but our fans are so blinkered by this ownership that I think you've got about as much chance of Brazil winning the Euros.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I completely agree with all of this. I have come to no other conclusion now than we need a change of ownership. There is no more benefit of the doubt. The common denominator is the ownership, the culture of unaccountability, the loyalty to demonstrably inept, out of their depth, self-serving people. You can wince about it being a shame when it's costing you pushing bigger and better teams, but it's beyond that now. We are in terminal freefall. We are Portsmouth, Derby but behind their schedule.

Rodgers genuinely was not the main problem. He was a ****ing big one, but the longer time passes, the longer it's hard to not see him and his attitude as another symptom of what's above him. This season is playing out the same as the previous in almost eerie circumstances.

I would take protests at every game over promotion this season - but our fans are so blinkered by this ownership that I think you've got about as much chance of Brazil winning the Euros.

I'm unsure about ownership change, it could be that top has completely lost interest. I just think he is too young and inexperienced for this project,  he needs the support and guidance of a strong team of people around him at senior level. I'm really surprised that we've not seen vociferous protests against Whelan and Rudkin as they are the common denominators, the watch keepers of this entire debacle, personally I'd like to see change there before new ownership.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

Surely he'll ring some changes for Norwich

The players look tired. Get some fresh legs on

95% of the players have just had the international break..   and then can't play a full 90 mins.

Football is their job, and keeping fit is a basic requirement.

But tired or not, you may see Ricky P and Daka as the only swaps, but nothing else will change, qué the turgid, formulaic, EnzoBall to send us all to sleep.

Surely if you are Vardy, you go to Enzo call it straight say this is falling apart but lets turn this around, I will retire you can move on in the summer, make me the captain the rest of the season.