Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

40 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

What's the plan if things go well... what's the plan if we dont win?

If things go well we were lucky because to win we only needed to take our chances. We have the best squad in the Championship so Enzo is a fraud.

If it goes badly Enzo is a fraud.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

If things go well we were lucky because to win we only needed to take our chances. We have the best squad in the Championship so Enzo is a fraud.

If it goes badly Enzo is a fraud.

Got it.... I will write it on my hand 

• Haha 2

Just now, StanSP said:

Yes well done for quoting something 7 months ago. 

Sort of wasn't having a pop at you mate 

It was the common sentiment at the time 

Shows how desperate we all were to believe 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Has Enzo tweaked things or have the players taken it upon themselves to be less passive?

Interesting wasn't it? 

Same personnel, same tactics but the players upped the intensity big time...the opening goal forced them to.

Exactly what we need to get out of this mess is that the players learn how to find a way,. mid game,.to win matches. It takes fight and hard running in addition to ability and tactics

14 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Has Enzo tweaked things or have the players taken it upon themselves to be less passive?

Said on the other thread but with Ricardo and Doyle, we have two more attacking players. This means KDH and Ndidi can play further forward as they’re not having to get the ball from the defence as Ricardo and Doyle bring it forward. This means they can threaten the opposition and drag defenders towards them, meaning the two wingers get more space. And hey presto goals came from out wide again. If we play Ricardo and Doyle in every game, we will improve more and more and KDH will be able to be an attacking threat again as he’ll have the ball far further forward. KDH and Winks have basically been doing the attacking work for 4 players. Even Casadei, is missed in this aspect. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Said on the other thread but with Ricardo and Doyle, we have two more attacking players. This means KDH and Ndidi can play further forward as they’re not having to get the ball from the defence as Ricardo and Doyle bring it forward. This means they can threaten the opposition and drag defenders towards them, meaning the two wingers get more space. And hey presto goals came from out wide again. If we play Ricardo and Doyle in every game, we will improve more and more and KDH will be able to be an attacking threat again as he’ll have the ball far further forward. KDH and Winks have basically been doing the attacking work for 4 players. Even Casadei, is missed in this aspect. 

This exactly and also it was obvious we threw more bodies into the box. In addition we tried more "blind" balls/crosses into the box. Many of our fans here called for all the above several times even way back when we were winning games.

I'm still disappointed Enzo doesn't change tactics drastically. Imo he treats all the opponents with way too much respect. His arrogance should have been directed towards them. All these teams have awful defenders, prone to mistakes all the time (like ours). Just put bodies inside the box, players to overlap, switch sides. 

I still think it's shocking that after so many bad results Enzo didn't even try Vardy and Iheanacho upfront, Pereira and Justin fully running the wings, KDH as a kinda false 9 and Ndidi pushing forward at times on the right side. 

Repeating what I said in the match thread (Unlike me I know!) but I was ready to flip my lid early on the game, bout the 7th minute where we were passing on the edge of our box, then stood still with the ball, there was abit of discontent from fans and Enzo threw his hands in the air as if to say "What?!"

On the flip side, as frustrating as is/he has been, it was great scenes when we scored the 3rd and him, Fatawu and Mavididi were jumping over each other.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Repeating what I said in the match thread (Unlike me I know!) but I was ready to flip my lid early on the game, bout the 7th minute where we were passing on the edge of our box, then stood still with the ball, there was abit of discontent from fans and Enzo threw his hands in the air as if to say "What?!"

On the flip side, as frustrating as is/he has been, it was great scenes when we scored the 3rd and him, Fatawu and Mavididi were jumping over each other.

I saw Enzo do the same. He’s feeling the pressure clearly.

On 01/04/2024 at 12:55, lcfcell said:

Haven’t hated a manager this much in a long time. Completely out of his depth. Arrogant and stubborn. Bin. 

image.png.2e9b544442dbede94f7666bfd57a3629.png 

Couldn’t help myself!