Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If we get promoted, and he probably leaves in the summer, as others have said we should go for Steve Cooper. 

I read that he's great in improving the mentality of players and wants his players to play attacking football.

If Enzo stays......he stays

Potter would be first choice again and Cooper likely second. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, westernpark said:

The bloke is so stubborn and he’s very sensitive. However, the passion I saw right in front of me, he’s no Rodgers. Enzo is authentic. 

We won't see the Team at it's best until he gets to sign a few of his own players. Then I think we'll see the team really take off.

• Like 2

Just now, Clever Fox said:

We won't see the Team at it's best until he gets to sign a few of his own players. Then I think we'll see the team really take off.

Definitely. However, I worry that we won’t be able to afford who he wants. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Definitely. However, I worry that we won’t be able to afford who he wants. 

Yes , That's a possibility But if he's does what he's doing with somone else's players, Imagine what he could do with his own picks.

He's improved our tempo in the last two games which has made a big difference not only to the results but to the Fans perception of the game.

It's much more exciting to watch.

Edited by Clever Fox
Spelling

13 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I don't get why anyone would want Cooper Forest played an absolutely disgusting style of football last year despite signing 800 players. 

Cooper played how he had to play, tbf. I dont think it was his preference. Just pragmatism. 

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He's improved our tempo in the last two games which has made a big difference

Hmmm,. I agree. But i.alos think the crowd and players have had a part in that. The Norwich game tempo was out of pure desperation

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Cooper played how he had to play, tbf. I dont think it was his preference. Just pragmatism. 

Hmmm,. I agree. But i.alos think the crowd and players have had a part in that. The Norwich game tempo was out of pure desperation

100% , The Fans are so crucial to lifting the players during games.

I don't think there's any chance at all he leaves if we go up.

We all know about the money problems but it would be a really strange move for him to walk away after getting us promoted, and there's no way in hell the club are binning him off if we go up.

When was the last time a manager in the top division walked away on a high? Klopp is doing it but he is the exception and is leaving as an all time club great. Football managers don't just walk away.

On 29/03/2024 at 15:38, Pliskin said:

Enzo has lost the dressing room, there’s. No way that he is getting it back, once that’s happened it’s game over. We’re a shambles and unless something is done, gos knows how this season could pan out. 

😏

Screenshot_20240407-001304-706.png

• Like 4

7 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I’m so baffled as to why anyone wants him to leave? 

Welcome back Rumble. People don’t like his style, seem to have continuous Dark Age Rodgers flashbacks, wants Pearson back to recapture their youth and/or also took offense when he said “if people don’t like my style I will leave”(that statement really needs context)

Seems a lovely bloke too me.   :dunno:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I don't get why anyone would want Cooper Forest played an absolutely disgusting style of football last year despite signing 800 players. 

This isn’t advocating either Enzo going or bringing in Cooper but would you rather go up and have a season like Forest last season or Burnley this where they are trying to play the ‘Pep way’ under Kompany and not laying a glove on anyone and getting beaten each week?

Also, signing the amount of players they did, for me, hindered Cooper and didn’t help him. Their style in the season they came up was much easier on the eye. Had they signed up their loanees and made a small number of additional, sensible signings, I think (sadly) they’d have done even better than they did.

One thing you have to remember is that he’s still playing with square pegs in round holes, given the rigidity/connection to his style. So a summer where we can specially recruit ballers (hopefully on sensible wages) will put us in a good position. 

If De Zerbi moves on from Brighton this summer, which is a distinct possibility, then I wouldn't be surprised if Brighton came sniffing.

He is mates with De Zerbi, and plays the same style of football.

So would fit seamlessly into how Brighton play, and with a bit of money to spend on players.

Us going up, is possibly as important to Enzos managerial career, in terms of him moving forward, as it is the club.

If we don't go up, he will be looked on as a manager that messed up from a position it was virtually impossible to mess up from, with arguably one of the best squads ever to play in the championship.

If we do go up though, he will be seen as a manager that even after suffering adversity, in terms of a loss of form, and all the off field stuff, he was someone who was able to turn it round and get us over the line.

Our future very likely determines Enzos future  in the short term at least.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lionator said:

One thing you have to remember is that he’s still playing with square pegs in round holes, given the rigidity/connection to his style. So a summer where we can specially recruit ballers (hopefully on sensible wages) will put us in a good position. 

The question is how? We need 7-8 players bare minimum who are premier league quality and can play this system. So who is going to be responsible for signing players who are: 

A) Prem quality 
B) Willing to accept low wages relative to league 

C) Cheap fee

D) Can play the system 

Friendly reminder we have Rudkin in charge 😂

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see if Enzo could - and if he would be willing to - wheel and deal in the transfer market,  bringing in players with the technical attributes to play his game on a budget.

He’s made some positive changes in the last few games. Yunus and Praet did well when they came on, particularly Yunus’ cross for the goal. My only possible comment was that he should have made those changes 10 mins earlier. Fatawu wasn’t on it, and Wilf looked knackered.