Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Our tactics have been completely sussed

to make them work with the opposition pressing one for one requires our players to be confident and brave 

sadly two things lacking

an old head like warnock worked us out early on and played aggressively that way at Huddersfield. Due to the poor standard of finishing at this level we got away with it. Now we are so far into the season there are plenty of examples how to counter our approach and opposition coaches can show their players that there’s nothing to fear. 

the only way this changes is for us to regain our mojo or change our tactics.  Given the pressure we’re after, I’m not sure how we manage that now because enzo won’t change the tactics and we won’t get our mojo back without a couple of wins. 

Yet he's the one that get's mocked and called a dinosaur all in the name of football snobbery.

Now, Warnock's not a fit for us neither am I saying he is or his style is what we need per se but the football snobbery is disgusting and pisses me off when the "modern manager" (Not just Enzo, the modern manager) is so often stubborn and won't change their "philosophies" to the point they throw their toys out the pram threatening to leave and some people lap it up.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

Thing is, we're not even playing the same style of play as we were at the start of the season. As turgid as that was a times, there were clear patterns of play and the idea being we create spaces over the pitch.

Now, we seem to rush the ball towards the final third and then kill the tempo, and when we don't do that, it's just pointless tapping it around. It's so telling that midfielders are never getting on the end of things at the moment and the attackers have to turn back every time

Completely agree with this, our patterns have completely gone. We keep the ball terribly compared to start of the season where we passed teams into submission.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LVFox said:

Completely agree with this, our patterns have completely gone. We keep the ball terribly compared to start of the season where we passed teams into submission.

Confidence and bravery on the ball to make the quick pass and create space 

both gone 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yet he's the one that get's mocked and called a dinosaur in the name of football snobbery.

Now, Warnock's not a fit for us neither am I saying he is or his style is what we need per se but the football snobbery pisses me off when the "modern manager" is so often stubborn and won't change their "philosophies" to the point they throw their toys out the pram threatening to leave and some people lap it up.

These set of fans have a wake up call coming, very soon we will be building a squad on motivated inexperienced players out of necessity, and we would be absolute bonkers to impose an ideological style of football on them so inevitably things will reset to sanity.

• Thanks 2

I called this month's ago and got absolute dogs abuse from the usual crowd.

There's absolutely nothing on Enzo's professional management CV to suggest he was any good, and now we can see why.

Genuinely believe that the majority of this forum could have us in a better position than Enzo has us.

The team almost picks itself, and he still gets it wrong!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I called this month's ago and got absolute dogs abuse from the usual crowd.

There's absolutely nothing on Enzo's professional management CV to suggest he was any good, and now we can see why.

Genuinely believe that the majority of this forum could have us in a better position than Enzo has us.

The team almost picks itself, and he still gets it wrong!

"Yeah but you just say these things so that when it goes wrong you can say 'Told ya so!' "

*Sarcasm*....but some people would genuinely claim that's what you're doing lol 

To those people, no one is taking any pleasure at what's unfolding, but if warning signs, red flags are there they need to be discussed, if those warning signs and red flags unfold and transpire to happen of which they generally do perhaps something should have been done when they were first mentioned rather than burying heads in the sand.

9 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Our style of play is totally reliant on the players being on form and confident in their passing.

It’s not a way of playing that is particularly resilient to injuries/players not playing at their best.

It is also surprisingly rigid, particularly given Enzo’s refusal to play a second forward (even when behind!)

Too many fans have turned a blind eye to this obvious fact, instead demanding everyone else “buys into” it.

I like Enzo. But as the season has gone on, his inexperience as a manager has become more and more obvious…

Totally. The formula is no longer working. For numerous reasons. Yet we have a manager who seems resistant or unable to vary it. Be that pre match or during a game. A real worry. It's either a lack or ideas or stubbornness. Both are not great traits for success!!

Just listened to when you're smiling on dog walk.

Enzos post match interview worried me.

Opening question.

"What do you think went wrong today Enzo?"

"I don't know, i need to look back and analyse it as we had many chances".

"You only made 2 changes out of the 5, why was that?"

"Because i thought all the players playing well, Abdul, Stephy, Wilf, all played well"

I think these 2 answers tell you why we're having the problems we're having, especially embarrasing for Matty Fryatt who prior spent the whole podcast saying those players didnt have a good game and perhaps itd been better to change it. Every Pro i've heard on our losses or near losses are baffled by the Enzo way.

• Sad 1

I don’t think we are going up, now in one of the automatic places. I want Enzo to start introducing someone will Braybook/Alves into the team, just to freshen things up and hope they have an impact in time for the playoffs and if we don’t get up via the playoffs, they’ve gained some exposure to the championship. 

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

All this “I will walk” vibes he gave off months ago when talking about getting criticised, I said back then I wasn’t bothered if he walked. Still not bothered. 

He’s inherited a good squad, good facilities and a good budget. Other teams would love to be able to spend £10m on an ex England international. Any half decent manager would have us top 3 anyway.

Fella won’t even make a sub with a game in three days and carrying player who’ve played 180 mins post injury in an international break 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Just listened to when you're smiling on dog walk.

Enzos post match interview worried me.

Opening question.

"What do you think went wrong today Enzo?"

"I don't know, i need to look back and analyse it as we had many chances".

"You only made 2 changes out of the 5, why was that?"

"Because i thought all the players playing well, Abdul, Stephy, Wilf, all played well"

I think these 2 answers tell you why we're having the problems we're having, especially embarrasing for Matty Fryatt who prior spent the whole podcast saying those players didnt have a good game and perhaps itd been better to change it. Every Pro i've heard on our losses or near losses are baffled by the Enzo way.

No wonder Hales said she wasn't happy, crazy answers.

So basically those answers tell us he only will sub if he thinks the player is having a poor game and he doesnt consider changing the system as a reason to swap players.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

All this “I will walk” vibes he gave off months ago when talking about getting criticised, I said back then I wasn’t bothered if he walked. Still not bothered. 

He’s inherited a good squad, good facilities and a good budget. Other teams would love to be able to spend £10m on an ex England international. Any half decent manager would have us top 3 anyway.

Does anyone in our fanbase feel anything for him? No connection at all, at lets be honest, he's not made an effort to create one. At least Rodgers in the early days did that

No great relationships in football nowadays just pay cheques.  Those who come in, those who go out. Adulation for 5 minute fame brigade is ridiculous.  

Ownership is clearly all over the shop coupled with a manager who has 1 dimension only. Whisper it quietly but the league worked it out months ago. 

As I said in the sack him thread, I'd argue any manager remotely worth their salary should be taking this considerably overpowered and previously mismanaged squad straight back up. Enzo most definitely hasn't worked any miracles here and his 2D plan A has most definitely stopped working. Nice guy, some decent ideas but ultimately extremely naive and inexperienced with his gameplans, subs and tactics. Despite our position, we have played wank most the season. Far from convinced he is the man to see this through and most definitely not the man that would keep us up in the Prem. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

It's around then we stopped playing the Enzo way, too. 

It'd be extreme of me to suggest that the last couple of months have been Enzo's revenge, but my God what I'd give for the 'boring' performances from before that interview.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

As I said in the sack him thread, I'd argue any manager remotely worth their salary should be taking this considerably overpowered and previously mismanaged squad straight back up. Enzo most definitely hasn't worked any miracles here and his 2D plan A has most definitely stopped working. Nice guy, some decent ideas but ultimately extremely naive and inexperienced with his gameplans, subs and tactics. Despite our position, we have played wank most the season. Far from convinced he is the man to see this through and most definitely not the man that would keep us up in the Prem. 

He has adopted a style which is fast catching on though, i'm seeing many teams playing a similar style, watford yesterday for example, i think where many teams are different is they probably change it where required 

• Like 1

I think he needs to go at the end of the season regardless of which league we are playing in next season. If we do somehow get promoted, it will be grim in the prem with him in charge. 

8 hours ago, Nod.E said:

It's around then we stopped playing the Enzo way, too. 

It'd be extreme of me to suggest that the last couple of months have been Enzo's revenge, but my God what I'd give for the 'boring' performances from before that interview.

Yes we did change, we went far more attack minded, probably to the expense of our defense, i'd doubt it was the 'gerrit forward' crowd influenced him though, more like a request the players. I think the way forward now is to play in a way with priority not to concede, we play better with doyle at the back, and faes on the left to accomodate coady would be useless, so we need to motor on with that boring passing at the back and pick our moments more carefully, no forward runs from vestegaard or faes and lets play coady 

27 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

He has adopted a style which is fast catching on though, i'm seeing many teams playing a similar style, watford yesterday for example, i think where many teams are different is they probably change it where required 

Not necessarily the style that's the problem, it's how he implements it and how he fails to adapt or change it when isn't it working. Either very stubborn or doesn't know how.