Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

A whole new defence.

Faes - get some money for him

Vesty - thanks for the season and goodbye

Doyle - Thanks but no thanks

Justin - Bench option at best

Some grit and bite, we're too cute and fluffy.

New 1st choice striker.

Backup wingers.

Other than that, we're good :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ForeverandEver said:

Yes please

Absolutely caused carnage.

If the price is right then yes, he’s impressed me, he’s got a bite about him that I like. Can he play the high 8 role though? 

Ohares names being used a bit. Personally can't stand him, but he's the type that would get under the skin of the opposition and has a trick or two, so I wouldn't be against it.

Mcatee from sheff United 

Quite like the idea of Barclay 

An absolute must though is a goalscorer, seen what a difference Szmodics goals have made for Blackburn and we're going to need that in the Premier league, ideally with a bit more of a physical presence too. All the teams at the bottom that tend to scrape their way in to survival tend to do so off the back of a player like Wood, DCL, Awonyi, Benteke etc.. maybe a punt on someone like that Adebayo at Luton. Although not sure he'd suit the Enzo way 

I think the most work we have to do is that backline. Need a lot more pace if we do push that high up the pitch. Although arguably we won't be able to push that high up against PL sides. Either way, we need defenders who are good on the transition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

If the price is right then yes, he’s impressed me, he’s got a bite about him that I like. Can he play the high 8 role though? 

Mate is a posh fan. Said he played as a 10 for them and can’t believe how many goals he’s got, reckoned never looked like he had that in him. 

We aren’t going to be able to pay much in terms of fees at all i would imagine. Can see loans and free transfers being the business we do… midfield pick 3 or 4 out of Sensi, Brownhill, O’Hare, Barkley, McAtee depending on who leaves 

5 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Mate is a posh fan. Said he played as a 10 for them and can’t believe how many goals he’s got, reckoned never looked like he had that in him. 

And that’s the issue, is this a bit like Craig makail smith or whatever his name was, just a one season wonder? 

For the money Blackburn apparently want for him, I'd not want to find out.

He'll be 29 in September. People can spit all the late bloomer stuff out and the Vardy line, and if he costs the same as Vardy then it's a goer. But he won't.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Always a worry when a player doesn’t score loads and then has an amazing season.  

On 01/05/2024 at 11:55, Ric Flair said:

I've been championing Harrison Burrows for a few months now. Contract up this summer and got a similar profile as Leif Davis had last season. I'd take a chance on him.

Surely worth a look.  we've had some luck in the past with players from lower leagues. Well spoken of too.

23 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I had this discussion with my lad this morning, I think he is one of those players who has had an absolute freak season and I think he will be a bit of a flop at premier league level, my lad disagreed. Then sammie bags a brace and my lad is smug as, however I still think it. It’s a no for me 

28 years old and one decent season. It’s going to take a leap of faith for a prem club to go for him. 

Loads of strapping on his legs too. 

• Like 1

On 03/05/2024 at 21:33, Ric Flair said:

Did you think the same about Cambiasso after his year at Leicester? We need as many leaders as possible next season to overcome what we could be hit with. A couple of experienced signings to replace the outgoing experience will be needed.

No but how did you feel about the likes of Iborra or Inler? 2 players also at the arse end of their career that did nothing of note for us. And they were both younger than Reus. They were also central (defensive) mids so like Cambiasso they probably didn't need to adapt as much, Reus has been a winger for the majority of his career and moved into an attacking midfield role because he's not got the legs for playing wide anymore. And that's in Germany. So he's not going to be able to play the wing at Premier League pace imo and we don't play with attacking mids in the way he plays for Dortmund.  And despite him being a Dortmund legend, I've never seen him as much of a leader.  He'd need to transform into an 8, and he just isn't going to have the legs imo.

9 hours ago, JimJams said:

No but how did you feel about the likes of Iborra or Inler? 2 players also at the arse end of their career that did nothing of note for us. And they were both younger than Reus. They were also central (defensive) mids so like Cambiasso they probably didn't need to adapt as much, Reus has been a winger for the majority of his career and moved into an attacking midfield role because he's not got the legs for playing wide anymore. And that's in Germany. So he's not going to be able to play the wing at Premier League pace imo and we don't play with attacking mids in the way he plays for Dortmund.  And despite him being a Dortmund legend, I've never seen him as much of a leader.  He'd need to transform into an 8, and he just isn't going to have the legs imo.

Iborra and Inlers careers were significantly less impressive than Reus and Cambiasso. 

Sometimes having an older head who’s had such a good career can be massive, especially at the foot of the table. Don’t underestimate the influence Cambiasso had on the squad the season we stayed up. 

However, Reus has a rancid injury record, that’s what would put me off.