Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

8 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Haha, just every time I come across her in the news it baffles me she isn’t called out for her views/behaviour. 

Godwin’s law. Rightly or wrongly, she knows she can win arguments but bringing up the idea that people wanted to destroy all Jews. And that’s a very powerful argument. 

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Godwin’s law. Rightly or wrongly, she knows she can win arguments but bringing up the idea that people wanted to destroy all Jews. And that’s a very powerful argument. 

She has an inflated view of herself 

she believes she matters 

sadly people who have smoke blown up their backsides often end up like this 

why so many high profile people feel the need to publicly comment on things before there is evidence of what has happened baffles me. Have some patience but better still just don’t bother commenting unless it actually concerns you directly or you actually have something useful to say about it. 

27 minutes ago, Lionator said:

If Israel really want to hurt Iran, they should leave Gaza and sign a formal agreement with Saudi Arabia asap.

You mean like it was on Oct 6th?

maybe those un named Saudi royal family member comments from yesterday are true (not that this isn’t something that wasn’t pointed out on this thread shortly after oct 7th) 

Edited by st albans fox

20 minutes ago, Lionator said:

If Israel really want to hurt Iran, they should leave Gaza and sign a formal agreement with Saudi Arabia asap.

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You mean like it was on Oct 6th?

maybe those un named Saudi royal family member comments from yesterday are true (not that this isn’t something that was pointed out on this thread shortly after oct 7th) 

What did I miss?

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

I’m naive here but why does Iran care if Saudi sign normalisation terms with Israel ? Surely it works in their favour (well at least in their perverse view of the world). It gives the ammunition against Saudi for signing with the Israelies.  

36 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m naive here but why does Iran care if Saudi sign normalisation terms with Israel ? Surely it works in their favour (well at least in their perverse view of the world). It gives the ammunition against Saudi for signing with the Israelies.  

I presume that they don’t want Israel normalising with too many Arab countries because they need to have an enemy to help maintain control over their population if things become difficult domestically. 

at the moment Israel has normalised diplomatic relations with Arab countries as follows:  Egypt, Jordan, UAE, Morocco, Bahrain, Oman  (probably another one or two) 

if Saudi were to do the same then whose to says that other Sunni majority counties such as Algeria and Tunisia don’t follow ?? Iran does not want a two state solution. Israel normalising relations with more and more Arab countries will surely mean that this is more likely over time. It is in Iran’s interest for Israel to be isolated as much as possible within the Arab world.  As we’ve discussed on here several times, Iran is invested in the chaos of the Middle East - eventually Israel will elect a government that will negotiate with the Palestinians.  Iran does not want that. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I presume that they don’t want Israel normalising with too many Arab countries because they need to have an enemy to help maintain control over their population if things become difficult domestically. 

at the moment Israel has normalised diplomatic relations with Arab countries as follows:  Egypt, Jordan, UAE, Morocco, Bahrain, Oman  (probably another one or two) 

if Saudi were to do the same then whose to says that other Sunni majority counties such as Algeria and Tunisia don’t follow ?? Iran does not want a two state solution. Israel normalising relations with more and more Arab countries will surely mean that this is more likely over time. It is in Iran’s interest for Israel to be isolated as much as possible within the Arab world.  As we’ve discussed on here several times, Iran is invested in the chaos of the Middle East - eventually Israel will elect a government that will negotiate with the Palestinians.  Iran does not want that. 

Yeah, that’s what I’m struggling to understand. Perhaps I shouldn’t try to understand a regime very few due! 

If you want to create chaos, which is what they want to do, surely they’d want the holders of the two most importance sites to the region,   sign the normalisation, to (in their mind, because it absolutely won’t happen) create an uprising and overcome the leadership. 

A sort of 3 lions, “bomb the mosque” scenario. Iran are an extreme Shia movement, no friends of anybody, including mainstream shias. If you’re looking to create chaos, let your arch enemy, the salafi Saudis sign the deal. 

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Yeah, that’s what I’m struggling to understand. Perhaps I shouldn’t try to understand a regime very few due! 

If you want to create chaos, which is what they want to do, surely they’d want the holders of the two most importance sites to the region,   sign the normalisation, to (in their mind, because it absolutely won’t happen) create an uprising and overcome the leadership. 

A sort of 3 lions, “bomb the mosque” scenario. Iran are an extreme Shia movement, no friends of anybody, including mainstream shias. If you’re looking to create chaos, let your arch enemy, the salafi Saudis sign the deal. 

if Israel and the Palestinians are going to negotiate then Palestine will need Arab countries to guarantee their safety because Israel would not allow them to have a military.  it’s going to be complicated. The more Arab countries that Israel has normalised relations with the better in this context. it all adds to the trust element between the two peoples.  Iran needs to have enemies other than fellow Muslim states - Middle East peace is not wanted by them.  

• Like 1

On 14/04/2024 at 13:11, Sampson said:

Remember the post London 2012 Olympics high? Sadly was just a short lived thing

Since 2016 and the Brexit referendum, the world has just been spiralling ever more horrendously out of control 

(not claiming cause and effect more that the Brexit referendum was the first really strong sign of how politics is destabilising)

I think in the last half decade or so what we understand as 'stability' gets a little bit stretched every year. Each year seems to bring something that I would have guessed in 2010 would be the second biggest event of my lifetime after 9/11, yet they no longer feel that unprecedented or even shocking. 

"Deadly" Derek Underwood, Kent & England spin bowler (England's highest wicket-taking spinner), has died: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/apr/15/derek-underwood-outstanding-england-cricket-spinner-dies-aged-78

Often perceived as a "defensive" bowler - bowled quick and flat for a spinner, often with little variation but phenomenal accuracy. He'd often tie down opposing batsmen, allowing very few runs, even in good batting conditions, to the overall benefit of the bowling/fielding side if they got rash/impatient or runs dried up. But could be "deadly" in difficult batting conditions. A bit like a spin-bowling Glenn McGrath or Curtly Ambrose?

I went to lots of Kent county cricket matches as a teenager in the 70s, so saw a fair bit of "Deadly" Derek. Indeed, the bastard once told me off for leaning on his nice, shiny car while waiting for his autograph. :S

"One day you're Deadly, next day you're dead". :(

So what's happened to the Deathlist Thread, then? I see it's locked. Is that a mods/admin policy decision, I wonder, or have people been naughty in that thread? :dunno:

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

"Deadly" Derek Underwood, Kent & England spin bowler (England's highest wicket-taking spinner), has died: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/apr/15/derek-underwood-outstanding-england-cricket-spinner-dies-aged-78

Often perceived as a "defensive" bowler - bowled quick and flat for a spinner, often with little variation but phenomenal accuracy. He'd often tie down opposing batsmen, allowing very few runs, even in good batting conditions, to the overall benefit of the bowling/fielding side if they got rash/impatient or runs dried up. But could be "deadly" in difficult batting conditions. A bit like a spin-bowling Glenn McGrath or Curtly Ambrose?

I went to lots of Kent county cricket matches as a teenager in the 70s, so saw a fair bit of "Deadly" Derek. Indeed, the bastard once told me off for leaning on his nice, shiny car while waiting for his autograph. :S

"One day you're Deadly, next day you're dead". :(

So what's happened to the Deathlist Thread, then? I see it's locked. Is that a mods/admin policy decision, I wonder, or have people been naughty in that thread? :dunno:

there started to be a few comments coming in that started to wish certain people were dead. It might be something different but I remember thinking a few comments were particularly distasteful..

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Ooh it would be an interesting legal debate on whether breathing is intentional or not.

I didn’t want to be a boblet but if you do it in your sleep, I’m guessing it’s not intentional?

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Remember her ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68821646

Obviously come out trying to make a few headlines .

Of course she endorses Trump, both of them are just so delusional and with a massive undeserved inflated sense of self importance and arrogance. Liz barely has any followers apart from Holly Valance while Trump continues to have the support from his delusional base.

• Like 1