Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

5 hours ago, SpacedX said:

The Soviet Union tracked all the Apollo missions to the moon and even attempted to beat Apollo 11 to the lunar surface through the unmanned Luna 15. Its trajectory was completely to cock and it ended up crashing into a mountain about 350 miles from Tranquility Base where the Eagle has already landed. They acknowledged the success of the latter and they would have been all over such a hoax in a nano-second which would have been impossible to conceal at the time, not to mention, over half a century later. 

Possibly one of the most ridiculous theories that the deniers cling to. Aside from the fact that even today, convincingly faking continuous uncut footage in a vacuum and 1/6th g would be utterly impossible, the special effects in '2001: A Space Odyssey' didn't remotely resemble the Apollo of the lunar landings. Moreover, Douglas Trumbull was responsible for this, not Kubrick, and the whereabouts, projects and activity of the man are completely accounted for throughout all of the Apollo missions 1969 - 1972. Furthermore, there is no way that man of Kubrick's stubborn and defiant nature- and character would have compromised his artistic integrity for the US government. I'll mention it before anyone else inevitably does, he was such a perfectionist, he would have insisted on filming it on location. Amusingly, much of this horseshit stems from an excerpt from an appalling film made by T Patrick Murray, called 'Shooting Stanley Kubrick' featuring a deathbed confession. The actor cast in the role, (Tom Mayk), doesn't look or sound remotely like him, but that doesn't stop it being consumed and regurgitated by gullible social media addicts. 

'Diamonds are Forever' and 'Capricorn One'...why is it even necessary to explain to these people that these are a work of fiction? 

Really fascinating stuff. I've seen the Soyuz unit and thought "no chance you'd get me in that". 

The other one is that I think it's generally been accepted for nigh on a thousand years that the earth is round. Ever since we could see stars and the moon. I believe the arguments were over the actual size of the planet. How people can think it's flat is just beyond me. 

10 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Really fascinating stuff. I've seen the Soyuz unit and thought "no chance you'd get me in that". 

The other one is that I think it's generally been accepted for nigh on a thousand years that the earth is round. Ever since we could see stars and the moon. I believe the arguments were over the actual size of the planet. How people can think it's flat is just beyond me. 

Well, an oblate spheroid, owing to the fact that it has a very slightly smaller radius at the poles than at the equator.

By 500BC most Ancient Greeks understood that the Earth was round, but had no idea of its size. In 240BC Eratosthenes devised a method to estimating its circumference at 24,390 miles, which incredibly close to the actual figure, 24,855 miles.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

This is like me saying I am a long term devotee of Head bags cos I had one in the 80s like everyone else.

image.png.825dba98594961fe207e70fd164b0497.png

Did Jon have the 'hat' as well?

81cvxUXViL._AC_UY1000_.thumb.jpg.75399b7769c196517ea00fcb68cd0668.jpg

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The noise around the Iranians attacking Israel gets louder 

I still think whatever they decide to do, they’ll do it via Hezbollah and houthis rather than themselves.  Hezbollah may not be overly keen on really ramping up stuff though. 

Think iran are almost reluctant to act as it is so obvious it'd be playing into Netanyahu and his coalition's hands. They'd love an excuse to go into Lebanon or sling stuff at Iran as it keeps them in a war cabinet, and in government. 

23 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Think iran are almost reluctant to act as it is so obvious it'd be playing into Netanyahu and his coalition's hands. They'd love an excuse to go into Lebanon or sling stuff at Iran as it keeps them in a war cabinet, and in government. 

Israel’s attack on Iran was pretty surgical in taking out generals and other army figures.  Do Iran need to be just as targeted in their response? Responding by random targeting of civilian areas would surely be less likely to be seen as reasonable.  Causing severe damage/loss of life at a military installation would surely be seen as being proportionate? 

re the political aspect, netenyahu can only go so far with his military before it’s obvious what he’s doing.  The strike in Damascus was justified by one of the generals apparently being involved in oct 7 planning.  whilst the ultra nationalists in his coalition wouldn’t be opposed to anything aggressive, there are others who would not support blatant war mongering towards Hezbollah in s Lebanon or Iran itself  to keep him in power. 

Edited by st albans fox

13 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

North Korean nutter is telling his people now is the right time to prepare for war....I feel for the people of Korea under his rule, they're really suffering 

Whoop. 

Where’s this come from bud? The world is on a Fcuking knife edge. 

Edited by casablancas
Really incriminating typo haha
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The noise around the Iranians attacking Israel gets louder 

I still think whatever they decide to do, they’ll do it via Hezbollah and houthis rather than themselves.  Hezbollah may not be overly keen on really ramping up stuff though. 

7 hours ago, Zear0 said:

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Israel’s attack on Iran was pretty surgical in taking out generals and other army figures.  Do Iran need to be just as targeted in their response? Responding by random targeting of civilian areas would surely be less likely to be seen as reasonable.  Causing severe damage/loss of life at a military installation would surely be seen as being proportionate? 

re the political aspect, netenyahu can only go so far with his military before it’s obvious what he’s doing.  The strike in Damascus was justified by one of the generals apparently being involved in oct 7 planning.  whilst the ultra nationalists in his coalition wouldn’t be opposed to anything aggressive, there are others who would not support blatant war mongering towards Hezbollah in s Lebanon or Iran itself  to keep him in power. 

Iran are not stupid enough to attack mainland Israel.. they’ll probably reciprocate the ‘ political blunder’ and attack an Israeli embassy somewhere..

My guess is that it will be somewhere in Russia, with absolutely no help from the Russians of course… they’d never turn a blind eye to something like that

11 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

North Korean nutter is telling his people now is the right time to prepare for war....I feel for the people of Korea under his rule, they're really suffering 

Whoop. 

I just read this.

20240406_185501.jpg.6f12289d5ed463aa1a216bd99b0602a9.jpg

And the scenario is that North Korea attacks the USA with 2 nukes, the USA responds with a nuke strike, the Russians then launch their nukes when their hair trigger defence system spots that the USA have launched and they can't tell exactly where the missiles are going, so the USA then launch the rest of their nukes at Russia.

Hilarity ensues...

3 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I just read this.

And the scenario is that North Korea attacks the USA with 2 nukes, the USA responds with a nuke strike, the Russians then launch their nukes when their hair trigger defence system spots that the USA have launched and they can't tell exactly where the missiles are going, so the USA then launch the rest of their nukes at Russia.

Hilarity ensues...

I really want to see this movie, if only for the moment when Joe Biden puts down the phone with a worried face and says to an aide, “Get me the Chief of Staff of the Airforce - this shit is about to get real!” 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I just read this.

Hilarity ensues...

Just downloaded this on audible so coming for you if its shite lol  

Edited by casablancas
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Daggers said:

You can’t be a racist cvnt if you’re dead. 

IMG_5878.jpeg

Idk have you seen some of the house of lords, or for that matter the US senate recently? Being a corpse is no obstacle to being a politician it seems

9 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I just read this.

Hilarity ensues...

Soon to be adapted for the big screen by Denis Villeneuve, after he's done Dune: Messiah, Cleopatra and Rendezvous with Rama.

Should probably make this one first before the actual war starts, if he can get it done in time.

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Soon to be adapted for the big screen by Denis Villeneuve, after he's done Dune: Messiah, Cleopatra and Rendezvous with Rama.

Should probably make this one first before the actual war starts, if he can get it done in time.

Didn't know he was due to do Rendezvous with Rama. Very exciting as such a brilliant book.