Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Also In The News - part 3

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

Do they even want to win that contest?  Pick some really weird candidates for Mayor of London.

Like who, our system for anything is messed.  Im surprised Homer Simpson isnt the Manager for Sanitation in this country 

6 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Like who, our system for anything is messed.  Im surprised Homer Simpson isnt the Manager for Sanitation in this country 

Too competent. 

I'm just too angry at Binface losing so probably shouldn't have said anything. Need to let the dust settle and emotions chill. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Lionator said:

Depends who the Lib Dem’s would want to work with I guess? I think they’d probably be happy propping up the Tories again. 

No chance. I think they would work with Labour though and could force some beneficial pro Europe concessions.

20 hours ago, Lionator said:

Depends who the Lib Dem’s would want to work with I guess? I think they’d probably be happy propping up the Tories again. 

Absolutely zero chance the lib dems will have enough seats to play a significant part in forming a coalition. 

I too though think the election is not a.foregone conclusion. Labour are absolutely woeful. They are winning votes.in the absence of any other option. 

There is evidence maybe in the Tees mayoral.election that the public are prepared to gather around genuine local issue MPs who genuinely has the constituency interests at heart. 

I'd love to see parliament  shaken up with 100+ independent/green/Galloway/Alba ....and even Reform type characters plus renegade labour/tories like a Corbyn or Rory Stewart standing as independent Tory/labour candidates. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Too competent. 

I'm just too angry at Binface losing so probably shouldn't have said anything. Need to let the dust settle and emotions chill. 

He beat Britain First. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah there’s zero chance the LibDems would work with this current Tory party, 

Lib Dems have always been the most pro-EU and pro-immigration and supra-nationalism major party and far more aligned to Starmer’s New Labour style party than the post-Cameron Tories who are becoming increasingly nationalist, anti-immigration and anti-internationalist.

Starmer is ultimately trying to portray Labour as far more of a free market party and more right wing economically than under Milliband or Corbyn so it will make them compatible enough for the LibDems I think. 

It’s irrelevant though. It’s a Labour majority at the GE for sure.

Edited by Sampson

Ooof! And the final domino tumbles with the West Mids mayor. 

Sunak has presided over the worst set of election returns in living memory. They have to go to the country now - emphatically crushed. 

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Ooof! And the final domino tumbles with the West Mids mayor. 

Sunak has presided over the worst set of election returns in living memory. They have to go to the country now - emphatically crushed. 

They won't. They're too cowardly to so until they have to and there's far too much money to be stolen from the public purse.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They won't. They're too cowardly to so until they have to and there's far too much money to be stolen from the public purse.

Who is stealing money from the public purse presently?

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

Who is stealing money from the public purse presently?

From the reports I've seen there are several Tory MPs who don't bother turning up to their constituencies at the moment, so them for a start.

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

From the reports I've seen there are several Tory MPs who don't bother turning up to their constituencies at the moment, so them for a start.

I mean that’s crap obviously but it’s not actually stealing is it?

39 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

Can’t believe that Houchen got back in: dodgy and incompetent scumbag will leave the area owing millions that the taxpayers will have to fund 

I don't know much about him or about how the Freeport will work.

But I've been there a few times and there are huge numbers of people earning well and many straight from school.

It might be a corrupt bubble but right now there is a lot going on up there.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The only thing that might convince them to go now is that if a ceasefire in Gaza is on the horizon, come October, Labour might gain some of the lost anti Israel voters back. 

Im still not sure Labour win though, a lot of my left leaning friends will be supporting the Greens or Galloway if his party stands (god knows why after his homophobic comments). I can definitely see the Tories winning by the left vote being split. 

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The only thing that might convince them to go now is that if a ceasefire in Gaza is on the horizon, come October, Labour might gain some of the lost anti Israel voters back. 

Im still not sure Labour win though, a lot of my left leaning friends will be supporting the Greens or Galloway if his party stands (god knows why after his homophobic comments). I can definitely see the Tories winning by the left vote being split. 

Reform will eat into the Tory vote much more significantly than the Greens will eat into Labour's.

• Like 1