Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Lucas Beraldo

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Tim Vickery (South American expert) was on Talksport earlier. 

Clearly doesn't rate him. Lightweight & may struggle over here. 

Probably one to avoid it seems. 

I'd say Enzo is definitely going for a mobile and technically gifted team... its possible that the old English model of a strong robust player is lower down the list of preferred attributes... we seem to be doing ok

• Like 2

15 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Tim Vickery (South American expert) was on Talksport earlier. 

Clearly doesn't rate him. Lightweight & may struggle over here. 

Probably one to avoid it seems. 

Vickery is excellent and when the BBC wheel him out every 4 years he puts other pundits to shame.

That said when Riyad started playing for us I thought he looked as if you could break his leg with a toothpick but once he adapted he was fine. Given time to adapt there is no reason this lad can’t be the same. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LVFox said:

If we are looking in Brazil, I wonder if we've viewed anyone from Santos who have just been relegated.

Marcos Leanardo and Yeferson Soteldo will likely go to good sides, but we could just catch some sides snoozing.

Gabriel Moscardo is their big talent, who looks set for PSG.

Marcos Leonardo is an interesting one, he's been linked with West Ham and Roma in the past. He'd actually be a very good signing for us on paper, because my understanding is that he drops deep to help link up the play. He's 5ft 9, which is short for a striker, which is perhaps why other teams haven't taken a chance. In our system, height isn't that important. I expect he goes to a big club in the January window though.

21 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Gabriel Moscardo is their big talent, who looks set for PSG.

Marcos Leonardo is an interesting one, he's been linked with West Ham and Roma in the past. He'd actually be a very good signing for us on paper, because my understanding is that he drops deep to help link up the play. He's 5ft 9, which is short for a striker, which is perhaps why other teams haven't taken a chance. In our system, height isn't that important. I expect he goes to a big club in the January window though.

Moscardo is absolutely sensational. Next big thing out of Brazil after Endrick ofcourse.

This lad Beraldo looks fantastic, Vickery’s comments are a concern mind as he knows his stuff. 17m will make the rest of the league wince but it’s only the amount of money we’ll have to spend on Doyle in June anyway. Roll on January.

1 hour ago, Aleksz said:

Moscardo is absolutely sensational. Next big thing out of Brazil after Endrick ofcourse.

This lad Beraldo looks fantastic, Vickery’s comments are a concern mind as he knows his stuff. 17m will make the rest of the league wince but it’s only the amount of money we’ll have to spend on Doyle in June anyway. Roll on January.

What did Vickery say about him? I actually rate his opinion, he said Tete was a gamble and was not that impressive in Brazil, and has generally got the top Brazilian talents right. It's just one man's opinion of course, but he tends to know what coaches and pundits in native Brazil think about players.

What I would say is that the way we will use a player like this will be incredibly different to how he's seen him used in South America, and in a team where we are expected to dominate the ball, physical stature is less important. Nathan Ake and Manuel Akanji aren't defensively that strong, but played in a treble winning team because of other characteristics. When you see the clips and stats of this player, you can see exactly why we are after him. The same can be said for Valentin Barco actually, even if he just joins us on loan.

Endrick by the way is a complete joke. His team won the title and some of the performances he put in were insane. Haaland, Mbappe and Bellingham are expected to be challenging for the Balon d'Or, but wow this guy has explosiveness that hasn't been seen in a while. His shooting power is absurd! Looks like the best player from Brazil since Neymar. We shall find out in the new decade how he fares!

• Like 2

Not sure where we stand from a financial perspective , i'd presume players need to exit before a transfer like this can take place. Especially if its going to be around 20 million and Doyle will be ( i assume) nearing match fitness soon after.