Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Lucas Beraldo

Think if this is true that it'd likely be a similar deal to Fatawu in that we'll pay a loan fee and then have an obligation to buy if we get promoted. If we don't get promoted then we don't have to buy him. Can't see us splashing out that much money in January when we're not certain to be promoted.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

We need a left footed centre back anyway, even if Doyle is back in January / February I would still want us to sign someone to compete with him

As much as I like JJ he just isn’t really suited to the role

At least with a signing like this it provides good competition for Doyle and you would also think it means starting to get Prem business done early

We could then sell JJ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

We could then sell JJ.

Personally would rather sell Souttar

I think JJ would be a lot better if used where Faes plays as back up, would be a lot more comfortable for him

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

Just now, Gerard said:

Yes, according to Betfair we're about an 87% implied chance of getting promoted. He's a 19yo who looks like he has every chance of going all the way in the game in a position we desire. He'd be a buy to cement our credentials for promotion and a after six months of bedding in PL quality with an excellent chance of selling for a profit further down the line.

Assuming he's as good as he looks, I absolutely agree with this.  The best time to "speculate to accumulate" is now (Mahrez is the prime example, where we were similarly looking good for promotion, but Fofana is another good example of a Xmas signing that cost us a lot but still had v good payback in the medium term).  We definitely need to be looking to (a) cement our promotion and (b) preparing ourselves as well as possible for the Prem.

Having said all that, unfortunately rumours such as these rarely come to fruition.

6 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Hmmm I wonder if we’re about to hear Doyle’s injury is worse than thought?

He's out running but not due to join 1st team trainer for another 3 weeks, so all still on track to feature again in Jan 2024

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, moore_94 said:

We need a left footed centre back anyway, even if Doyle is back in January / February I would still want us to sign someone to compete with him

As much as I like JJ he just isn’t really suited to the role

At least with a signing like this it provides good competition for Doyle and you would also think it means starting to get Prem business done early

I really hope we are not about to splash 20m, in the championship, to just provide competition…

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

I really hope we are not about to splash 20m, in the championship, to just provide competition…

We have already spent 2 3rds of that amount on competition in Coady and Cannon 🤣

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

It seems strange that we're reported to be looking at 20 mil on a 19 year old Brazilean CB.

When we have a good English 19 year old in our Development team in Ben Nelson.

Maybe Enzo doesn't rate him or he's not considered ready yet.

I probably wouldn’t use Ben Nelson in the left back / left centre back role that this guy would probably play

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Tim Vickery (South American expert) was on Talksport earlier. 

Clearly doesn't rate him. Lightweight & may struggle over here. 

Probably one to avoid it seems. 

He generally knows his onions but maybe he’s thinking of him as a CB whereas enzo would use him as a LB