Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

16 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The fee we'd get from Torino with 6 months on his contract would genuinely struggle to reach 7 figures wouldn't it.

The money saved on his wages would probably make it worth giving him to Antwerp on a free like you say to avoid the faf. Torino would probably haggle for the next 4 weeks too, in that time we probably pay him another £150K or more. 

Definition of GEERRIIMMMOOUUUTTT 

He won’t go in January unless we pay up his contract in some way 

And there is his loyalty bonus if we sell 

just can’t see him being signed in jan

most likely loan (same as ayoze last January) and we save half his wages with Torino paying the other half 

and unless we have a loan to bring in to replace in midfield early in the window  then suspect it would be an end jan deal too 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He won’t go in January unless we pay up his contract in some way 

And there is his loyalty bonus if we sell 

just can’t see him being signed in jan

most likely loan (same as ayoze last January) and we save half his wages with Torino paying the other half 

and unless we have a loan to bring in to replace in midfield early in the window  then suspect it would be an end jan deal too 

Only thing that's at play here is Euro 2024. Moving next month potentially saves his international career and for some players that might sway them to waive the financial bonus of being sold.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Only thing that's at play here is Euro 2024. Moving next month potentially saves his international career and for some players that might sway them to waive the financial bonus of being sold.

Good point. But is our comfy Dennis one who sees international involvement as the highest accolade? Questionable!!! But I do hope it has sway.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think he’s resigned to not being part of Belgium’s midfield …..

with his injury record, I’d be taking the dosh !

6 minutes ago, JimJams said:

To be fair he's already spent time out for Man Utd this season through injury.

He's managed 14 games, already as many as for us last season.

You only have to listen to Tony Pulis interview were he talks about Jonny and his time at WBA to understand Jonny can be a sick note when he wants to be.

Edited by coolhandfox

44 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

You only have to listen to Tony Pulis interview were he talks about Jonny and his time at WBA to understand Jonny can be a sick note when he wants to be.

Could be the same interview but someone once said hes a well known hypochondriac and would convince himself that he was injured when he Wasnt basically.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I know, just saying he's not always fit for his new club.

• Like 1

Praet needs to go.

The frustrating thing is, he’s shown he has more about it in spells, than just that pass at Brentford. 

Clearly has never been fancied by any Manager here for a sustained period of games. 

He's either made of glass or doesn’t want to play. 

I can see this being a simple case of he’s loaned out come January the 1st. The mysterious injury is all cleared up and he’ll never be seen at the club again. Another £60k per week off the wage bill! 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 4

On 28/12/2023 at 17:25, filbertway said:

I'd genuinely rather cut off my own nose to spite my face and keep him here, rather than let another Italian club take a player off us for well below market value. Completely illogical but it annoys me how adept they seem to be at getting a good deal lol

So what is his true value?

6 months left on his contract and been unfit all season. Plus anyone interested can wait till june and get him for free. More chance we end up paying half his wages to get rid of him and get nothing.

On 29/12/2023 at 11:47, MPH said:

I’d rather send him to Antwerp for free than take 2 million from Torino..

That's the best idea as we won't get a penny from any Italian club. They all play the potless card.

25 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Enzo rates him and that's normally enough to make players want to stay, but I'd definitely say get rid and get a (better if poss) more enthusiastic replacement.

Anyone who wants to be here would surly be an improvement.

Infact an empty pair of boots on the bench would be more inspiring than Dennis.

I hope we never see a Belgian player again going by what we've seen. Even the best of the bunch went into a slow decline after he signed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Anyone who wants to be here would surly be an improvement.

Infact an empty pair of boots on the bench would be more inspiring than Dennis.

I hope we never see a Belgian player again going by what we've seen. Even the best of the bunch went into a slow decline after he signed.

Faes is giving his all, Dennis could do with a little of his enthusiasm to play and win.

• Like 1

I think my worry is, he changed the game when he came on against Coventry then just vanished. To me he's a good back up/rotation player and I'd rather we kept him until the summer just to help push us over the line.

We've already seen what a small run of good and bad games can do looking at how Southampton and Leeds have swapped places. 

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Faes is giving his all, Dennis could do with a little of his enthusiasm to play and win.

To be honest I'd forgotten Faes was Belgian. And yes your correct. But one out of fours not a great record.

I suppose it say a huge amount about his character with what he's been through since his arrival.

But obviously tells us everything about the other 3 wasters.

1 hour ago, Genesis1 said:

To me he's a good back up/rotation player and I'd rather we kept him until the summer just to help push us over the line.

The 5 games and 1 unused sub appearance he's made from 26 league games don't have him as a key player. 

3 minutes ago, Bettsj2 said:

Could see him having a bit of an Ndidi style renaissance under Enzo but if we need to make some space in the squad to bring players in, he'd definitely be on the expendable asset list. 

He clearly just doesn't want to be here 

2 minutes ago, Bettsj2 said:

Could see him having a bit of an Ndidi style renaissance under Enzo but if we need to make some space in the squad to bring players in, he'd definitely be on the expendable asset list. 

Not a chance. Those who have excelled under Enzo (Ndidi, Vesty, Faes, KDH) have solid work ethics and you can see the effort they put in when they play and how much it means to them. For Preat to want that sort of renaissance, he needs the same work ethic and desire to succeed here. Nothing convinces me his attitude has changed. A lot has been made on Enzo 'rating' him, i can only recall Enzo saying he was a 'technical' player, which i agree with. But Enzo hasn't to my knowledge come out and praised any other elements of his game.  

Posted (edited)

Way too injury prone to put a run of games together to become a key player for Enzo, or to even be a useful squad player for us this season

Guy could get breathed on by an opposition player and be out for a month

Take whatever we are offered to free up a space in the squad even if we have to cover part of his wages until his contract runs out in the summer

Better than him sat here doing nothing and us still paying the whole lot

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Not a chance. Those who have excelled under Enzo (Ndidi, Vesty, Faes, KDH) have solid work ethics and you can see the effort they put in when they play and how much it means to them. For Preat to want that sort of renaissance, he needs the same work ethic and desire to succeed here. Nothing convinces me his attitude has changed. A lot has been made on Enzo 'rating' him, i can only recall Enzo saying he was a 'technical' player, which i agree with. But Enzo hasn't to my knowledge come out and praised any other elements of his game.  

I think he was showing signs of this at the start of the season before he got injured.

It would be totally the Leicester way to replace him with a younger player with potential.. r we might jus get a loan and wait until its confirmed we are in the prem... I mean... some of the talent we have brought in... can you imagine the type of talent we could attract when in the prem?

• Like 1