Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

48 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Bet you he's still here at the end of the transfer window.

Only way he goes now is for no fee or a nominal fee, bet like when Perez went on loan last winter window and then signed on a free in the summer.

Only benefit to us would be saved wages.

Saying that even on a wage of 40k, 6 months is over a 1m.

8 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I was hoping the Praet would be gone by now. He really doesn't want to be here. 

We don’t want him either. I’d say it’s a bit of a toxic relationship. 

We’re all clinging onto the hope he wants to be at the Euros, so leaves! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I was hoping the Praet would be gone by now. He really doesn't want to be here. 

There was a clip of the bench recently when we scored. Kasey and a few others notably celebrating. On the other hand Praet was just sat there looking disinterested.

We seriously need to move along this type of player to carry on Enzo’s rebuild.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

He was a solid player for us before getting injured in the 2020/21 season, but honestly I'd take £200k from Torino at this point just to get him off the wage bill. 

Never been solid and was ineffective everywhere. Surprised no one picked up on the 'all rounder' (lol!!!) comment in the latest article. If we're going back that far to try to rewrite history, whenever he started games saw an immediate drop off and was often subbed at half time. The week where everyone should have realised was in that season you mentioned before any injury, in which he had a run of starts starting with Braga away where we were completely dominated and lucky to still be in the match at half time (subbed at HT), the defeat at home to Fulham (subbed at HT) and then lost against Zorya where he played the full 90 minutes. This is a time where we were in top 4, but apart from a couple of games in his first season we rarely ever won a PL match in which he started.

At least he can leave having achieved the record of most times subbed off at half time for us which is all the more impressive considering the amount of games he did start.

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

He's not going anywhere unless we sign a replacement now that Wilf is out for a significant chunk of the rest of the season. 

Players need to leave for us to be able to sign a replacement

Praet should go so we can actually get a player in that we can actually rely on

• Like 1

On 04/01/2024 at 11:55, BenTheFox said:

He was a solid player for us before getting injured in the 2020/21 season, but honestly I'd take £200k from Torino at this point just to get him off the wage bill. 

I'd take an I.O.U. and a picture of bishop Brendan getting kicked up the arse.

Just going to end up hanging around until the summer isn’t he

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-need-big-effort-get-leicester-city-man-month-needs-convincing-transfer/

A potential move for Leicester City midfielder Dennis Praet is seen as difficult for Royal Antwerp this month, despite the Foxes being willing to sell.

That’s according to La Dernière Heure, relayed by Voetbal Nieuws, who says the Belgian club would have difficulties getting a deal done.

A report earlier this week claimed that Antwerp were showing concrete interest in Praet and had already contacted Leicester to ask about a deal and his potential terms.

That report also claimed that they might have to wait until the end of the month to get a deal done as Leicester were holding out for the time being.

La Dernière Heure have now seemingly followed that up, explaining that the transfer is ‘quite complicated’ for Antwerp.

They explain that the Belgian champions are not ‘well off financially’ at this moment in time and have lost sporting boss Marc Overmars, who has been handed a suspension over inappropriate behaviour at Ajax.

That does not make transfer matters this month easy and there is also competition from Torino for the midfielder as well.

Then there is the player himself, who would reportedly rather wait until the summer, when he is a free agent and can secure more favourable terms, than move at this moment in time.

Thus, it appears Antwerp need to put a lot of effort in if they’re to get their man, with a whole lot of convincing needed for this transfer to happen at any point in the coming weeks.