Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DZ-LCFC

Fabio Carvalho on loan

7 hours ago, FOXSE said:

I think this is a bit pointless if Liverpool have no intention of selling and we have no option to buy.

I would much rather we buy someone who we want to integrate in to a Premier league team ready for the start of next season.

It's not pointless if:

He improves the first team.

Can offer the player valued game time.

Can potentially cement our chances of promotion more.

The big window is next season 

52 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

1. He will improve at least the squad, possibly the first team, but if we can't sign him permanently, it just takes away potential time to integrate a player who will stick around 

2. I don't give a fig about offering someone else's player game time, especially if we are obligated to do so.

3.i think we will just about scrape promotion without him.

The next window is huge! But if we can get someone in now, we get 6 months to integrate them and get them fully up to speed.... a unique opportunity. 

Loans are a very good way to put together a squad needed to get out of this league. 

There’s things we’re obliged to consider before signing players. 

Financially, we can’t go spending too much money, if we fail to get promoted it could be a financial disaster, as we’d likely breach the financial regulations, so, loaning players is usually a safe way to negate that. 

There’s no point thinking about next seasons market now….. January has always been a difficult market to work in, so your best bet of improvement is a loan of a young player who needs developing. This loan would benefit us as much as it would Liverpool and the player himself. He’s frankly too good for this level, but needs some development. 

We can worry the summer when we get there, if we’re back in the PL then the market changes, we will be shopping in a completely different market again. I think we’ve got the base of a decent PL squad, we just need to fine tune it, for now loans are a good way of filling those gaps.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Loans are a very good way to put together a squad needed to get out of this league. 

There’s things we’re obliged to consider before signing players. 

Financially, we can’t go spending too much money, if we fail to get promoted it could be a financial disaster, as we’d likely breach the financial regulations, so, lining players is usually a safe way to negate that. 

There’s no point thinking about next seasons market now….. January has always been a difficult market to work in, so your best best of improvement is a loan of a young player who needs developing. This loan would benefit us as much as it would Liverpool and the player himself. He’s frankly too good for this level, but needs some development. 

We can worry the summer when we get there, if we’re back in the PL then the market changes, we will be shopping in a completely different market again. I think we’ve got the base of a decent PL squad, we just need to fine tune it, for now loans are a good way of filling those gaps.

Valid point about putting a squad together to get out of the league, but we aren't in that position. We are winning the league. 

The signing point is a good one, I would favour loans but with option to buy.

Just now, FOXSE said:

Valid point about putting a squad together to get out of the league, but we aren't in that position. We are winning the league. 

The signing point is a good one, I would favour loans but with option to buy.

If you go on stats yes we are, but, it still can’t be taken for granted. 

They are, but with players like this, Liverpool has no intention of selling. So loaning him would see if his profile fits the team, if it does we can go looking in the market for players of a similar style. It’s down to who’s available too.

As you’ve said, it’s likely we’re going up, so really this signing will just bolster what we have until the summer.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If it stops Southampton or Leeds getting him and he comes in and scores and assists like he does with ease at this level then it's a no brainer. 

It's not a no brainer though. A player with attitude issues that hasn't played consistently in two years is not guaranteed to make the starting XI, not guaranteed to have the impact he had two years ago and will likely disrupt the squad. Let Leeds and Southampton have him, if we fail to get an automatic promotion spot it will be because of a mental collapse on our part, not the performances of Leeds or Southampton or us lacking player quality.

• Like 1

Just now, honeybradger said:

It's not a no brainer though. A player with attitude issues that hasn't played consistently in two years is not guaranteed to make the starting XI, not guaranteed to have the impact he had two years ago and will likely disrupt the squad. Let Leeds and Southampton have him, if we fail to get an automatic promotion spot it will be because of a mental collapse on our part, not the performances of Leeds or Southampton or us lacking player quality.

Attitude issues do you know him personally?

10 hours ago, FOXSE said:

I think this is a bit pointless if Liverpool have no intention of selling and we have no option to buy.

I would much rather we buy someone who we want to integrate in to a Premier league team ready for the start of next season.

What if we were able to get him on loan for next season aswell? 

• Like 3

The other good sign is, if Liverpool  find him surplice to requirements   and he enjoys his time here integrating with the squad it would give us a slight advantage on others maybe 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What if we were able to get him on loan for next season aswell? 

I think that is probably the best(only) way we get him really. Right now he's a good option to rotate with some players, but he's not displacing any starters and that's probably not ideal for both him and Liverpool. However if he got to finish up the season here and then prove himself at Prem level, then Liverpool are getting a big benefit, we are, the player is.

Liverpool have stated that it's their intention to take him into the fold with the 1st team next season, I don't see how a championship loan helps them in that regard. There's not really anything to prove at Championship level. He needs to show he can do it at Premier League level, either with a Prem loan now or as you say with an 18 month loan to a team that has gotten promoted. Saints are in the mix for that, but we're the only club you could hang your hat on for it.

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It is a no brainer, his two vest positions are LW and as an attacking midfielder. Both areas we could do with another option and especially in the next 6 weeks.

Abdul Fatawu also barely played at Sporting and there were reports of him not surrounding himself with good people and he's been a revelation. Carvalho in 2021/22 at this level was very impressive. 

No brainer.

Why do we need depth for LW and attacking midfielder? We're strolling the league as it is and have Akgun coming back from injury. Personally i would rather see Will Alves get some first team minutes over the season rather than loan a player as a bench option who will be gone again in 5 months.

Just now, honeybradger said:

Why do we need depth for LW and attacking midfielder? We're strolling the league as it is and have Akgun coming back from injury. Personally i would rather see Will Alves get some first team minutes over the season rather than loan a player as a bench option who will be gone again in 5 months.

Alves in injured. We don't have another left winger currently. We also lose Ndidi for 4-6 weeks who is a big miss as an 8 and Akgun and KDH doesn't work as a combo. It all rests on Casadei to step up, which to date hasn't worked out yet.

If a cheap loan deal is available for a player who got 11 goals and 8 assists the last time he was in the Championship, it really is a no brainer.

• Like 1

In isolation it's a no-brainer. He's a proven player at this level in the offensive 3rd. But transfers aren't done in isolation. For all intents and purposes this is a loan with no long term pay off for us, promotion doesn't depend on him signing. It ties up a loan place and a place in the squad. There may be other players we're interested in which could make this an either/or situation. We might have another Fatawu or Mav in our sights who whilst unproven, will still be here next year.  There's a lot of factors that mean it's not as simple as saying this players good and available obviously we must get him. Though it'd be interesting to test the waters with Liverpool about the possibility of it being longer or perhaps leading to a permanent move.

Personally I think he'll get a prem club. Could even go back to Fulham. They've lost Iwobi to AFCON, Traore has been injured all season and hasn't made himself a place in the squad. It's a club and area the lad knows and so a likelier destination if they'd actually show interest (not sure if Fulham are using up loan slots).

Doesn’t seem to be in contention there and they have a lot of young creative midfielders, could see this becoming permanent in the summer if it goes through and we go up, wouldn’t be surprised if this is with a view to some sort of deal provided we do go up

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Think about this, if they see him as part of their long term plans.

A loan, with a option for a further seasons loan in the PL wouldn't be a bad idea.

That's probably the plan bring him in now and then if we get promoted he has a season with us in the Prem.

• Like 1

If we can sign him then do it! He’s a very good player and especially at this level! It totally makes sense imo. I do see him going to lower prem team tho unfortunately